đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Why are male artists streamed much more than females in the USA?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk
Just now, ARTPOP GAGA said:

The Chainsmokers are pure pop and they slay hard. Ed Sheeran is also pop/ pop ballad and he also slays hard.

The Chainfloppers are more EDM/future bass than pop. Ed Sheeran's sound is also more acoustic (and apparently more "down to earth/relatable" according to the straights :messga:) so he gets away with it.

When I say pure pop I mean Poker Face, California Gurls, Tik Tok, Call Me Maybe, etc.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chamaquito
5 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

That's sad for pop music fans like me.  are you from the US?   Can you tell me if the myth  ''pop music is gay'' is true or not? (in your country of course)

I live in the US. And yes, I do think there’s some truth to people (specially straight dudes) thinking that listening to pop is gay. Just recently, there was a teenage boy on twitter talking about how in school he’s being bullied by this guy because he listens to Ariana Grande. Calling him gay and stuff.

I’m actually nice.

ARTPOP GAGA
4 minutes ago, PatrickMonster said:

its me, thx its an old pic tho :D

you're very handsome !!!  On topic: I agree with what you said. Straight men who listen to pop music or female artists are called ''gay'' by their male friends. That thing doesn't happen in my country but does it happen in Hungary?

The Z

Taylor did not hit #1 with everything she released... She scored ONE #1 and she scored it because of the hype, the because of the song itself, which was a flop. :) 

ARTPOP GAGA
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Taylor did not hit #1 with everything she released... She scored ONE #1 and she scored it because of the hype, the because of the song itself, which was a flop. :) 

LWYMMD isn't a flop, it's just frontloaded. A flop is something like ''Make me'' by Britney Spears. 

And I mean Taylor can debut #1 in the US with any NEW song of her (because of her starpower in the US)

The Z
20 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Idk why it's happening but Rihanna got #1 with Drake's feature :poot: Britney is past her heyday, Gaga hasn't exactly put out GP-friendly music since her last #1, and Katy also put out a pretty uh, experimental :poot:  album, so..... 

Judas, The Edge Of Glory, Applause, Do What U Want, Million Reasons, The Cure... :huntyga:

All are kind of radio frendly, at least way more than Born This Way...

The Z
1 minute ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

LWYMMD isn't a flop, it's just frontloaded. A flop is something like ''Make me'' by Britney Spears. 

And I mean Taylor can debut #1 in the US with any NEW song of her (because of her starpower in the US)

True, LWYMMD is nowhere near Perfect Illusion in terms of flop, but I meant that despite slaying the charts, it was not a smash :) 

Also, I don't think Taylor will score a #1 again. The hype was here last year because of the success of 1989, her next one will be her ARTPOP

The Z
4 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

Gaga last's #1 was in February 2011....

I think we can also call Million Reasons a #1 hit single. I mean, it was the best selling song that week so...

You have your answer: sales don't matter as much as they did before, since streams count as sales. SO, females sell, males get streamed. And we know who wins the battle :saladga:

ARTPOP GAGA
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

True, LWYMMD is nowhere near Perfect Illusion in terms of flop, but I meant that despite slaying the charts, it was not a smash :) 

Also, I don't think Taylor will score a #1 again. The hype was here last year because of the success of 1989, her next one will be her ARTPOP

Are you from France? Taylor is irrelevant in France actually. If you come to America, Taylor is.....

Spoiler

Ok I still respect your opinion :D

Gaga Lazuli
2 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

I think we cann also call Million Reasons a #1 hit single. I mean, it was the best selling song that week so...

You have your answer: sales don't matter as much as they did before, since streams count as sales. SO, females sell, males get streamed. And we know who wins the battle :saladga:

This! You have all these trap trash songs being 6x platinum but havent even crossed the 1x in pure sales. Its a joke. 

Little Monsters Torture Me

ARTPOP GAGA

As Beyonce has become an album-oriented artist. With this scenario, we won't have another #1 Hot 100 by female until Rihanna releases lead single of R9.

ARTPOP GAGA
1 minute ago, LGQOP said:

This! You have all these trap trash songs being 6x platinum but havent even crossed the 1x in pure sales. Its a joke. 

Why are males streamed much more than females?

15 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Judas, The Edge Of Glory, Applause, Do What U Want, Million Reasons, The Cure... :huntyga:

All are kind of radio frendly, at least way more than Born This Way...

But like most of those did pretty well apart from The Cure which is just an example of trap's effect on the charts :saladga:

Archived