💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Travis Scott Addresses Amanda Lepore's Absence

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

Gov Hooka
11 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

This conversation between the two of you isn’t really going anywhere. Amanda seemed to be ok with it, so it’s all good. However, he’s still an a**hole for what he did to his queer fans in that concert. @elijahfan @SKANK

Amanda Lepore being okay with it doesn't mean that the issue is resolved. Even if she buys the reason that LaChapelle and Travis Scott gave for removing her from the photo, people can still question whether that reason is legitimate or not. It does seem a little dodgy and lol at people justifying LaChapelle's reasons for removing Amanda after a two second google search on photography 101. Given Travis Scott's history, I think it's still important to raise this issue and ensure that transphobia cannot be tolerated. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
6 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I listened. We just have different opinions on the photograph. Which is great. Diversity of opinion makes this site a richer place. :)

And yet accuse the people who have different opinions than yours to basically be Donald Trump... Maybe start by looking in the mirror if you think the thread was being polluted.

Gov Hooka
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

"Sometimes you have to toot your own horn. Because nobody else is going to do it...I went to an Ivy League school. I'm highly educated." - Donald Trump

The parallel's continue. :)

ahh an asshole's response

TheAlpha
16 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Amanda Lepore being okay with it doesn't mean that the issue is resolved. Even if she buys the reason that LaChapelle and Travis Scott gave for removing her from the photo, people can still question whether that reason is legitimate or not. It does seem a little dodgy and lol at people justifying LaChapelle's reasons for removing Amanda after a two second google search on photography 101. Given Travis Scott's history, I think it's still important to raise this issue and ensure that transphobia cannot be tolerated. 

You’re right. It doesn’t make it ok. However, I personally think that the cover art with Amanda on it, looks a little too crowded. Not that big of a deal tho. I just think she should’ve been positioned to the right of the picture. Where there’s already a lot going on, but, he’d have that empty space on the left which makes it look better. Or not have her on it at all. In my humble opinion. So I can understand why they removed her, IF that was the reason. 

You know this is just my opinion, right?

Inferno
On 8/4/2018 at 6:08 PM, Scathach said:

It's probably an hypocritical statement but a rapper saying he supports the lgbtq community is something important, I think.

Its not remotely important if his actions don't match his words.

Inferno
On 8/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, SKANK said:

David Lachapelle said he removed Amanda Lepore because she stole focus. Amanda Lepore said she was fine with being removed. Travis Scott confirms David Lachapelle's explanation, and sends a message of unanimous support to the entire LGBT community. But nope, this is still an act of transphobia.

Willingness to reject reason if reason conflates with your decided world view is a quality members of this site share with Trump supporters. :)

I mean if you want to believe everything they say then go ahead. I can't knock you for just taking the sources and letting it lay. But quite honestly its a bit of a joke to believe that Amanda stole focus as well as the fact that Travis Scott has gone on homophobic rants in the past. Is this something to condemn him for? Idk. I don't personally care or care about him in general actually. And I dont think id normally have any sort of opinion on this subject. That being said, I am however tired of the hypocrisy of self-righteous social moralists that condemn artists on social media on a daily basis but will turn around and support other artists (specifically poc urban artists) that should in literally every way be deemed by their logic to be problematic af and at times even more problematic than the artists they regularly express contempt for based on political morals. If that makes sense. I take more of an issue with that sort of hypocrisy than I do with a rapper removing a transgendered person from his album cover. I don't like how people blatantly cherry pick when to act noble and when to turn a blind eye. Like the people involved in discussing this topic annoy me more than the topic itself.

Archived