💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye Paid $85k For Whitney’s Drug-Covered Bathroom On Pusha T Album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

DelusionalGaga

People who call this art are delusional tbh. This is not thought-provoking. This won't strike a conversation about drug use and/or toxic celebrity culture. The only purpose this cover has is to cause controversy and to boost Kanye' ego after many people will call him a genius. He's just making headlines for himself at the expense of Pusha T's music and Whitney's legacy. Just like his support for Trump this has no real substance and lives off the shock value. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misunderstood
6 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

People who call this art are delusional tbh. This is not thought-provoking. This won't strike a conversation about drug use and/or toxic celebrity culture. The only purpose this cover has is to cause controversy and to boost Kanye' ego after many people will call him a genius. He's just making headlines for himself at the expense of Pusha T's music and Whitney's legacy. Just like his support for Trump this has no real substance and lives off the shock value. 

Or some people just view things differently than you...just a thought?

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

DelusionalGaga
10 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Or some people just view things differently than you...just a thought?

There are other people in this thread calling us racist and tone-deaf for "not understanding" Kanye's art but suddenly "delusional" is too far? So excuse me if I don't care. 

misunderstood
Just now, DelusionalGaga said:

Maybe. But there are other people in this thread calling us racist and tone-deaf for "not understanding" Kanye's art but suddenly "delusional  is too far? So excuse me if I don't care. 

I disagree with the ones calling people racist...that's reaching :air: Just cause someone doesn't like a decision from a black artist it doesn't make them racist :rip:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

SKANK
1 hour ago, skaxboy said:

The photograph has been around for a decade. If the photograph had any potential to be beautiful, would it not already have received that acclaim? 

When you appropriate an image in graphic design for the purposes of a book cover, album cover, poster, etc. you are putting the image into a new context, with the new context it can derive new meaning. So this original photograph may only have a voyeuristic value, but the song it has become the visual representation of may lift it up into something more. Like Warhol and his soup cans, or Duchamp's and his urinal. "It's the artists choice, he chooses what art is." - Duchamp.

1 hour ago, sethrb101 said:

Princess Die is not tasteless at all in my opinion. Sure, at first glance it could read that way, but nowhere nearrrrr this album cover. If anything it’s a homage and tribute to how tragic Princess Di’s life was. The use of her name is intentional and meant to provoke emotion but it’s not harmful. 

I wouldn't say the song itself is tasteless, but the title sure is.

Ryusei

Lorde: unknowingly makes a reference to whitney‘s death —> gets bashed

kanye: knowingly uses a picture of something that caused whitney‘s death and is actually her bathroom —> ITS ART HE‘S MAKING A STATEMENT HES A GENIUSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing please... just more controversial **** to get in the news thats the only way he seems to get hype for his projects anymore. Apparently his fanboys arent enough for him or he cant do actual promo.

Musery

Eighteen

this is gross. take a picture of kanye's d*ck and balls and use that as the album cover. the f*ck?

zakariah

To me, this isn't art, and I think it's disrespectful to Whitney, but to each their own.

RudraCNG

Imo paying 85Kfor using a disrespecful image is just going too far.

AlexanderMagno

Lol I don't find this disrespectful at all. It is a photo. And it's a VERY powerful photo. If it was a photo of children in war, it would be extremely praised for acknowledging the real problems in the world. Just because it's Whitney, you are disgusted? It's a photo of the site where a lady that suffered from the fame, the broken relationship, the talent and the drugs died. It's incredibly powerful and meaningful. There are way worse things in like, stop the judgement.

MaryJaneHolland
11 hours ago, PartySick said:

Kind of f*cked but art is art I guess. Here's hoping he's tasteful with any references to Whitney.

Art? This is pretentiousness :rip: Just let the woman rest in peace :rip:

I wonder how edgy and cool he think he is :rip:

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Lol I don't find this disrespectful at all. It is a photo. And it's a VERY powerful photo. If it was a photo of children in war, it would be extremely praised for acknowledging the real problems in the world. Just because it's Whitney, you are disgusted? It's a photo of the site where a lady that suffered from the fame, the broken relationship, the talent and the drugs died. It's incredibly powerful and meaningful. There are way worse things in like, stop the judgement.

Pretty sure they could've represented that in a different way :huntyga:

Mr S

He should use a picture of the operating table his mom died on. Now that's art!

lairofhk

Paying $85k for it makes it even grosser to me. Also, apparently Pusha T isn't allowed to choose the cover art for his OWN album? Kanye's controlling that too? Kanye should not be in charge of that, and Pusha T as the artist shouldve pushed back. 

Archived