💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce's artistry is uninteresting

Quark

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO

I agree, but according to her fans, if you don’t lick her asshole very time she does something, then you’re automatically a racist :ladyhaha:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sizzily
4 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

oh my god what liberal bubble do you live in where talking about police brutality isn't controversial :sharon: 

I swear y'all keep me young

nnnnnn even I can't manage those mental gymnastics :toofunny: 

One Banned Boi

Quark
3 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

I feel like this would apply to her earlier albums but I personally find Beyoncé and Lemonade to be unique especially with the later, to each their own I guess

Her latest two albums are her most interesting. But, if you really look at the genres, sounds, and themes, then you realize that they are just well made albums but not necessarily all that interesting.

ryanripley

Beyonce and Lemonade are visual masterpieces, i'd give anything for gaga to have an album that's half as visually stunning and polished as these projects

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Damon

I kind of get your point, I've been staning for Bey since I Am, that's when she started to explore herself as an artist, she built a whole concept between her two selves: the diva and the human being.

Then in 4 she wanted to go against the edm pop which was a thing those days and create a traditionally R&B album but with her vibe.

Welp I think we all agree her last two are artsy af.

Now Dangerously in Love and BDay are good albums, full of bops but doesn't feel the same as her work after those two tbh, she was just an awesome performer.

I'm so glad she evolved as an artist, that's why she is a living legend :applause:

... and now i just sit in silence.

freebit

She's a phenomenal singer, curator and interpreter, but critics, blogs, and media really build her up as an untouchable artist who is beyond critique. To me, no one is beyond critique. In that regard, it's not Beyonce herself that bugs me, but the people and media hyping her up to the heavens. I think it's kind of loaded to say anything remotely negative about her because you'll have people coming with accusations of invalidating black art and artists, and your average critic writing for Vulture or P4K is too scared to delve into that and back up their opinions. Plus, it is cool to like Beyonce, and these writers will ride that bandwagon as they see fit, sometimes forever (see: Bob Dylan).

As for what I think of her personally, though I respect and like her in general, she's always been too polished for me to really love and connect to. I always prefer an imperfect rawness when it comes to artists.

Damon
27 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Not really cuz I think the majority of people recognize the excessive abuse towards black killings...

As I told someone else... I'd be controversial if she included lyrics trying to justify or explain the white cops side of it lol

then gaga isn't controversial at all according to your point of view

... and now i just sit in silence.

yASSsss
46 minutes ago, River said:

Beyonce is here to make money, she's the ultimate US pop product, she has a list of a huge team behind her, a certain "queen" appeal and acting and everything is made by others and not her, it's not her artistry, it's her team artistry, she's the product in front.

Yes she has a nice voice and can dance, can't deny that, but that's it actually..

Yas at all this tea. 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Matangi
42 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Not really cuz I think the majority of people recognize the excessive abuse towards black killings...

As I told someone else... I'd be controversial if she included lyrics trying to justify or explain the white cops side of it lol

honey.. no. just no. bey is speaking out about police brutality, being unapologetically black, and doing so while being a woman. you clearly are out of touch with the majority of the USA.

Matangi
17 minutes ago, freebit said:

She's a phenomenal singer, curator and interpreter, but critics, blogs, and media really build her up as an untouchable artist who is beyond critique. To me, no one is beyond critique. In that regard, it's not Beyonce herself that bugs me, but the people and media hyping her up to the heavens. I think it's kind of loaded to say anything remotely negative about her because you'll have people coming with accusations of invalidating black art and artists, and your average critic writing for Vulture or P4K is too scared to delve into that and back up their opinions. Plus, it is cool to like Beyonce, and these writers will ride that bandwagon as they see fit, sometimes forever (see: Bob Dylan).

As for what I think of her personally, though I respect and like her in general, she's always been too polished for me to really love and connect to. I always prefer an imperfect rawness when it comes to artists.

y'all confuse someone being "above critique" for someone who has been consistently strong and at the top of her game for decades now. there's a reason she's a living legend.

TimisaMonster
54 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

oh my god what liberal bubble do you live in where talking about police brutality isn't controversial :sharon: 

I swear y'all keep me young

It's really not... like... nobody looks at you sideways cuz you are just commentating on what's an obvious injustice going on

Maybe PROVOCATIVE but not controversial....lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
32 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

then gaga isn't controversial at all according to your point of view

No Antonoff...you are :stalkga::trollga:

BornSimon

So many posts to like in this thread!

She is incredibly overrated, I saw her rise with Destiny's Child in the 90s, she was always helped by others (mostly men) to get to the top: her father, Wyclef Jean, Jay Z... And there is something incredibly forced about her. They want her to be the next MJ and it's too obvious.

That doesn't mean she isn't talented. I like many of her songs. But she is not all that. She actually bores me as a performer.

TimisaMonster
18 minutes ago, Matangi said:

honey.. no. just no. bey is speaking out about police brutality, being unapologetically black, and doing so while being a woman. you clearly are out of touch with the majority of the USA.

Oooo....so controversial to be a black woman...oh my :smh:

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived