💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga will be on October VOGUE Cover

Miaou

Featured Posts

Kindness Ponk
3 hours ago, Inferno said:

You know I do love them, but im getting a bit bored of them lately only because they seem to be the only photographers she works with anymore album promotion wise. What happened to Steven Klein and Nick Knight? They were a little edgier imo. And more importantly to me, why hasn't she enlisted Hedi Slimane again? Like jeez.

She did the V magazine shot with Hedi.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Rah Rah

Definitely ordering this when the time comes. I NEED THOSE VISUALS

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

MaryJaneHolland

Speaking of black and white, hopefully this shoot actually has color :huntyga:

Idk how edgy I&V think they are when they add a B&W filter over a pic, but it sucks the life out of a pic :triggered:

Schizophonic
18 hours ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Yay! So I assume it’s gonna be one of those pics from that Malibu Beach photoshoot she did a couple of weeks ago? :oprah:

i dont think so.

vogue us would propably not work with lobster eye/ruth. and as far as i know they never had a cover by inez and vinoodh eighter.

freebit

I just hope her cover is not underwhelming. :crossed: Considering it's US Vogue, it will probably just be whelming at best. :saladga: Praying it is not awful like her 2012 cover though. Hope there's no boring grey background involved either. 

I was wondering what magazines she could possibly appear on, and a lot of them are so dire now. Vanity Fair thinks its some kind of ~kewl indie mag, Glamour is just tragic (really hope she never appears on that one), and W is on its last legs and doesn't even distribute monthly anymore. Interview is already gone. I would have loved to seen a big glossy cover & photoshoot with her & Bradley from Graydon Carter era Vanity Fair, but some dreams cannot be. :madge: I think the best bet for that type of photoshoot is Entertainment Weekly now. 

Inferno
On 8/8/2018 at 12:31 AM, GigiHadid said:

She did the V magazine shot with Hedi.

Which my love?

Inferno
On 8/8/2018 at 4:50 PM, freebit said:

I just hope her cover is not underwhelming. :crossed: Considering it's US Vogue, it will probably just be whelming at best. :saladga: Praying it is not awful like her 2012 cover though. Hope there's no boring grey background involved either. 

I was wondering what magazines she could possibly appear on, and a lot of them are so dire now. Vanity Fair thinks its some kind of ~kewl indie mag, Glamour is just tragic (really hope she never appears on that one), and W is on its last legs and doesn't even distribute monthly anymore. Interview is already gone. I would have loved to seen a big glossy cover & photoshoot with her & Bradley from Graydon Carter era Vanity Fair, but some dreams cannot be. :madge: I think the best bet for that type of photoshoot is Entertainment Weekly now. 

Her 2012 cover was tragic. The fact that she had no story really because nothing was going on in gaga world at that time besides her healing hip and her coty celebrity fragrance launch (I italicized to symbolize an eyeroll because coty is such a cheap ass corny company for her to have partnered with honestly, in the fragrance world and even specifically in celebrity fragrance world coty is a cheap joke. why no one on her team or she herself thought it would be better for her brand to partner with anyone else that actually fosters/honors creative input is beyond me), on top of the weak styling and aesthetic, the photos they chose, her physical appearance at that point (I know i'll catch a lot of flack for saying that which I totally deserve and id be mortified if Gaga were to ever see me say that which of course how would she but still). I don't know too much about the history of US Vogue covers but I wouldn't be surprised if it was considered one of the least interesting cover stories and visuals.

freebit
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

Her 2012 cover was tragic. The fact that she had no story really because nothing was going on in gaga world at that time besides her healing hip and her coty celebrity fragrance launch (I italicized to symbolize an eyeroll because coty is such a cheap ass corny company for her to have partnered with honestly, in the fragrance world and even specifically in celebrity fragrance world coty is a cheap joke. why no one on her team or she herself thought it would be better for her brand to partner with anyone else that actually fosters/honors creative input is beyond me), on top of the weak styling and aesthetic, the photos they chose, her physical appearance at that point (I know i'll catch a lot of flack for saying that which I totally deserve and id be mortified if Gaga were to ever see me say that which of course how would she but still). I don't know too much about the history of US Vogue covers but I wouldn't be surprised if it was considered one of the least interesting cover stories and visuals.

-To me the 2012 September cover is her worst magazine cover ever, and the photo itself is up there with the Mick Rock one. Mert & Marcus should never be hired for any Gaga photoshoot ever. I also feel Vogue's team was not good at styling and setting up a photoshoot for her. Her March 2011 photoshoot with them was better, but also not her best photoshoot either. I just never understood how V, Vanity Fair, Bazaar, and Elle can get her so right and produce stunning pictures of her, but not Vogue. US Vogue is incredibly dull though so I guess this should not be surprising to anyone. Still though, after looking at the other photos from that shoot I don't understand how Anna approved that awful cover. I mean, yeah, she was dealing with bloating from her hip injury & the wig is a mess, but the  stills from the behind the scenes video for the cover are actually kind of stunning & ethereal...yet that awful cover exists. :saladga: I can see there was potential, but M&M, Anna, and whoever was art directing the shoot squandered it. She slayed the big white hair look with the AHS crew and Ryan Murphy practically styling her, but didn't pull it off with the most prestigious fashion magazine staff in the country. It doesn't compute. Anyway, I really hope I&V do her justice with this cover this time around. 

