Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Why does Gaga have issues with streaming?

ARTPOPSTER

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kvnrp

She was popular before you could get billions of views on YouTube easily and Spotify was only kinda coming out in Europe only.

The streaming service of that time was Pandora :lana:

migamiga

I didn’t know she was having issues. Maybe she should call her internet provider. Could be a bad connection :lolga:

TheAlpha

She’s not very popular anymore. With young people. One huge hit again could help tho. Also her team aren’t trying at all to make her a streaming force.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

MaryJaneHolland

Because when everyone was transitioning to Spotify she had her underperformaning era.

ryanripley

as someone else said, the switch to streaming happened during her backlash era and they didn't promote Joanne's singles well on spotify etc

The Cure did well with virtually no promo and Joanne's album tracks aren't doing too bad but if she wants a hit, they need to get up to date with their promo

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

lost in limbo

She's an old school kinda girl, she's from the time you had to travel miles just to go to the farm to get the DVDs from the cows and used a chicken's vocal cords for streaming.

No, but really, it's just she was flopping while Spotify became the thing and bc she hasn't done any efforts to integrate herself so far.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

androiduser

she's from the pre-streaming era and since then she hasn't had a monster hit to properly re-introduce her to the new times. She basically needs a career-making megahit because streaming will need to start from zero in her case.

Chickens in Malibu

Personally I hate this streaming era.

First of all, Taylor Swift was absolutely right. Streaming really hurts the beginners and especially songwriters.

Today you can write a massive hit and receive only few thousands of dollars in royalties. Why? Because sales don't happen anymore, and Spotify pays so little to songwriters.

It's really very very discouraging, and I wish this streaming era didn't happen at all. Too bad that the media jumped on hating TS when she tried to stand up for songwriters and new artists:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34344619/all-about-that-bass-writer-says-he-got-5679-from-178m-streams

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

First of all, Taylor Swift was absolutely right. Streaming really hurts the beginners and especially songwriters.

Today you can write a massive hit and receive only few thousands of dollars in royalties. Why? Because sales don't happen anymore, and Spotify pays so little to songwriters.

It's really very very discouraging, and I wish this streaming era didn't happen at all. Too bad that the media jumped on hating TS when she tried to stand up for songwriters and new artists:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34344619/all-about-that-bass-writer-says-he-got-5679-from-178m-streams

Even sadder when you consider the fact Taylor eventually submitted to the trend too

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Just now, nicolasrumet said:

Today you can write a massive hit and receive only few thousands of dollars in royalties.

I thought singers got most of their money from tours, concerts, interviews, etc. :gum:

TheAlpha
9 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Personally I hate this streaming era.

I don’t really hate the streaming era at all. Music is more accessible now. And because of that, we have a clearer idea of what most people are listening to. People have spoken. This is what they like. And as an artist, you either get on it or stay behind. Taylor Swift had to drop reputation everywhere. She understands now.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, Kween said:

I thought singers got most of their money from tours, concerts, interviews, etc. :gum:

No, I'm talking about songwriters, the people who write those bops that we hear on the radio but only get paid through royalties. Since sales don't happen that much anymore, their income has drastically decreased. So you can write a hit with Beyoncé, 80/20. Beyoncé would make millions of dollars from that hit (strong era leads to great tour income etc..) and the other songwriter with 80% share would only make few thousands (unless radios play the song in really high rotation).

4 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

So you can write a hit for Beyoncé, 100/0.

FixedT :derpga:

Spoiler

I see what you’re saying btw.

Archived