Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
review

BB picks Gaga’s 32 Best Performances

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

There is no modern-day performer who brings it live quite like Lady Gaga. Whether she’s performing alone with her piano, or with a full band and a crew of backup dancers, she commands the crowd like no other.

While the artist born Stefani Germanotta used to be known primarily for her crazy fashion antics (meat dress, anyone?), Gaga has since proved herself as a respectable performer who can sing show tunes, pop, jazz, rock, and any other style she sets her mind to.

In honor of Lady Gaga’s 32nd birthday this Wednesday (Mar. 28), here are 32 of her best live performances, encompassing both covers and originals. Hope it's a good one, Stefani, and here’s to another 32 years of creating music and inspiring monsters across the world to be themselves!

Here’s the Top 5-

5. “Marry the Night” (Alan Carr: Chatty Man, 2011)

In a giant pink bow surrounded by candles at her piano, Gaga delivers an emotional rendition of this underrated Born This Way single. As with "Hair" on Paul O'Grady, the performance is so naturally perfect that it makes it seem like “Marry The Night” should’ve been recorded as a ballad like this for the album.

4. The Sound of Music Tribute (Academy Awards, 2015)

If every other award show didn’t have the masses convinced that Gaga was filled with pure talent, this one certainly did the trick. She flawlessly and gracefully sang a variety of Sound of Music classics, after having trained with a vocal coach everyday for 6 months leading up to the medley. It showed that Gaga is such more than a pop star in a meat dress.

3. “Born This Way” (Grammy Awards, 2011)

Everything about this performance, from the choreography to the vocals to the costumes, is DAMN PERFECT. Let’s not forget she literally was inside of the egg for the entirety of the red carpet up until she hatched during this performance wearing shoulder and facial prosthetic horns and a latex outfit. With a nation's eyes on her, she preaches individuality and acceptance, a message that many needed to hear.

2. “Paparazzi” (MTV Video Music Awards, 2009)

This was the performance that really made Lady Gaga. It proved she was more than just a superficial pop star -- she was an artist, and quite unlike one we'd ever seen before, a true force to be reckoned with. Chills every damn time. Could any other pop star pull off bleeding to death on stage at the VMAs? Don’t think so.

1. Super Bowl Halftime Show (Super Bowl LI, 2017)

Could anyone in the world have been disappointed in this performance?! Stefani trained just as hard as the Patriots and Falcons so she could sing and dance non-stop for 13 minutes. No matter which Gaga era was your favorite, she touched on all her best moments throughout, never missing a beat. This is a halftime show that will be hard for any future performer to top, and the best representation of Gaga's peerless strengths as a live performer. 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

KyliesChild

The 2011 Grammys performance doesn't belong anywhere near the top five of that list. I can't believe that they included performances such as "Do What U Want" on the 2013 AMAs or Gypsy on SNL when they are arguably cringeworthy.

These performances are better than a lot of their picks. 

corvus albus

But Billboard forgot to put the performance of Applause at the VMA's and American Idol's Alejandro into the top 5

TEANUS

Why is New York, New York at Sinatra 100 and Imagine at Baku below anything from a The Fame era sans Paparazzi at the VMAs :saladga:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

ryanripley

as nostalgic and exciting BTW at the grammys were, TSOM performance should be above that one lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

yASSsss

“This is a halftime show that will be hard for any future performer to top, and the best representation of Gaga's peerless strengths as a live performer. “

The praise.whewww 

DZRS-CTVQAEiBDc?format=jpg&name=small

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Gagaplayer315
21 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

No matter which Gaga era was your favorite, she touched on all her best moments throughout

They really don't like ARTPOP huh. Anyway the Sound of Music performance deserved better

Bad Monster Kid

Justice for ARTPOP live on Jimmy Fallon. Always overlooked. 

I am glad they included her cover of Carole Kings You’ve Got A Friend.

Lextyr97

WHICH ONE OF YOU STANS PUT THE SXSW PERFORMANCE ON THERE? HAVENT FINISHED GOING THROUGH IT BUT IN SO GLAD IT WAS RECOGNIZED 😍 A ****ING PERFORMANCE

CannaeDrive

It's a vessel  :triggered:

3 hours ago, yASSsss said:
3. “Born This Way” (Grammy Awards, 2011)

Everything about this performance, from the choreography to the vocals to the costumes, is DAMN PERFECT. Let’s not forget she literally was inside of the egg for the entirety of the red carpet up until she hatched during this performance wearing shoulder and facial prosthetic horns and a latex outfit. With a nation's eyes on her, she preaches individuality and acceptance, a message that many needed to hear.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

I'm glad they did this piece and I love the intro where they basically call her through best performer if this generation. However the top 5  is mostly her most iconic/fsmours performances as oppose to best.

Archived