Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Bitch I'm Madonna ahead of it's time?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

When this first came out I thought it was a mess. :messga: The production was over the top and felt like it's trying too hard, like as if Madonna was trying to pander to the EDM crowd. I also thought that Madonna sounded really bad. 

But then fast forward to now, I actually kinda get it... I realise it's actually her attempt at PC music, which is actually getting more popular now here with acts like SOPHIE and Charli XCX. In fact SOPHIE was credited as a producer! And Madonna's vocals in the song were actually very typical of PC music which is high pitched and over-processed, hence I was not used to it back then. I wonder if fans and GP actually understood and appreciate it at the time? After all she's a pop artist and it was really unexpected for someone like her to experiment with such underground genres.

And knowing that Gaga is working with SOPHIE, if their collab's released the little madonsters would probably go after her since technically Madonna did it first... :messga:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

i mean the song is a bop but not ahead of its time :messga: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

DelusionalGaga

I can see this song working for somebody else but it just doesn't fit Madonna. And it's soo try-hard with the EDM sound, mumbled lyrics, I'm-a-bad bittch-attitude and all the celebrity cameos. This is an experiment gone wrong. :messga:

whore

I kind of agree. I hated the song when it first came out, but now it’s a bop. I wouldn’t credit the over-processed vocals to the style though when “Ghosttown” is on the same album :stalkga:

Taide

Why does that title seem like something, you'd see in ATRL. :air:

No, it's a messy and embarrassing song made by a pop star in her 50's trying to relate to youngsters. 

PunkTheFunk

Yes, music will suck more in the future than now so it was definitely ahead of its time

aaron l

I always thought the production was cute, but the lyrics bring it down hard. I don't think it was ahead of its time at all however.

River

Nope.. it's just a Diplo production gone wrong.. and I don't think Madonna even knows what is PC music..

Diplo is only ahead of his time when he works with M.I.A.. with others, he's just recycling his job..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

aaron l
7 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Nah. The outro sounds like farting.:air:

It actually really just sounds painful :messga: ouch

RahrahWitch

I don't think it's ahead of its time, No. Personally didn't like it then and don't like it now. 

That duct tape pulling outro :wtfga:

Archived