💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga pretentious?

edgy

Featured Posts

Pretentious (adj.) - attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

So, was Gaga ever pretentious? :oprah:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florian

She sounded pretentious af during ARTPOP imo :emma: But she has toned it down a loooooooooot lately

teawhore

yeah she kinda was during ARTPOP and some interviews during The Fame :emma: 

♡ nyc ♡

Rat Boy
1 minute ago, TEAWHORE said:

yeah she kinda was during ARTPOP and some interviews during The Fame :emma: 

808609TheCultureShowLadyGagaTheMotherMon

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

gabeoz

Yes, but most of it was an act to be fair.

ryanripley

you could argue she was a bit at certain parts in ARTPOP

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Tokyo Rose

A lot of people might call her whole "fashionista persona" and all that pretentious, but what I felt was pretentious was the whole Joanne debacle. 

As a fan since 2009, to watch her contradict everything she used to say about what she does felt pretentious. Wearing a blank white t shirt and jean shorts is not an artistic statement :smh: If your tired of dressing up just say it girl :smh:

And also, when the Joanne era started, she would say things on twitter like "Hi monsters, and new fans.."  :smh:

Retron

I love Gaga. So much.

But yes, some of the ARTPOP stuff.

The attitude from The Fame, as some are suggesting, was her braggadocio confidence during that era. Which was f***ing brilliant.

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

If your tired of dressing up just say it girl :smh:

she did

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Anderson123

I feel like she was being pretentious during The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way and ARTPOP to be honest. I feel like Joanne is truly her most honest album and as much as I have loved every album, sometimes I'd be like "Girl yeah sure" during her interviews. I love Gaga but come on, some of the things she has said in the past make her sound pretentious, especially during ARTPOP.

shame

I feel like she knows when it is appropriate to be gaudy and extravagant and also when to tone it down. She's really humble when engaging with real people and her fans. In interviews and talk shows, ofc she's gonna want to say the best about what she's promoting. So I think it's inevitable some artists may come off as showy and ostentatious. But when she's interacting with fans and people on a regular day, she comes off as very modest, gracious and sweet (which can be proven by many fans' testimonies for her M&Gs).

e.g.

"Thank you for letting me hold your baby". :diane: Gracious queen :heart:

angels forever, forever angels

Archived