6 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

It's actually a prediction because the Oscars didn't happen yet

well duh :poot:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk

Even if she doesn't win anything, being nominated for her debut lead role would give her so much credibility in the acting world and open many new opportunities for her.

1 hour ago, tomsches said:

It hasn't even been released yet 🙄

Didn't you read the reasoning? It was screened and received rapturous reception

Reality

It's so nice to see all the love and support that the film is getting! Honestly, I'd just be happy with nominations, if she wins something, I'd be ecstatic! 

🃏🖤👹

Lextyr97

It's so unusual seeing Gaga get praise from critics. For the love of God, let this continue upon release :giveup:

nikola

Slaaay mama

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

avalon x

Even if the movie is bad (which i'm not saying that it is) we need to remember that hype is EVERYTHING these days!

I mean.. just look at Suicide Squad. :lolly: 

I'm just so glad that instead of people going "Ugh, Lady Gaga's in that movie? I'm not watching that." it's getting all this oscar buzz. I hope there will be tons more hype from the gp before the movie releases especially if there is soundtrack that's released. :sara: 

Guest Adarsh
2 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

Even if the movie is bad (which i'm not saying that it is) we need to remember that hype is EVERYTHING these days!

I mean.. just look at Suicide Squad. :lolly: 

I'm just so glad that instead of people going "Ugh, Lady Gaga's in that movie? I'm not watching that." it's getting all this oscar buzz. I hope there will be tons more hype from the gp before the movie releases especially if there is soundtrack that's released. :sara: 

I had forgotten that even Suicide Squad won an Oscar :diane:

Spoiler

For best makeup :poot:

S0436

It isn’t hype from PR, it is hype from actual movie critics, some of which have already seen it

Doncho
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

I just need to live in a universe where Lady Gaga is an Academy-Award nominated actress.

Thissss! I just want her to be nominated, even if she doesnt win

Aga Gydal

This pre-hype reminds me a lot of some other early Oscar contenders that ended up underperforming with critics because the bar was set too high. I hope that isn’t the case with this one, I’d prefer critics to be pleasantly surprised than for it to fizzle out because critics went in expecting something Oscar worthy. I can’t imagine this exceeding expectations now, so that has me a little concerned. 

I can’t let that spoil the fun though. This is GAGA, in a MOVIE. Not some pop star cameo, but a major lead role. So crazy. 

I'm way too hyped, I even downloaded a countdown app. There are 36 days to go until the first official VFF reviews, and 45+ days until TIFF reviews. :laughga:

Archived