Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pitchfork : The enduring appeal of stars who flop

Jinzo

Featured Posts

IAmNotHere1997
10 hours ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Can you read? Because that's literally not what was said.

Yes I know but it was too late :toofunny:

James Gibson

Are you guys reading the article? It's actually pointing the lack of sense of dividing records as smash hits and flops. And actually gives props to artists who after an underwhelming era create records that satisfy them and their fans but don't get thinking if it's gonna smash or flop (like Britney with the Glory release).

Actually, Pitchfork did really good with this one :diane:

I think you guys are missing his point. He is basically saying that what ppl consider "flops" now a days are much more successful then what were considered flops back then. He is saying that "flops" now are actually sometimes critically acclaimed bodies of work or they are in fact commercially successful to some extent where as back in the day a flop would be an album that has like no hit single, is critically panned and the star's fan base forgets about them and now some albums are being branded flops even if it produced a hit, even if the artist is critically acclaimed or even if the artist is invited to perform at award shows. He is saying that what is considered a flop is ridiculous now and that there should be a grey zone / middle zone.

TMM90
12 hours ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

You guys didn't even read the whole article, the author literally POINTED out calling ARTPOP and Joanne is ridiculous.

Great article though

This! :golfclap:

Duella Dvil
4 hours ago, Thorin said:

This is why I avoid reading Pitchfork articles 

Because you don't read them you missed the part where they say ARTPOP and  Joanne aren't flops

www.instagram.com/theduella666

1 hour ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Because you don't read them you missed the part where they say ARTPOP and  Joanne aren't flops

:ladyhaha: you got me. Good for them! 

Lazlo

giskardsb

lol at nobody reading the article but commenting anyway based on a soundbite. Thats how people like Trump get elected.

so here is the truth.... "flop" or not is how you feel about a piece of work personally, as a fan.    I don't care that some of my favorite artists are non-existant to the general public, they are relevant to me and that is all I care about.

GypsyBabe

I stopped when they said Joanne was a flop. B!tch where? :triggered:

Edit: Read the whole thing now. Nevermind. :tony: 

⚯͛

High Princess

What an interesting read! It's always cool to see perspectives from outside the stan world.

Well Gaga haters will likely quote this article as proof that she flopped. But then they have to admit Applause and Million Reasons are hits since the same article says it. So they are in a tricky predicament.

Archived