💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce's artistry is uninteresting

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

I think Beyonce's artistry is very uninteresting. Most of her appeal comes from her live performing skills, but I find her music to be kind of boring.  You might think that what I am saying is contradicted by the fact that she has some acclaimed albums, but the fact that her music is well made doesn't mean that the music is interesting. The reason I say this is because she seems to be a very straight forward artist with her themes and lyrics. And her music is very common and generic even when she tries different genres. For example, her country song in Lemonade sounds just like what you would expect a country song to sound like, and the urban songs on that same album and on Beyonce also sound just like any typical trap/hip hop songs. To compare, Gaga is not always perfect with her execution of her songs, but even her most messy song sounds much more interesting than a well made Beyonce song. All in all, I think Beyonce is the perfect example of someone talented that produces uninteresting music and in general uninteresting aristry. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shame

good thing music is subjective

LYPFePm.gif

angels forever, forever angels

TimisaMonster

Well I will say Beyonce is an artist that's very "safe" in that she doesn't speak on controversial topics the way Madonna or Gaga have

She does her thing, her vocals, her dances, etc but shes the most pop R&B artist to date 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

PoshLife
Borislshere
2 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Well I will say Beyonce is an artist that's very "safe" in that she doesn't speak on controversial topics the way Madonna or Gaga have

She does her thing, her vocals, her dances, etc but shes the most pop R&B artist to date 

She speaks a ton on Black Lives Matters which is considered to be just as controversial as Gay rights. 

River

Beyonce is here to make money, she's the ultimate US pop product, she has a list of a huge team behind her, a certain "queen" appeal and acting and everything is made by others and not her, it's not her artistry, it's her team artistry, she's the product in front.

Yes she has a nice voice and can dance, can't deny that, but that's it actually..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

TimisaMonster

Sizzily

Overrated but you can't deny the quality of her past two albums, sis.

One Banned Boi

TimisaMonster
9 minutes ago, Devyn said:

She speaks a ton on Black Lives Matters which is considered to be just as controversial as Gay rights. 

Not really cuz I think the majority of people recognize the excessive abuse towards black killings...

As I told someone else... I'd be controversial if she included lyrics trying to justify or explain the white cops side of it lol

PoshLife
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

That's not controversial cuz it's a relevant issue...what WOULD be controversial is her taking the side of white cops lol

oh my god what liberal bubble do you live in where talking about police brutality isn't controversial :sharon: 

I swear y'all keep me young

Crystalline
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

That's not controversial cuz it's a relevant issue...what WOULD be controversial is her taking the side of white cops lol

Uh... what? So is Gaga speaking on gay rights, a relevant issue, suddenly not controversial at all? It was a relevant issue even at her peak when BTW came out... but that didn’t stop it from being controversial.

I don’t even like Beyoncé and I think she’s overrated and somewhat fake, but this post makes no sense. She has spoken on plenty of controversial issues and BLM is controversial :rip: 

rumours
Just now, PoshLife said:

oh my god what liberal bubble do you live in where talking about police brutality isn't controversial :sharon: 

I swear y'all keep me young

@Shangela, he's coming for you for living in a bubble. 

tumblr_p3i582oplD1t1rvzco2_500.gif?resiz

Tom Nook

I feel like this would apply to her earlier albums but I personally find Beyoncé and Lemonade to be unique especially with the later, to each their own I guess

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived