Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB trailer shown @ CinemaCon

monsterdino

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
6 hours ago, Funkymonkey said:

Tbh I'm stell telling myzelf not to get too hyped.

They also praised her at the AHS Hotel premiere, and in the end she was good but not GREAT. (Imo)

So let"s just wait and seee

Yeah no. She recieved an Golden Globe for best actress in a TV-Series for it (one of the biggest awards besides the oscars). You have to get information before you comment such things.

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15

The trailer shown is 2:30 min long.

"...Based on the 2 minutes and 30 seconds of footage shown the “Silver Linings Playbook” star may have found a compelling new spin to a story already brought to the screen three times before...."

Here's a quick take on cinematography -

"...What’s most apparent in the preview is Matthew Libatique‘s gorgeous cinematography most of which follows the actors on stage.  The affect feels a little “Blue Valentine” meets “Once” meets “Crazy Heart,” but in the best way possible...."

And, the conclusion -

"...Will “A Star Is Born” become the Oscar player the months of hype is setting it up to be?  Needless to say, this trailer certainly gets them off to a great start...."

https://theplaylist.net/bradley-cooper-a-star-is-born-cinemacon-20180424/

28 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Yeah no. She recieved an Golden Globe for best actress in a TV-Series for it (one of the biggest awards besides the oscars). You have to get information before you comment such things.

lol the golden globe was nice but it's no emmy. she wasn't even nominated. there's a reason golden globes aren't part of the EGOT. they're far more political.

LastNight

I've been excited for ASIB for so long and happily waiting for news to come out; but now that there is suddenly all of this hype and new information, the wait for the trailer feels like torture...and it's not even been 24 hours yet! The poster is so gorgeous: it feels timeless and modern at the same time.

We desperately need the trailer, I hope they don't make us wait too much longer!

Eggsy
2 hours ago, Runway said:

Lol no, Bradley is there because he is the director, not because he’s starring in the film

Yes but she encouraged him to sing, she directed the director so she should be there as a co director just saying <3

TheQueenLG
37 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

Yes but she encouraged him to sing, she directed the director so she should be there as a co director just saying <3

giphy.gif

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Haus said:

lol the golden globe was nice but it's no emmy. she wasn't even nominated. there's a reason golden globes aren't part of the EGOT. they're far more political.

Well what counts is the image. The emmys are very common in The US yes but here in Europe the only awards we care from the US are The Oscars, Golden Globes and the Grammys. The Emmys are not really relevant over here

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Der Meister

The critical difference is that the Emmys are officiated by the Television Academy for Arts and Sciences, while the Globes are officiated by the Hollywood Foreign Press. By nature of the organization, the Emmys are only TV, while the Globes are both TV and movies.

I'm not expecting Oscars but a Golden Globe nom and some nice decent box office score would make me beyond thirlled. If they do get noms for Oscars it would be the cherry on top! I just hope Gaga isn't snubbed or that Bradley wins in the male category and tat she doesn't win in the female one :cryga: but this is IF they get noms of course. I'm so excited for this film. Been one of the few first monsters to be supportive of it from the get go.

MaybeKermit
6 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Uhm I'm very well aware that she won the GG...? It"s just known that her acting in AHS wasnt the best: sometimes pretty awkward. Still LOVED her in the series tho. And like I said: IN MY OPINION. 

Prada
5 hours ago, asana15 said:

When they like it, they really like it -

5evvRP7.png

OMGGGGGG. 

Only red is ASIB.

Im sooo hyped

Bazaar

Now, after reading those articles I’m even more hyped!!

October is so far away :wtfga:

5 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Well what counts is the image. The emmys are very common in The US yes but here in Europe the only awards we care from the US are The Oscars, Golden Globes and the Grammys. The Emmys are not really relevant over here

the globes are voted for by the hollywood foreign press association so that's not surprising, not to mention there's more international overlap in music and film than tv. regardless of her european 'image', however, emmys are still much more prestigious and any tv actor would rather have an emmy than a gg. the oscars and emmys are voted by thousands of industry peers divided into their respective categories whereas globes are voted by ~90 journalists.

gaga won because she, an international pop star, proved herself to also be a surprisingly good actress. but no one really believed her performance was better than kirsten dunst in fargo or felicity huffman in american crime, which is why they were nominated for emmys and she was not. i am incredibly excited for ASIB and i'm choosing to believe the hype but it reflects poorly on her and us to act like her gg win meant more than it did :poot:

Archived