-I never put much thought into Coty. I really don't know much about perfume conglomerates. Are they worse than Elizabeth Arden? What are the differences between each one? Also, I could be wrong, but I do wonder if they might have had her do Vogue to promote that perfume (like Coach spokewoman Selena ended up on March Bazaar despite having nothing to really promote, but is pictured wearing a Coach skirt). I've read this is common. Michelle Williams is on the cover of Vanity Fair this month and is pictured wearing Louis Vuitton...and she's surprise, surprise, is also under contract for Louis Vuitton.

Maleficent
15 minutes ago, freebit said:

-To me the 2012 September cover is her worst magazine cover ever, and the photo itself is up there with the Mick Rock one. Mert & Marcus should never be hired for any Gaga photoshoot ever. I also feel Vogue's team was not good at styling and setting up a photoshoot for her. Her March 2011 photoshoot with them was better, but also not her best photoshoot either. I just never understood how V, Vanity Fair, Bazaar, and Elle can get her so right and produce stunning pictures of her, but not Vogue. US Vogue is incredibly dull though so I guess this should not be surprising to anyone. Still though, after looking at the other photos from that shoot I don't understand how Anna approved that awful cover. I mean, yeah, she was dealing with bloating from her hip injury & the wig is a mess, but the  stills from the behind the scenes video for the cover are actually kind of stunning & ethereal...yet that awful cover exists. :saladga: I can see there was potential, but M&M, Anna, and whoever was art directing the shoot squandered it. She slayed the big white hair look with the AHS crew and Ryan Murphy practically styling her, but didn't pull it off with the most prestigious fashion magazine staff in the country. It doesn't compute. Anyway, I really hope I&V do her justice with this cover this time around. 

-I never put much thought into Coty. I really don't know much about perfume conglomerates. Are they worse than Elizabeth Arden? What are the differences between each one? Also, I could be wrong, but I do wonder if they might have had her do Vogue to promote that perfume (like Coach spokewoman Selena ended up on March Bazaar despite having nothing to really promote, but is pictured wearing a Coach skirt). I've read this is common. Michelle Williams is on the cover of Vanity Fair this month and is pictured wearing Louis Vuitton...and she's surprise, surprise, is also under contract for Louis Vuitton.

As far as I’m concerned Mert Alas can only take good photos of two people: 

Himself (his selfies) 

Madonna (her Vogue Italia shoot and RH album cover were stunning) 

he botches anyone else. He managed to make Gigi Hadid look like a man for gods sake 

Inferno
13 hours ago, GigiHadid said:

V #109

image001.png

OH YEAH, I totally forgot about this shoot. It looked great however its Joanne-era visuals so its kind of boring to me.

Fame IV

I actually like then 2012 Vogue US cover, and unlike some people said Gaga hadn't had yet the hip injury and the cover promoted FAME 

A Star is Born ⭐

Inferno
15 hours ago, freebit said:

-Her 2012 Vogue cover was both in regards to promoting the born this way ball as well as promotion for the then upcoming fragrance yes.

-I actually liked her 2011 cover a lot, I kind of get why some people didn't like it because of her hair and all that but I actually thought it was pretty dope. nothing id hang on my wall or anything but i liked it.

-Coty is a pretty low rent parfum manufacturer that primarily serviced the output of cheap celebrity fragrances and not the good ones. They were usually involved with like...drug store brand crap. Its been a minute since ive really delved myself into the world of fragrances which I was once very obsessed with and still am to a certain extent but not as much, so I cant remember the exact celeb fragrances coty was involved with and im not saying they werent successful ones either, they just werent what I thought Gaga would want. I just feel like Gaga being Gaga should have partnered with a more high end manufacturer to create something of more intrigue and quality. I get that she wanted it to be affordable and I still think it could have been I mean Rihannas was taken seriously, it was interesting and still affordable and thats why its had such a successful shelf life. Its not that I dislike Fame. I thought as far as celebrity fragrances go it was at least one of the more interesting ones campaign and note wise, that being said it wasnt as good as it should have been. I dont think Coty is about honoring creativity, I think they're about money and being cheap. And I think Coty being Coty inherently cheapened her whole fragrance endeavor which of course we now know she wasn't even truly interested in in the first place.

-as for the shoot like idk. idk why vogue doesnt always present her as interesting as she is. there was actually nothing about the photoshoot that I liked sans the full on face/beauty shot that imo should have been the cover honestly:

img-lady-gaga-september-2012-4_170650847

Archived