💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What Are Your Thoughts On Meghan Trainor?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

huttont

I’m a fan. She really grew on me. Loved her first album...didn’t like her during the second and now im back again liking her.

This song featuring her and Ari:legend:

Mirrion Rizzons
2 hours ago, GaGaSwift said:

looking forward to the Treat Myself era

the album was cancelled

Andreu

I like her! It's obvious she's not the most creative or groundbreaking musician but she has a lot of nice songs.

I was looking forward to her new album and I'm very disappointed with the postponing

My favourite song of hers is Just A Friend to You. And I like Thank You better than Title tbh, but I'm very sure the third one will top both

Killa

Part-time skinny

Full-time annoying

Extra hour shallow

If you try to juice it all youd hardly get one serving for a poor breakfast

StrawberryBlond

I thought her debut album was a cute little doo wop pop album but she fell off after that. I have the feeling her label engineered an new direction when she made her Thank You album filled with early 00's style pop. Very few good songs on that. And the only one out of the 5 songs she's shown us from Treat Myself I've actually liked. It irks me how short her songs are as well. It's like she can't be bothered to extend them even the slightest. No Excuses was by far her laziest song yet with just one verse repeated. She just uses the same 3 themes throughout her music - how much she loves herself, telling a man off and telling a man what to do. Very, very few of her songs are about something else. Which leads me on to my next point - she's not exactly the most humble of popstars and that's an issue. Unless you're a rapper (where bragging comes with the territory), you've got to be humble if you want to stick around. I'm not here for popstars with big egos. You could say these are just fun songs she makes that she doesn't actually believe in but how many times can she sing about how beautiful she is, how every man wants her and how she's the best lover before you start to believe that this is just genuinely how she sees herself?

lovespent
3 hours ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

I first decided I disliked her when All About that Bass was being lauded as a feminist anthem when it isn't feminist at all, it just praises curvy bodies over thin ones because men purportedly prefer that, and several other tracks also promote antifeminist ideals like AATB and Dear Future Husband, etc. I took it personally cuz im skinny and my thicc aunt and cousin were singing it to me and stanning it hard and i felt affronted lmao :laughga: I don't have a problem with a girl writing nonfeminist pop songs about love and wanting to please a man, (hello #1 Lana stan right here, problematique man worship and all) but it was very irritating to me that the public had a false perception of her as a feminist icon or champion of body positivity. I see no evidence of true bravery from her in that regard, just standard conformist bubblegum vying for that Radio Disney hit.

THIS. 

Plus the fact that her music is so basic. 

Andrea B

Her first album is a perfect pop record, I can listen to it all day! Thank You was meh, I only liked No and Me Too. Her ''new'' album ( I don't think its an album anymore, cause she pretty much scrapped all the album) was going to be ok, I only liked no excuses and let you be right 

Andrea B
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I thought her debut album was a cute little doo wop pop album but she fell off after that. I have the feeling her label engineered an new direction when she made her Thank You album filled with early 00's style pop. Very few good songs on that. And the only one out of the 5 songs she's shown us from Treat Myself I've actually liked. It irks me how short her songs are as well. It's like she can't be bothered to extend them even the slightest. No Excuses was by far her laziest song yet with just one verse repeated. She just uses the same 3 themes throughout her music - how much she loves herself, telling a man off and telling a man what to do. Very, very few of her songs are about something else. Which leads me on to my next point - she's not exactly the most humble of popstars and that's an issue. Unless you're a rapper (where bragging comes with the territory), you've got to be humble if you want to stick around. I'm not here for popstars with big egos. You could say these are just fun songs she makes that she doesn't actually believe in but how many times can she sing about how beautiful she is, how every man wants her and how she's the best lover before you start to believe that this is just genuinely how she sees herself?

I agree with you, I think she's kinda insecure and that's why she needs to sing all the time about how much she loves herself and how pretty she thinks she is but, I think we shouldn't over analyze her music, I mean yeah sometimes the lyrics are annoying but that's it, her style is very pop and her sounds are very catchy. Just enjoy her music and if you can't do it because of the lyrics then don't listen to her. Don't take her seriously, she's just another fun pop star with messy singles and I'm telling you this as a fan of her. 

she has other songs with beautiful lyrics too ''Close your eyes'': 

Spoiler

''guess I could waste all me time and my money
Just trying to look right
But it doesn't change who I am in my heart if I look like them

So I want you to close your eyes
Seem to the world tonight
And show them what's beautiful
I don't care what they think
No I'm not listening
'Cause I know I'm beautiful
So close your eyes''

''everybody's born to be different
That's the one thing that makes us the same
So don't let them hurt, try to change you
Don't let them make you into something you ain't

No I'm not listening
So close your eyes''

this song is for her fans.

StrawberryBlond
44 minutes ago, Andree said:

I agree with you, I think she's kinda insecure and that's why she needs to sing all the time about how much she loves herself and how pretty she thinks she is but, I think we shouldn't over analyze her music, I mean yeah sometimes the lyrics are annoying but that's it, her style is very pop and her sounds are very catchy. Just enjoy her music and if you can't do it because of the lyrics then don't listen to her. Don't take her seriously, she's just another fun pop star with messy singles and I'm telling you this as a fan of her. 

she has other songs with beautiful lyrics too ''Close your eyes'': 

Reveal hidden contents

''guess I could waste all me time and my money
Just trying to look right
But it doesn't change who I am in my heart if I look like them

No I'm not listening
So close your eyes''

''everybody's born to be different
That's the one thing that makes us the same
So don't let them hurt, try to change you
Don't let them make you into something you ain't

No I'm not listening
So close your eyes''

this song is for her fans.

My all-time favourite songs from her are Dear Future Husband, Close Your Eyes, Band Dem Sticks, Walkashame, Title, What If I, Credit, Watch Me Do, Hopeless Romantic, Just A Friend To You and Can't Dance. I love it when she's being sassy but not overly bossy and when she does her sweet songs about being in love (though I always found Like I'm Gonna Lose You to be so bland). I admire her ability to write a catchy tune and the fact she mostly does it all herself. So saying, it's not exactly Grammy material. I don't take her overly seriously, I'm just answering the question truthfully. To truly connect with an artist, I have to like their personality as well, with very few exceptions.

JazzGa
2 hours ago, Killa said:

Part-time skinny

Full-time annoying

Extra hour shallow

If you try to juice it all youd hardly get one serving for a poor breakfast

dragT :deadbanana:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

ThisGuyTony

I loved her debut album and even bought it on iTunes.

Better When I'm Dancin' was a bop.

NO and Me Too were bops. I was ready to fully stan.

But..... then I heard snippets and the songs off Thank You and they weren't that good - lyrically and sonically. :triggered:

Aside from the awful visuals and that awful lead single (No Excuses), this era has pretty good music. 

Bradley

I don't like her aesthetic.

I don't like musicians with aesthetics that make me feel feminine. I feel like you can like Gaga, Britney, Rihanna and still be masculine but with artists like Meghan, I dk it seems like she sings songs for kindergarten kids.

ZiggyZiggs

have you guys noticed every new artist that broke out in 2014 and had massive hits, got a lot of hate by the GP and/ or eventually flopped into oblivion? meghan, iggy, magic!, hozier lol. 2014 was a cursed year

Archived