Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

At what point did gaga...

Pop Music

Featured Posts

SamJ
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the people who track her chart figures etc usually point to Alejandro as the beginning of the end since it didn't just happen over night

whilst she was still popular BTW the song was a risk (that succeeded very well) however following that up with Judas was just a bad idea and throwing on top the easter controversy was basically whacking the nails into the coffin with a sledge hammer

then in 2012 the media started to turn and she would get really messy on twitter and ultimately, the blackout from her hip surgery came and nobody was sympathetic about it and the media was in full force anti-gaga so troy took the cowards route out and abandoned ship

thankfully, bobby has undone the worst of troy's damage and the only thing he really needs to do now is get gaga a real hit. whilst MR was heavily promoted and considered a mild hit, the Joanne era promo was mainly US based so she's basically spent the past couple of years rebranding on one of the biggest music markets but depending on their aims, their focus ought to be WW now and boosting her streaming numbers because whilst people do like her again, not enough are streaming for her to be on the same level as her peers

edit: also TFM/BTW/ARTPOP were badly managed eras, TF was fine until they killed off Paparazzi and Joanne was thankfully mostly drama free but they still did a single switch :neyde: 

What??? the gp love alejandro. Alejandro was in the uk chart for like half a year. It is a classic summer bop, and was cool at the time, very suited to radio its one of her best hits tbh. dont come for ha

SHALLOW
Just now, Inferno said:

Originally people did blame BTW, its just that a lot of people hopped off this forum over the years lol

They should’ve checked the facts

ryanripley
Just now, UK Monster said:

What??? the gp love alejandro. Alejandro was in the uk chart for like half a year. It is a classic summer bop, and was cool at the time, very suited to radio its one of her best hits tbh. dont come for ha

it was the video that started it off, it was very extreme at the time and did turn people off lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Inferno
2 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

There was a lot of controversy regarding its music video, although that controversy is largely forgotten imo. But at the time it was a topic point and the song didn't smash as hard as one would assume it would have. Her peers were even commenting on it *cough* Katy Perry, who dissed her essentially. Its backlash was more of a foreshadowing of what was to come than anything that directly affected her career at the time imo.

SamJ
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it was the video that started it off, it was very extreme at the time and did turn people off lol

But i think the gp liked alejandro the song. it was mostly pop fans that were bigging up the controversy for the video. For the third single from tfm it did really well and because its so catchy it didnt need as much airplay as her other songs for it to become iconic. 

ryanripley
Just now, UK Monster said:

But i think the gp liked alejandro the song. it was mostly pop fans that were bigging up the controversy for the video. For the third single from tfm it did really well and because its so catchy it didnt need as much airplay as her other songs for it to become iconic. 

well that's why i said it started the ball rolling, it wasn't career ending but it was the beginning of people thinking "okay.... this is too much....", the song was a success and so was BTW after it but swallowing a rosary and then going really gay and then pushing religion's buttons with Judas one after the other just built up and up and the result was the ARTPOP era

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SamJ
42 minutes ago, reversewarhol said:

Judas being a single was where she slightly went downhill, so we have interscope to thank for that :trollga: Most of America is religious and she started to lose interest from US radio. If any other song was released as the second single, preferably Marry The Night, the era would have been more successful (Marry The Night had the potential to be huge, it flopped cause overexposure). So yes Judas being a single was the downfall, nothing else. But every artist's career will have ups and downs, and this is one of them for Gaga. People who say she's "over" just cause of a slight downfall in 2011 are soarly wrong

I agree MTN had potential, I think MTN should have been the lead single for the album. I agree about Judas, it definitely wasnt a safe choice and some of the public despised it. However i became a fan when Judas was released, I remember being in the car and hearing Juda Juda ah ah Juda Juda ah ah Juda Juda ah ah Juda gaga and i was like omg, only this woman could get a song this controversial on the radio. I was blown away, her level of fame was immense and it just felt so outrageous to me at the time that it started me off on a gaga marathon and from then on ive been a fan. so im glad judas was a single because it made me a fan. 

TheRoof
3 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

of course Alejandro was a hit (for many reasons) but the music video really let a bad taste in gp's mouth at that time , the illuminati rumors blow up ,etc . then BTW and Judas made the public tired of her (that's why TEOG wasn't as huge as it should have been).

Drin Lon

BTW could have been bigger but it still did amazing. It was controversial tho, so she should have release more poppier music (like ARTPOP) in 2012/early 2013, not late 2013... by that time some of it sounded dated and she just hadn't been around enough for the gp to give her a warm welcome back. But this messy schedule was also because of her hip injury, so I'd say she lost the GP attention when she lost her belief in her management, some of the early ARTPOP concepts, and part of her dancing capabilities, so when she broke her hip.

Archived