Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Angel Down

A Very Gaga Holida

Featured Posts

A Very Gaga Holida

As you know it, Gaga wrote Angel Down about Trayvon Martin, but Gaga's songs never only have ONE meaning. I guess many of you already thought about it, or maybe this is a reach but I'm wandering if the song isn't also about Lady Gaga Fame/ARTPOP? Tell me what you think :) 

SKKe.gif

Edonis

No, she explicitly stated that the song is about Trayvon Martin. Let’s try to maintain that meaning to the respective individual. 

A Very Gaga Holida
4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

No, she explicitly stated that the song is about Trayvon Martin. Let’s try to maintain that meaning to the respective individual. 

She said it but it doesn't mean it doesn't have another meaning... Gaga didn't say anything explicit in the song so...

Edonis
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

She said it but it doesn't mean it doesn't have another meaning... Gaga didn't say anything explicit in the song so...

She didn’t mention her grandfather by name and yet it’s universally known that The Edge of Glory is about him, so I don’t see why Angel Down wouldn’t be treated with the same trust and respect? 

You’re of course free to interpret it how you will, but that is Gaga’s official explanation of the song and I think that meaning should at least be maintained. 

A Very Gaga Holida
Just now, Edonis said:

She didn’t mention her grandfather by name and yet it’s universally known that The Edge of Glory is about him, so I don’t see why Angel Down wouldn’t be treated with the same trust and respect? 

You’re of course free to interpret it how you will, but that is Gaga’s official explanation of the song and I think that meaning should at least be maintained. 

Let's not say that The Edge of Glory isn't also about her carreer though

I agree with you abut some points but after all having another meaning doesn't mean that the first meaning isn't maintained. But it's just my opinion after all :) 

Edonis
2 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Let's not say that The Edge of Glory isn't also about her carreer though

I agree with you abut some points but after all having another meaning doesn't mean that the first meaning isn't maintained. But it's just my opinion after all :) 

I mean it’s true that both songs can be interpreted how you will, but again, let’s appreciate the original meaning as well, which is the heartfelt and powerful song that is Angel Down :wub:

A Very Gaga Holida
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I mean it’s true that both songs can be interpreted how you will, but again, let’s appreciate the original meaning as well, which is the heartfelt and powerful song that is Angel Down :wub:

Of course I do LOVE them, but I try to understand Gaga as much as I can in the words she wrote, I want to know how she feels and everything :O

JohnnyVersace
13 minutes ago, Edonis said:

But at its core, TEOG is a love song about cherishing life and your loved ones. It was inspired by her grandfather, yes, but it's not solely about him. 

Like the op stated, most of her songs have multiple meanings and references. And generally when a song is inspired by a person or a topic, she relates it back to her own life, or her emotions. With Angel Down, Trayvon inspired her to write a song about the state of the world, and her own perspective and emotions relating to it. She could see herself as an "Angel Down," just as Trayvon was. Gaga's all about relating pop culture references (or world news topics) to her own life. 

I don't see that as disrespectful or lacking trust. 

Oriane

No, at this point of her career, and with this album in particular, it would have felt out of place. ARTPOP would have been the perfect album for a song with a meaning like this but here, the message is clear, there's no ambiguity. It's not about Lady Gaga, the famous artist struggling with the music industry, it's about larger problems.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived