💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What are you reading?

Bloody Mary

Featured Posts

Omegahedron
3 hours ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

Dune- I started reading in the summer but I got bored pretty fast after seeing the movie though it renewed my interest

I read that last year. What did you think? I enjoyed it. Probably won't read the rest of the series. It did make me wonder why they cut the film off where they did. It's also so so much about everyone's internal thought processes that I do see where people come from when they call it unfilmable. What happened to the feast scene early in the book?!?!

Myself, I have three on the go (although I am an extremely slow reader and should probably just focus my efforts!): Istanbul by Bettany Hughes; Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo; Under The Skin by Michael Faber.

• Love 1

hereforstemslol

learning the piano so alfred's piano course lvl.1

i could've used a pdf for free like im doing rn while waiting for the physical to arrive. 20 dollar shipping for a $10 book is yikes. now that i think about it, i might cancel the order before it ships :crossed:

Edited by hereforstemslol

Mother of Puppies

So many cool books y'all r reading!

I'm thinking about buying a new book to read for my upcoming holiday (although I still have a ton of books here at home that I haven't read yet)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹
  • Love 3

Princess95DIE

Stranger from a strange land by Robert E.Heinlein. It's about a human raised on Mars who comes to Earth and deals with feelings related to sex, friendship, death, religion, money etc. I'm not into science fiction but I love this one sm.

~I wanna go hang out with that horse later~

janetjackson
On 2/9/2022 at 10:56 PM, WheresMy911Alice said:

Is this more based on DNA or environment or trauma or what?

Neither.

I haven't finished it yet, but from what I have read it's about understanding power of emotional states as measured by muscle contractions. A scientific measurement of how our intention, state of mind, and also what we consume (music, film, etc.) can impact our personal and collective power. One very clear example would be if someone acts from a place of malice or fear it is exponentially less powerful than someone acting from a place of courage, joy or, supposedly at the pinnacle, enlightenment. 

As someone who sees the necessity of power redistribution in this world (away from the hands of a few bad actors with a scarcity mindset who are destroying lives and the planet as a whole, and towards autonomy, cooperation, collectivism) I thought this would be an important jumping off point for trying to make real change in this world.

It's sort of like how we will never "win" by playing by their rules -- playing dirty, violence, etc. We will win by rescinding our belief in their power, first and foremost, and then by acting with an open heart. Violence, judgement, hate -- that's their game. Let's not waste any more of our time by going there.

• Shook 1

TheSlash

I recently finished "Supernova" by Cixin Liu. Now I want to start his "Three Suns" trilogy, but I have yet to find the motivation to do so :selena:

Ew, David!

• 1 month later...
bionic

I received a copy of this book that my friend sent me. Apparently its really good and unusual so I've been looking for a copy for months. has anybody read it?

house-of-leaves-mark-z-danielewski-97803

buy bionic

Daenerys

I’ve been reading the entire Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I’m on book 5 and holy hell I regret not getting into them sooner. They’re so good and imaginative! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Like 1