Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What Are Your Thoughts On Meghan Trainor?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

Today I decided to put on Title by Meghan Trainor from my CD collection and fell in love with it again. I loved her cutesy 50's bubblegum pop music from the Title era but the Thank You era really let me down. There was too many tracks on it and they were all rushed. Now I am very much looking forward to the Treat Myself era and I love No Excuses and Let You Be Right. I have just never understood the hate against Meghan Trainor. I can understand how she can be slightly generic and annoying at times but I think she is really great when you just want some fun music to listen to. So what are your thoughts on her? 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Don't really know much about her and like a few of her songs. They're quite catchy especially "no excuses" I also don't get the hate either. Her title album was great but couldn't get into Thank You but most of her new stuff is great. 

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

GaGaAst

she is all about that bass. :bye:

Just joking. I think she is cute and a good singer 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

rumours

She makes very generic pop music, so I can’t say I’ve loved the music she has put out. That being said, I don’t understand why anyone would hate her. 

ryanripley

i was sad to hear the album way delayed, i've never cared for her until now but those songs were bops

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

JazzGa

I first decided I disliked her when All About that Bass was being lauded as a feminist anthem when it isn't feminist at all, it just praises curvy bodies over thin ones because men purportedly prefer that, and several other tracks also promote antifeminist ideals like AATB and Dear Future Husband, etc. I took it personally cuz im skinny and my thicc aunt and cousin were singing it to me and stanning it hard and i felt affronted lmao :laughga: I don't have a problem with a girl writing nonfeminist pop songs about love and wanting to please a man, (hello #1 Lana stan right here, problematique man worship and all) but it was very irritating to me that the public had a false perception of her as a feminist icon or champion of body positivity. I see no evidence of true bravery from her in that regard, just standard conformist bubblegum vying for that Radio Disney hit.

That being said, I don't think that she is a bad musician.  I think it's cool that she has been writing her own songs and releasing records since she was 15, and that she started out in a family band with her aunt and brother. I also think it's cool that she can play guitar, piano, and trumpet.  But she lets the "cashing in on meme hashtag sayings" trendy side of her outshine the potentially really creative jazz- and Sintatra- influenced side of her. I have hopes for her moving away from fitting so neatly in teen pop's shiny pink box as she grows artistically. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Smother Em Eh

The only song I ever really liked from her was “Love You Like I’m Gonna Lose You” ft. John Legend. And I do think she is a talented individual. But as a person, she’s ehhh I guess. I don’t think she’s a bad person or anything but there’s something about her I find annoying and odd. 

Watch this video cuz it sums up how a lot of people feel about her, including me tbh

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

GypsyBabe

She's obviously talented, but I don't really like her bubblegum pop aesthetic. It's catchy, but sonically not my style. 

⚯͛

BUtterfield 8

Honestly I like her first two albums even saw her in concert once 

unfortunately I’m not really into the songs this era except for no excuses 

I don't necessarily like her, but I don't get the hate for her, either.

Also, Like I'm Gonna Lose You is kind of amazing.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived