đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Change My Mind: Hey Girl is one of the best songs on Joanne

duckworth

Featured Posts

duckworth

I think that the Florence Welch collaboration is amazing and I don't understand the fan backlash. The critics are with me on this one, with them calling Hey Girl as one of the album's best songs.

https://i.imgur.com/Zp6FpPl.jpg

Prove me otherwise. Change my mind. Go

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
datlastfam

Sinner’s Prayer is the best song in Joanne followed by Hey Girl then Diamond Heart. The holy trinity :vegas:

FfFfFfFF

1) It's very simple instrumental-wise.
2) It paradoxally lacks Gaga's and Florence's epicness found on their other songs.

On top of that it channels an old/ retro sound which may not be everybody's cup of tea.
It's a good song but not as much of a standout.

SFDMQ

it's one of the best

Spoiler

but only after the other 12 songs excluding grigio girls

A Hybrid

Idk about hey girl but Grigio Girls is the only song I’ve heard in my life that could make me cry if I just let it all go...

No family’s safe when I sashay

baptism

It's a boring song with mediocre production that sounds like it belongs on an Elton John album, but not even a single, just filler. Also she didn't even bother performing it on tour (there's a reason for that), and really, can you blame her? 

Wet Fire

It's different from most of her songs. The tempo, the vocals, the production - everything is held back in a way to make it sound beautiful, which it does. I mean, it is a beautiful song, but is it worth being replayed and replayed more than all other songs on Joanne? I don't think so. And the vocals were a bit diappointing to me because two of the best vocalists did not explore their range the way I expected them two. So that is my personal problem with the song. Otherwise it is a beautiful song.

Crystalline

Agreed. I’ve never been a major fan of Joanne (don’t @ me, just my personal opinion lol) but Hey Girl is a highlight for sure. I think it is one of the most interesting songs on the album. Angel Down and Just Another Day would complete my trinity, with Hey Girl coming in third.

Gagadonna

I'll prove you wrong by saying it is not one of the best songs on Joanne, it is THE best song on it :excuseu:

Archived