raragaga

Barbie Dreams is everything!

xoxo

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daredevil
19 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Actually you need a history class. You obviously have no idea of the origins of either word, so here you go(Because there is a big difference)..

The ā€œNā€ word was invented by white racists as a contemptuous term for black people. If you look up the definition of the N word, it has no other meaning or origin. It is, and has always been a hateful term. True, a black person can refer to their friends as ā€œmy Nā€”ā€œ - but why canā€™t a white person? If the white person isnā€™t using it in a racist or derogatory way, then why Ā not? There is where the hypocrasy lies.Ā Ā The main issue, is throwing around the word in everyday lingo, putting it out into the culture, Ā then getting upset when someone other than your race uses it. IF you try to ā€œchange the definition of the word, to not be offensive, then itā€™s no longer offensive.Ā Itā€™s a word.Ā 

Ā 

Wrong

the n-word has its origin from the latin language.Ā It literallyĀ means black. When Spanish and Portuguese people started the transatlantic slaveĀ tradeĀ in the 16. century they started using that word as a derogatory term. they flogged black people while shouting those words and black people were forced to refer each other as n*****. they reclaimed that word after years of oppression, because when you do that, you take away its power.Ā 

thank you for coming to my TED Talk

monketsharona
On 8/11/2018 at 10:58 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

IShe's officially lost it. There's moments of greatness with a line or two but she reached her peak and now it's all downhill. It looks like Cardi's takeover has affected her work - a very common thing when an artist suddenly feels like they're not #1 anymore.

It's funny because I read a lot of those same kind of Ā posts about Lady Gaga through the years saying she has lost it.

I know Joanne in the fanbase will never be trashed especially here. But the reviews outside the fanbase have been mixed-positive. But still mixed. Most saying it lacked something and she lost that thing that made her albums so special.

migamiga
6 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I know Joanne in the fanbase will never be trashed especially here.Ā 

Oh honey, itā€™ll happen hereĀ :reductive:

doppelganger
7 hours ago, Daredevil said:

Wrong

the n-word has its origin from the latin language.Ā It literallyĀ means black. When Spanish and Portuguese people started the transatlantic slaveĀ tradeĀ in the 16. century they started using that word as a derogatory term. they flogged black people while shouting those words and black people wereļ»æ forced to refer each other as n*****. they reclaimed that word after years of oppression, because when you do that, you take away its power.Ā 

thank you for coming to my TED Talk

Clearly this isn't working (yet). The thread proves it, and it's still seen as offensive and raw.Ā 

Correct me if I'm wrong but i don't see how this is comparable to how LGBTIQs were "reclaiming" the word queer, neutralising it, and giving it new meaning and power. QueerĀ means something else now, and straight people can use the word. I don't see African-American people having any intention to neutralise the "n"-word, but only to claim it as their own.Ā 

Sorry if some people find this offensive. I'm not American and a lot of its racial politics are baffling toĀ me. I will never use the "n"-word but i see many Asians who perhaps don't understand the context of the word, use it in their everyday language. Can you really be mad at them because their only exposure toĀ the word is through rap music? Are kids expected to learn about the history and culture of the word while some artists use them so liberally and out-of-context, not complaining of the consumption of such songsĀ (ka-ching!) but take offense when a sea of impressionableĀ concert-goers shout back the "n"-word to you?

Sylvanas

I'm surprised Barbie Tingz isn't on the tracklist.Ā :huh:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

StrawberryBlond
23 hours ago, monketsharona said:

It's funny because I read a lot of those same kind of Ā posts about Lady Gaga through the years saying she has lost it.

I know Joanne in the fanbase will never be trashed especially here. But the reviews outside the fanbase have been mixed-positive. But still mixed. Most saying it lacked something and she lost that thing that made her albums so special.

Yeah, but this isn't Gaga, it's Nicki. I don't get your point. I don't care what the outside response has been to Joanne - what I think about it is all that matters. And honestly, only a small amount of non-fans have even heard that album, so you're just talking about critics, who have been against her for a few years. I am allowed to say whatever I think of other artists without you making a parallel to Gaga and inferring that I'm being a hypocrite or something. I don't mess around when I say an artist has lost it. I've got very good at predicting when an artist is done. I could tell back in 2011 that Gaga had not lost it and she's proved that I was right with continuing success. Nicki on the other hand, has been losing it steadily since 2014 and this is the end result of that.

