Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Most Quiet The Fanbase Has Been Between Eras

AJK273

Featured Posts

Mikey Monster
2 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

No...post broken hip was the most quite...

Gaga didn't post pics, tweet, etc...

Only time she commented was on a pic fans were joking wasn't her. She put on white heavy face powder and said "it's me" and fans felt sooooooo bad and uncomfortable

I remember this like it was yesterday! I literally saw her post it as it happened like it said “just posted” and I was freaking out lol 😂

Mikey McCampbell

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
20 minutes ago, Mikey Monster said:

I remember this like it was yesterday! I literally saw her post it as it happened like it said “just posted” and I was freaking out lol 😂

Yeah that 2 word response felt like a ton of bricks...yikes...her feelings got hurt...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

VeguisLG

The biggest blackout of all was the one between the cancelled dates of the BTWB and ARTPOP. No news for weeks, only fake rumors and fake leaks. She wasn't even using Twitter or any other social media. Those months were so boring to be honest... but her health comes first :kara:

VeguisLG
3 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

No...post-broken hip was the most quiet...

Gaga didn't post pics, tweet, etc...

Only time she commented was on a pic fans were joking wasn't her. She put on white heavy face powder and said "it's me" and fans felt sooooooo bad and uncomfortable

I've never heard of the comment before... was it on LM.com? :triggered:

ModernEcstasy

It’s because Gaga is less active on social media than ever! (Despite saying she would be posting on the LM app more)

GagaUnderYou

Gaga doesn't tease the fans as she used to do. No Gagavisions/No Soundpuzzles etc.

There is nothing to talk about at the moment. When a leak or something happens GGD goes crazy. I think everyone knows Gaga is resting working on new music. But remember when ARTPOP was recorded, she would post lyrics and hints. I think that's why many people are attached to ARTPOP Act 2 as well. 

I'm sure a DWUW video leak, and a TEA leak will have us going for months. 

GagaUnderYou
2 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

It’s beva Gaga is less active on social media than ever! (Despite saying she would be posting on the LM app more)

lasted a day

The Child
14 hours ago, Benguan said:

did we?:oprah:

We, the older ones, did learn. The new ones that are fans since Joanne haven’t learned yet but they aren’t many anyways.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bolkins

As most people have said the fan base has aged and the majority of us are used to what a pre era entails. Were used to the rumours (which in the past were more realistic and tangible, with fake edits and music, not just random tweets plucked from thin air) and she’s away from the public eye during these times so it’s pretty dead in Gagaland and fans know this now. ASIB is still a long way off and  we have no details or trailer so it’s hard to get excited about rn. 

If there was a major rumour, from HDD or something credible, then no doubt there would be way more activity in here.

petty

I think it has something to do with the majority of her fan base growing up and maturing. I’d say when she was on top, she had fans of all ages but her core fan base was ranging age 15-25. Now, we’re 25-35, and have other shxt to be worrying about tbh. Maybe I’m speaking for myself but I was in school during Gaga’s Fame-BTW eras so I had a lot of time to care, as did most of her fans around my age at the time - and there were a lot of us. But her core fan base has for the most part matured, gotten real jobs, have an actual life to worry about and take care of instead of some woman’s who doesn’t know we exist, etc. and now the young teen fans, the very few that remain, don’t have to same stuff to work with as we did back in 2009-12, so they Stan the relevant Instagram popstars - naturally. Gaga hasn’t made an effort to evolve with social media and the youngin’s so the hype between eras is not ever going to be the same. But once she announces actual dates and REAL hype begins - all the fans come out our caves :shrug: 

Speechless94
1 hour ago, PETTY said:

I think it has something to do with the majority of her fan base growing up and maturing. I’d say when she was on top, she had fans of all ages but her core fan base was ranging age 15-25. Now, we’re 25-35, and have other shxt to be worrying about tbh. Maybe I’m speaking for myself but I was in school during Gaga’s Fame-BTW eras so I had a lot of time to care, as did most of her fans around my age at the time - and there were a lot of us. But her core fan base has for the most part matured, gotten real jobs, have an actual life to worry about and take care of instead of some woman’s who doesn’t know we exist, etc. and now the young teen fans, the very few that remain, don’t have to same stuff to work with as we did back in 2009-12, so they Stan the relevant Instagram popstars - naturally. Gaga hasn’t made an effort to evolve with social media and the youngin’s so the hype between eras is not ever going to be the same. But once she announces actual dates and REAL hype begins - all the fans come out our caves :shrug: 

This I think is the biggest reason. I was in my sophomore year of high school (15) when Bad Romance came out so I was definitely part of the younger half (though I would say the strongest core) of the fan base at the time and even now as a 23 year old out of college and working, I'm finding myself having less time to focus on Gaga related things because of regular life. Of course right now there's nothing going on but I definitely agree this is the least exciting pre era for new gaga music.

I think generally that could be because we expected so much and there was so much hype around everything she was doing, even up through ARTPOP, but now it's just radio silence pretty much from her and we're kind of over the the rumors that we now know better than to fall for. 

Things like the "the truth is in my red lipstick" and looking for ARTPOP info in the BTW album cover were fun because there was hope and excitement in thinking about all the different possibilities. I can think of a million different situations like that that actually used to be fun and amusing. But now I feel like the general attitude towards her maybe this time around is "lets just wait and see" because we could end up with another Joanne. 

(Don't come for me I love Joanne! It's a great album and tt was great for brand, her image, we got a hit ballad, etc. blah blah blah ya'll know what I mean - the change in musical style that maybe not everyone was here for completely) 

TimisaMonster
5 hours ago, VeguisLG said:

I've never heard of the comment before... was it on LM.com:triggered:

Yeah can't find the pic tho...might have been deleted...it was a fan photo

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I think it’s a combo of several things:

1. A lot of the original fanbase has grown up and don’t sit around on Twitter and forums. You have to keep in mind that the dumb ass “stan culture” and such are typically teenagers. 

2. There was a section of the fanbase that checked out during the Joanne era. The theatrics and all that which came alongside it was one of the biggest draws for many people. 

3. Aside from the Super Bowl, there really wasn’t much that happened with this last album cycle to keep people talking. She didn’t have any crazy outfits, no theatrical stage performances, etc. 

AJK273
15 hours ago, Blake said:

Do you mean 'quiet'? :oprah:

:selena: I...... Yes

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

Archived