Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB set to premiere at Venice Film Festival

Madam Margolyes

Featured Posts

Slovakialop
2 minutes ago, Levine said:

Why out of competition tho? :/

Because ASIB isn't nominated for any award (as you can imagine).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teal Ambition

Now they need to announce the TIFF premiere :giveup: 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

9 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

I mean she MUST 💀

If yes, it’ll be the first time she’ll pose with a Bradley on a carpet, this is all I’ve wanted since the trailer dropped! The one thing that surprised me the most is how insane and wonderful their chemistry is 😭 🙌

S0436

Why is this dragging on so much? This Venice premiere is in like 5 weeks time and then after that there is ANOTHER 5 weeks until it actually comes out.

Max Vandeburg

Gaga NEEDS to be at this festival if she wants a proper Oscars campaign. She's the star of the movie, and usually actors take part in the event and do several interviews...

That place will be full of critics and journalists from around the world. I think it's great for her to be seen and to win their sympathy. 

SlayGagaloo
28 minutes ago, Slovakialop said:

Because ASIB isn't nominated for any award (as you can imagine).

Why?  :interestinga:

Over.

Madam Margolyes
11 minutes ago, S0436 said:

Why is this dragging on so much? This Venice premiere is in like 5 weeks time and then after that there is ANOTHER 5 weeks until it actually comes out.

It’s the way it’s always been for these Oscar-baity films. Prestigious film festivals such as venice, toronto, or telluride have been the vehicle to create Oscar buzz for years now. Also they have tons of media coverage, so if the reviews are very good, they can sustain the buzz until it finally comes out.

The Z
1 hour ago, Edible Cloud said:

"A Star is Born features original songs performed live on-camera by Cooper and Gaga, who wrote a number of tracks together and in collaboration with such musical artists as Lukas Nelson, Jason Isbell and Mark Ronson."

Wow... This information is totally new for me. Bradley Cooper wants to be nominated for the musical categories ?! He sings on all songs on the trailer #1, co-wrote the songs, sing live. and he is, I believe, totally ready for the nominations.

He actually doesn't sing in Shallow, he just does background vocals for one line or two in the movie

Madam Margolyes
50 minutes ago, Levine said:

Film festivals have several competition criteria, and “out of competition” basically means that the film doesnt fit these requirements, but still ‘competition-worthy’ so they screen it anyway

freebit
1 hour ago, Levine said:

According to Awards forums it’s strategic because it cuts down and on pressure, and usually prevents the snobbier film critics - who screen all in-competition films- from scrutinizing it. Spotlight was apparently screened OOC at Venice and it went on to win Best Picture. Not saying ASIB will, but just that it’s not a bad omen. Seeing that it’s already been described as “well done Nicholas Sparks” it’s unlikely to be taken too seriously by stans of ~important cinema~, so I think OOC is definitely a wise move.

mister max
1 hour ago, S0436 said:

this is a HUGE movie festival tho

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Archived