Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

That one time I lost some respect for Adele

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Killa

Im very skeptical to whats truly genuine 

My big problem with adele is that her weapon to sell is how cute light hearted and genuine she is. And then her team uses this to market her. Its engrained in us how such a sweet heart she is.

I dont think declining your award is all that. Ofc the award is 30 hers and theres the rest of the people. Shes a team leader saying the other team has more merit. Its actually not that strange

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Breaking the Grammy in 2 and giving one part to Beyonce was cringe af :air:

meh, she has like 100 more 

we stan females supporting females

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Seeka

Main reason I will never do pop: This.

Awards are nothing but little gold paperweights we place too much importance on. 

I love moments like Adele's, or when... Green Day? dropped their pants live on air. Proof that they're people too, ya know?

Chickens in Malibu

Think of it this way, you grow up listening to Gaga. You become an artist. Gaga makes the album of her career. You're nominated in the same category with her. People expect her to win AoTY. You win over her. You seriously think that you won't say anything about Gaga when you unexpectedly win?

Give me a break, you'll most likely do lol! If you don't then you're probably not a true fan. She said she grew up listening to Beyoncé.

Sunny

I think that she did that mostly for the good promo it would've given her. Lemonade was blowing up (overrated but w/e) and there was (and still is) a lot of controversy of black people getting snubbed. By praising Beyonce, she would've gotten a lot of people on her side, which means new fans / more sales and probably avoided backlash. It could be out of genuine respect though, and I feel like it is a part of it. 

I like dancin', and ponies....

Glamourpuss
5 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Think of it this way, you grow up listening to Gaga. You become an artist. Gaga makes the album of her career. You're nominated in the same category with her. People expect her to win AoTY. You win over her. You seriously think that you won't say anything about Gaga when you unexpectedly win?

Give me a break, you'll most likely do lol! If you don't then you're probably not a true fan.

This scenario already came to my mind but I would act a bit more professional. 

Thomas P

I loved it, and that’s not just the bey Stan in me.

By doing this I actually think Adele got a lot more appreciation for 25. If she wouldn’t have the media would of got pitchforks out and torn a piece out of a pretty great album, but she saved herself and her art from criticism by doing this.

Lemonade imo and in the opinions of many others was THE album of the year, so people were gonna be understandably upset. 25 May have Monster sales but it didn’t do much after the first month or so. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Head Empty

Why is everyone being so serious and analytical about a simple light-hearted moment?

She just thought it would be a sweet thing to do, so she did it. She didn't hurt anyone with it - she shared a moment that was already great for her with an artist that she loves and respects.

If you ask me, these award shows are being taken way too seriously.

Infinity Wave

I totally agree.

The world acts like Lemomade is some kind of miracle, when in fact it's just a beatiful album, nothing more than many others, which Bey didn't even cooperate that much on :ohwell:

Colourful

Monsterish

It was a beautiful and humble speech, but the truth is Adele didn't deserve AOTY :triggered:

I'm not the biggest fan of Beyoncé and I think that she's overrated sometimes, but Lemonade was that visual album

Meanwhile, 25 felt like another 21 and 19. I remember that Adele said that she wanted to do an album experimenting with new sounds and producers, however she did the same album that she had done before :crossed:

Why did she win? 'Cause she sold millions of albums, nothing else

Is Adele guilty for winning? Obviously, no :rip: 

Anyway, Beyoncé was robbed that night and you don't need to be a mad Twitter Beyhive stan to recognize it 

Zaskar
2 minutes ago, Yvi Monster said:

It was a beautiful and humble speech, but the truth is Adele didn't deserve AOTY :triggered:

I'm not the biggest fan of Beyoncé and I think that she's overrated sometimes, but Lemonade was that visual album

Meanwhile, 25 felt like another 21 and 19. I remember that Adele said that she wanted to do an album experimenting with new sounds and producers, however she did the same album that she had done before :crossed:

Why did she win? 'Cause she sold millions of albums, nothing else

Is Adele guilty for winning? Obviously, no :rip: 

Anyway, Beyoncé was robbed that night and you don't need to be a mad Twitter Beyhive stan to recognize it 

Do visuals something to do with album's winning? There's separate department for visuals and rest of the categories are mostly for music, no?

So, wouldn't it be better to say that Lemonade was that album? Because musically it was. Visuals were just a complimentary treat, but the music was really great, empowering and AoTY deserving.

Also, 25 was lyrically very different from 21/19. Musically, eh, not so.

It was really hard between 25 and Lemonade, but they should've gone with Lemonade :crossed:

Monsterish
2 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

Do visuals something to do with album's winning? There's separate department for visuals and rest of the categories are mostly for music, no?

So, wouldn't it be better to say that Lemonade was that album? Because musically it was. Visuals were just a complimentary treat, but the music was really great, empowering and AoTY deserving.

Also, 25 was lyrically very different from 21/19. Musically, eh, not so.

It was really hard between 25 and Lemonade, but they should've gone with Lemonade :crossed:

Yes, visuals were a complimentary treat, but they helped to do a better album that 25, so yes, Beyoncé also deserved the AOTY for the extra work, imo

RAMROD

She is a BeyHive, a loyal one too.  Of course she feels a little bad for stepping on her idol. I find that relatable. Unlike that first gay man ever who won Oscars who only say he is a fan of Gaga only by the mouth but nil by actions.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Kimmo
46 minutes ago, Sunny said:

I think that she did that mostly for the good promo it would've given her. Lemonade was blowing up (overrated but w/e) and there was (and still is) a lot of controversy of black people getting snubbed. By praising Beyonce, she would've gotten a lot of people on her side, which means new fans / more sales and probably avoided backlash. It could be out of genuine respect though, and I feel like it is a part of it. 

Yes she also did it for the controversy like I said, I mean is album of the year of course there was going to be some backlash of some sort of Beyoncé wasn’t in some way crowned 

Hottie Detector

Archived