💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"ASIB came out so well" - per TIFF's artistic director.

asana15

Featured Posts

HitTheBoat

Another Bailey quote (source: indiewire)
"Bradley and Lady Gaga are obviously great, but there are a number of terrific supporting performances as well.”

This guy must be exhausted. He had a full-on press day.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
12 hours ago, Panchecco said:

giphy.gif

I'm happy to be proven wrong but at most I can see it winning Best Original Song. A Best Actress nomination would be extremely honourable in itself but I wouldn't expect a win.

TheSlash

All this praise coming in for ASIB :diane: . We stan a multi-talented queen :tony: . I can't :giveup: 

Ew, David!

anthonyv

Let me make some corrections:

The 1976 "A Star is Born" was in no way shape or form "a flop". Yes, The production was chaotic and the reviews were dismissive (it went on to win 4 Golden Globes).

The film, however, grossed $80 million at the U.S. box office making it the 3rd highest grossing picture of 1976. $80 million in 2018 dollars would be somewhere around $250 million today. The third highest grossing film film of 2017 was "Wonder Woman" - this should give you an idea of the cultural impact " A Star is Born" had in 1976.

It should also be noted that the foreign grosses were enormous (upwards of $50 million dollars) and the film cost $8 million to make...meaning all it needed was a gross of $25 million to be considered a success and make back its cost.

The soundtrack was enormously popular and of course "Evergreen" , as stated before,  was the "I will always love you" of the 1970's...number one for weeks and weeks and awarded every known award imaginable.

Panchecco
4 hours ago, Bradley said:

I'm happy to be proven wrong but at most I can see it winning Best Original Song. A Best Actress nomination would be extremely honourable in itself but I wouldn't expect a win.

I'm 100% confident they'll win at least one

I'm ok with Best Original Song :classy:

Archived