Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is Gaga still hungry for success?

Jaume

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

Let me just make a call.

Uh-uh...she's screening her calls, but her agent says she's not hungry like...starving? Like, she hasn't got the munchies for success? She's not *that* desperate. But she wants to be successful enough so she can keep on doing big tours and stuff and not like, GOD FORBID, something like dive bars!

So yeah, she's in a good space right now and long to see you and long for you to see her movie, because she like poured her soul into that. Yeah. The movie. So good.

Paws up! 

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

bloody g

Of course she does, she was born for it. Is Interescope hungry for success though? That's another topic... :reductive:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Jaume
52 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

some part of me believes she doesn't really care where the song charts as long as the lead single doesn't bomb horribly, or if the era doesn't end up being an ARTPOP 2.0

but then you have to remember she lives a very expensive lifestyle, so she has to make a decent amount of money somewhere so i also like to think she has perfected the balance of enjoying her work but creating a product that sells well

she promoted MR really heavily (poor PI) so she'll promote if she wants also she tends to invest in business ventures other than music which ya'll seem to call her a hypocrite for even though it's just ya'lls fault for misunderstanding her

She is rich enough to live off all the money she has earned these years I think.

That J
46 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I just want her to have a normal era for once where everything goes right and no changing singles or some other mess like that. 

I said that for Joanne too. Fingers crossed. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Jaume said:

She is rich enough to live off all the money she has earned these years I think.

but more money means more clothes :tony: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

dit

As much as ppl will prob deny it I feel like she does still crave commercial success and also critic validation. It's so obvious. I just think she purposely knew she wasn't going to get it on a massive scale with the Joanne era so she made decisions that were not centered around commercial success. But in general, when/if she goes back to a more "current" sounding sound with her next album she will deff try her hand at pursuing commercial success. That's my take on it.

Poissonche

I think she wants success, but that she just hopes the music she makes will be successful; she won't try to make successful music.

Monsterish

Not at all, I mean she tries, but not that much as she did early in her career :sleep:

Jade Welling

Okay this is a bit of a contraversal point of view. I believe that most of Gaga's problems with albums and success etc is centred on the sexual abuse she suffered while working on "the fame". The rising character of lady gaga seems to have been a creation on her part to cope with the trauma. I am of course talking about the fame monster era gaga. She has mentioned this in a Howard stern interview. She said in an interview with the same guy that she doesn't want people to think that every amazing thing she ever did was boiled down to one "dickhead" that did that to her. That statement is pretty telling and should be payed attention to. It seems to suggest that it's something that really bothers her deeply and that her most famous era was indeed a result of this trauma. This would surely create a lot of problems for Gaga's mental well-being as it's almost like saying recovery is a bad thing and she can't be loved as much for being herself and being free because she was most loved (by gp not necessarily us) at her most unstable. She literally created another entire being in response to a trauma. The gaga that we have grown so attached to is a living piece of art and one we have admired and loved. But a character none the less. She said that during this time she couldn't ever let go of the character she had created. She couldn't relax, take off the outfits or just be herself because she felt stronger being lady gaga. I think she definately wants success but she also has a desperate need to create something that comes from something healing within her. She wants to prove that she can be successful and create something beautiful without having to credit something so dark (crediting a rapist for example). We have seen her trying to do this with her records after the fame monster. In essence she wants to be totally responsible for her success. I think it would be a great shame if she never again attained the success of the past. I think it's evident from albums that she is still suffering the conflicts these situations represent. I haven't got enough time to write everything down (I could probably write a detailed essay on this woman) obviously their are other traumas and things like people she worked with and all that jazz but I can't talk about every single one! 

Taylorrgh
2 hours ago, Jaume said:

I think this is one of the keys of LG6: wether she will go mainstream again or doesn't care anymore and will look for a more experimental sound.

Sometimes I think she is done with chart success and she doesn't give a f*ck, she wants to create art.

Sometimes I do think she has her ego and pride and wants to make history again.

I mean this is her career on the line so, I never really understood when some say "she doesn't care about the charts" lol of course she does it' s part of her career. besides she would have never released "the cure" if this wasn't the case

Space Cowboy
3 hours ago, Inferno said:

I think shes been burned by the industry and the fame.

I think your partially right

Shadow

Maybe she is hungry for more substance... 

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

Taide

I hope she’s not. I don’t want quick little singles Á la Rihanna. I’d rather want her to focus on the overall sound of the album and the visuals. Imagine is she does visual album Á la BEYONCÉ.

Plus album sales are much more impressive than single sales.

Archived