question

Pop Girl voice (s) you can’t stand?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs

If you want me to include new pop singers, I will say have to say Halsey, Julia Michaels, Hailee Steinfeld, Bebe Rexha, Anne-Marie, James Arthur (not a girl but I don't care) the list just goes on...

FfFfFfFF
7 hours ago, JosephH said:

This is only on the main/ mainstream pop girls like Gaga, Riri, Katy, Miley, Taylor etc. Sorry 2 burst your bubble but, ummm read the description. :madge:

Halsey is a pop girl.

Smother Em Eh
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Halsey is a pop girl.

But this is meant to be about the Main and original pop girls like some of the ones I listed above. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

KURUSHITOVSKA

Ellie Whoulding, Demi, Nicki Minaj, Adam Levine, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry... 

Also Halsey, Lorde, Tove Lo, MØ, Melanie Martinez... They all sound the same to me, it's the new pop girl kind of voice that I don't like

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

RepentingSinner
10 hours ago, JosephH said:

Ariana

10 hours ago, JosephH said:

Demi,

Its not that i cant stand them. Sometimes, very much in her last album, i though her voice was very shrill. I don't dislike Ari, but her voice often lacks fullness,  in my opinion.

Selena sounds like any average person who can sing out there, Ellie sounds like google translate mixed with a female singer, I've never liked Britney's voice and I think it's hyper annoying, I love Rihanna but her voice is just so nasal sometimes it's a pain in the ears, I love Miley's normal chest voice but when she starts shouting I just can't :cryga:  Demi is better than Selena vocally but still annoying, I don't like Sia's vocal technique she sometimes sounds like a dog or wolf :wtfga:when she does that thing (breaking the melodies, don't know how to explain it differently) 
And finally, I could write an essay about how is Lorde's voice annoying, (not even the voice on its own that much, but the way she pronounces and carries her melodies)  and the ''indie pop girl vowel breaking'' phenomena accompanying it :interestinga:

Lazlo

ZephyrInTheSky

I used to despise Rihanna's voice up until SOS or so, her whiny tone was just ew. Sounded like a little boy going through puberty. Definitely improved.

Demi's tone isn't the best to say the least, its like shes overdoing it on every note to show she can sing and her vocals sound like shes actually squeezing the life out of her vocal chords while they tear slowly. (IE Sorry Not Sorry)

Fergie's voice live is not the most pleasant (even before The National Anthem)

Lastly, Sia because of her awful enunciation.

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

Princess Stache

Camila.  It's like an annoying Latina version of Halsey.  Sorry not sorry :triggered:

RAMROD

I guess most of young female singers today.

Not because I cannot stand it, but just a little annoyance because their vocals are just sounds the same between each others.

Like when I listened on radio, I cannot pick apart between Camilla, and all those female singers that been with Zedd for example. 

It seems that there are no unique voice these days anymore. Like, when we listened to Gaga or Rihanna, or Bey or Sia, or Adele or Jennifer Hudson, we know it's them by the first note. Nothing like that anymore and that kinda bugs me.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived