💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye Paid $85k For Whitney’s Drug-Covered Bathroom On Pusha T Album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I'm disgusted by it and i still don't understand why this isn't getting more press. Imagine if Bobby Kristina was still here and what this could've done to her? 

The disrespect. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere

Why not put $85,000 into making an original album cover instead of using someone else’s dirty laundry?? :saladga:

SKANK
1 hour ago, freebit said:

That would have been too literal and tasteless IMO. Gaga's audience would (rightfully) not be as lenient as Pusha T's, and her most ardent critics at the time (gay middle aged white men working for publications like the NYT) wouldn't have let her get away with it, or been ~thoughtful~ enough to be anything but dismissive. Pusha T's audience is mostly young men who are just a bunch of edgelords and think it's cool. Male rappers just get away with far more at this point in time. Even white crap ones like Post Malone.

I don't think an artist who wrote a song called Princess Die is afraid of creating art that is too literal or tasteless, thankfully.

freebit
6 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I don't think an artist who wrote a song called Princess Die is afraid of creating art that is too literal or tasteless, thankfully.

You made some points, but that was also never released.

GhettoFabulous

This is disgusting and sad on so many levels. The even more sad part is that his fans don’t see anything wrong with this whatsoever. 

SissyFromSpace
3 hours ago, SKANK said:

I love it, and wish Gaga was creating equally challenging and noteworthy art. This album cover would have been perfect for The Fame Monster.

Those days of Gaga are gone 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

SKANK
10 minutes ago, freebit said:

You made some points, but that was also never released.

She performed the song in front of thousands of people every night during a sold out world tour, so for all intensive purposes it was released.

Just now, Lance said:

Those days of Gaga are gone 

I hope not. It was only one "era" ago that she was tastelessly recreating the Monica Lewinksy scandal on the American Music Award stage with R. Kelly. Talk about offensive art.

I could do with a little more tastelessness and little less earnestness. :)

freebit
14 minutes ago, SKANK said:

She performed the song in front of thousands of people every night during a sold out world tour, so for all intensive purposes it was released.

I hope not. It was only one "era" ago that she was tastelessly recreating the Monica Lewinksy scandal on the American Music Award stage with R. Kelly. Talk about offensive art.

I could do with a little more tastelessness and little less earnestness. :)

I never understand where you're coming from when you talk about wanting her to do these kinds of outrageous stunts. :air:  I mean, I was a Kanye fan for years, and I did have some opinions on DWUW, but if she were to do what you want her to....her career would be Brooke Candy-level. :smh:

I can't believe she kind of skated by after that performance. :ph34r: When I look back at that mini era, that was nuts. At the family friendly AMAs too. :deadbanana:  Like...WHY. 

Anyway, OT: I just read that Whitney's cousin is not for this album cover, so this is just causing more distress for her family. Even if in the name of art, I just don't think its worth it.

SKANK
13 minutes ago, freebit said:

I never understand where you're coming from when you talk about wanting her to do these kinds of outrageous stunts. :air:  I mean, I was a Kanye fan for years, and I did have some opinions on DWUW, but if she were to do what you want her to....her career would be Brooke Candy-level. :smh:

I can't believe she kind of skated by after that performance. :ph34r: When I look back at that mini era, that was nuts. At the family friendly AMAs too. :deadbanana:  Like...WHY. 

Anyway, OT: I just read that Whitney's cousin is not for this album cover, so this is just causing more distress for her family. Even if in the name of art, I just don't think its worth it.

I remember seeing Andres Serrano's photograph Piss Christ when I was a kid and thinking it was so beautiful. Similarly, I think this album cover has the potential to be beautiful.

If something is offensive that just means it has caused someone to be hurt or upset, which I don't think is a bad thing, when it comes to art.

skaxboy
8 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I remember seeing Andres Serrano's photograph Piss Christ when I was a kid and thinking it was so beautiful. Similarly, I think this album cover has the potential to be beautiful.

If something is offensive that just means it has caused someone to be hurt or upset, which I don't think is a bad thing, when it comes to art.

The photograph has been around for a decade. If the photograph had any potential to be beautiful, would it not already have received that acclaim? 

sethrb101

Like others have said, I’m aware of the implications and reasons surrounding this choice (based on seeing what others have said about his lyrical content), but this is still horribly distasteful imo. Imagine her family right now. 

#Gaga2020

sethrb101
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

Princess Die is not tasteless at all in my opinion. Sure, at first glance it could read that way, but nowhere nearrrrr this album cover. If anything it’s a homage and tribute to how tragic Princess Di’s life was. The use of her name is intentional and meant to provoke emotion but it’s not harmful. 

#Gaga2020

Villanelle

People need to cut all this crap about "this is art".

How the bloody hell is that art? It's a crime scene ffs.

Reginald

I can't deny the artistic integrity.. Hmm... My moral compass is spinning. Maybe that was the intention. 

misunderstood
8 minutes ago, Gaga2017 said:

People need to cut all this crap about "this is art".

How the bloody hell is that art? It's a crime scene ffs.

I remember when Demi Lovato said Gaga was glamorizing eating disorders because of this she also said "It's not cool or artsy at all":

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:88968?quality=0.8&

https://www.billboard.com/articles/events/sxsw/5937556/demi-lovato-lady-gagas-sxsw-performance-is-glamorizing-eating-disorders

:oprah: Would you say the same for this? Even if it isn't a crime scene like the Whitney photo?

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived