question

Is Gaga pretentious?

edgy

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cavadour

At times, she seems so serious toward her art that she may come across as pretentious (it's not only pop and entertainment, you know...) Self-aware of her own value and talent, yes. Proud, confident, often over the top and deliciously eccentric. What the heck, she's a star and always knew it (ask Calderone) !

I think "pretend" to be something or someone goes completely against all what she stands for. That's not her at all. But I confess I like her arrogant and sometimes superior attitude. I find it awfully sexy... 

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Monsterish

She's an ambitious artist, which is good :gaycat:

So, shi's nit pritinsiis :triggered: She can (and do) talk a lot about her wonderful art, 'cause she does wonderful art

gagzus

yes and no, most of us creative people are because we view the world around us differently and our brains are wired differently. what is pretentious to some people isnt to others because i know i understand her like 99% of the time although she does have those odd 1% of times when she starts saying something and she sort of has a "brain fart" and can't be assed to finish it or forgets her point see; the culture show interview, post-national anthem interview etc

17 hours ago, giskardsb said:

JoanneGa a ploy to widen her demographic,

I mean, I feel like people are trying to defend her when they see a statement like this, and they really shouldn’t. 

That’s an issue that a lot of fans have with her. They put her on a pedestal in a way that blinds them to the fact that she is a business woman. 

Its fairly obvious that the Joanne era was orchestrated in a way to continue to reshape her public image as well as garner a wider audience. She’s mentioned in meet and greets as well that things she has done and said in her earlier work no longer apply and that she’s grown up (Monster Ball speech about locking the doors and only allowing the freaks in). 

Commercially she hit an iffy point with ARTPOP and clearly they hit the brakes, strategized and rebranded. It’s not a bad thing, it’s a business move. She went from the crazy outfits and not selling out artRAVE arenas to wearing T-shirt’s and jeans and selling out stadiums. 

To the general public who don’t follow her every waking move like we do :selena:, it just seems like “how she is now” but the fans can get caught up because they ignore the fact that she says and does things to fit the theme of the album, and will most likely contradict that with the next one, because that’s how business works. 

Maleficent

Didn't she call Born This Way the "album of the decade" even though a) no one had even heard it yet and b) it came out in 2011, meaning she didn't think anything in the next NINE years could possibly top it? 

RAMROD

Gaga is NOT pretentious!! She is PANTYLICIOUS!!

-xXJ5iA7YSBu9mOxexXM2pnibSM3unJ0NrWJHU6b

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BornSimon
11 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Didn't she call Born This Way the "album of the decade" even though a) no one had even heard it yet and b) it came out in 2011, meaning she didn't think anything in the next NINE years could possibly top it? 

Really? She never said it, it was someone who worked with her, and knowing her she would say it as a joke, like when she said ARTPOP was the album of the millenium.

Gaga knows exactly what is wrong with people: they either take her too seriously or not seriously enough.

ryanripley
12 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

i mean... whenever she says stuff like that, it's obvious she's not being deadly serious

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

GagaUnderYou

Even if it's an act, she delievers her best work when she is "pretentious". 

Pretentious LG6 title. 

Werk

Whether she is or not, I believe it's kind of tolerable considering how she has talent and etc. to back it up :selena: 

She is pretentious and I am surprised at how people think the Joanne era was not pretentious? Do I need to remind you of how PI was about Instagram models? Repeating her lyrics a million™ times to interviewers? I write and produce unlike Madonna?

It's ok though, her pretentiousness is actually kinda cute and enticing and I live for it so I'm still here stanning her hoe ass lmao.

• 2 months later...
Cavadour
On 02/04/2018 at 2:20 AM, RAMROD said:

She is PANTYLICIOUS!!

... and she has a big ego!!

What a great combination for such a multi-talented free :firega: queen :firega: bitch :firega: !!

And f*ck to all second-thinkers who see her as pretentious.

(G*d she's just a treasure... I worry for her sometimes...)

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Archived