HausOfHarlow

Alright.. I have listened to the album 4 times in full since its release. My semi-track by track review / thoughts are below:

Ganja Burn is incredible. The production is so fresh. Majesty is pretty good, but the very fast verse by Eminem is too fast. Nobody can talk that fast (clearly) and you can hear in his voice that they recorded at normal speed and just sped it up on the recording.Ā Barbie Dreams also goes hard, and I was surprised with Verse 3 / Interlude at the end of the song. Personally, I wish it was its own standalone Interlude. It could be titled "Roman Returns" or "He's Back", just to rev up the fans interest for Roman.Ā Rich SexĀ - I wish there was a standalone version. I didn't discover this song until the album release - and have been singing the chorus all day in my head.Ā Hard WhiteĀ literally gives me a headache. The production's hypnotic beat/synths are nauseating.Ā BedĀ doesn't fit the theme of the record, in my opinion. I addedĀ Barbie TingzĀ after Bed. I wish it was included with the regular album. I wishĀ Thought I Knew YouĀ was a 2 minute interlude. The outro is just odd. Either make it shorter, or keep the outro simply as an instrumental. I enjoyed the track.Ā Run & HideĀ - emotions! I love this short but sweet track.Ā Chun SwaeĀ - I enjoy Swae Lee's part, but this is wayyyyyy too long - I wouldn't be offended deleting it off my iTunes. I addedĀ No FraudsĀ to the list in between both "Chuns". No Frauds was my favorite single from the 3 releases in 2017.Ā Chun-LiĀ goes hard.Ā LLCĀ goes harder.Ā Good FormĀ - love love love this piano/trap production! The lyrics are so dirty... I love it.Ā Nip TuckĀ - I don't understand the hate? I really enjoy this track.Ā 2 Lit 2 LateĀ has unfortunately been deleted. It's too short and doesn't do much for me. I addedĀ Regret In Your TearsĀ at this point. I felt it deserved to be included with album. It's alright.Ā Come See About MeĀ - this is one of her best signing moments of any album.Ā Sorry (ft. Nas)... I added this too. Released just one day after, I felt it goes well at this point of the album. I really like the light/airy/poppy production. Definitely a filler that was intended to be left off.Ā Sir, I actuallyĀ reallyĀ like this song. Nicki's verse is awesome. I'm already visualizing how this will be performed live on the tour.Ā MiamiĀ -Ā definite filler material. Catchy chorus, but that's about it. Lastly,Ā Coco Chanel, I honestly can't remember it after the 4 listens.... I deletedĀ Inspirations OutroĀ because I thought it was lame. It has just now made Coco Chanel end so abruptly, but it was going to end abruptly anyways if the album was on shuffle? I also did;t includeĀ Change ItĀ because it's basically a Lil' Wayne song and he's not my favorite rapper. It would be nice if they didn't collaborate on the next album.Ā 

So that's my review.... I really enjoy about 14 / 22 of the album I have created. Some fillers here an there (... I see you 2Ā Lit 2 Late...) but I think it's a solid album for the casual Nicki fan.Ā 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, HausOfHarlow said:

Rich SexĀ - I wish there was a standalone version. I didn't discover this song until the album release - and have been singing the chorus all day in my head.Ā 

My thoughts exactly!

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJƖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCƉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Bradley
On 8/13/2018 at 5:25 AM, monketsharona said:

I know Joanne in the fanbase will never be trashed eļ»æspecialļ»æly herļ»æe. But the reviews outside tļ»æhe fanbase have beeļ»æn mixed-positive. But still mixed. Most saying itļ»æ lacked something and she lost that thing that made her albums so special.ļ»æ

There is like 20% mixed reviews and 80% positive reviews for Joanne. It's even nominated for two Grammys.

monketsharona
43 minutes ago, Bradley said:

There is like 20% mixed reviews and 80% positive reviews for Joanne. It's even nominated for two Grammys.

Yeah and it didn't win... I was not saying it's a bad album btw I was just saying that some people here are calling Nicki a fad which is just stupid. As much as people who called Gaga a fad (and still doing)

shoful
On 8/12/2018 at 5:25 PM, monketsharona said:

Bitch youā€™ve never heard me talk about Joanne then šŸ˜‚

Joanne lacks originality and sense. TheĀ lyrics are very weak. The only saving grace is Perfect Illusion šŸ™ŒšŸ»

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Archived