Blue Ivy bids / buys a $19K painting

bayonse

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squeala
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow. This seems like part of a parody skit about how pretentious celebrity parents let their kids live. Blue will not know the value of money if they let her do things like this. A 6 year old has no concept of how much $19k is and a rich child will have even less idea of the value of it if they're never taught what is a normal amount to spend on something. I'm sure she's never told that most people don't buy art this expensive because they can't afford it. She's being raised on her dad's music that includes songs like The Story of O.J, where he talks about how you should buy a painting for $1 million and in years to come, it'll increase in value. Far from being an advice song for the everyman, it's advice on how rich people can get even richer. This is the kinda thing Blue is raised to believe is normal. I also found it so cringey when the host said that collecting art is a big deal for African Americans. It's a big deal for anyone. Most people don't have the money to spend on art, regardless of race. This is really a 1% event and she can't even see that. I wouldn't be surprised if what she said was a paid plug for Jay's album considering that this was exactly the topic he spoke about in The Story of O.J, which I mentioned before.

It's one thing for her parents to be placing high bets in her presence but to allow the child to make the bet and make the call on how high she wants to bet is a really bad move. The message that she will take away from this moment is that money is no object and whatever you want, you get. Even in a rich family, this is not what you want your child believing. Get prepared for a lifetime of picking up cheques for them at this rate.

You 3 are really boring to keep on saying this. I'm not attacking a child, I'm attacking the parenting techniques. I'm allowed to speak my opinion the same as you and I don't make a big fuss over who responds and who doesn't. And Harry, how am I even remotely like that woman in the clip you posted? And pink sushi, you've pulled the exact same thing you did a few weeks ago. Stop alerting banned members to come and laugh at me. I thought you'd learned after last night but apparently not. What have you got against me? Where did this vendetta come from? We've never even spoken until recently.

Imagine typing all of this 

StrawberryBlond
23 hours ago, bayonse said:

heeeeere we gooo :poot:

Predictable. To think that the only things you lot have typed in this thread is direct references to me about to post in this thread, meaning you have no thoughts of your own on the actual topic. What a basic level of humour you have.

22 hours ago, Harry said:

Bingo, I guess?

It's not bingo if you already knew it would happen. Seriously, do you think this is witty or something?

21 hours ago, squeala said:

Imagine typing all of this 

I have thoughts and theories in my head that I want to get out, which is the whole point of joining a forum. Is writing your thoughts in full so that people can understand them to the fullest extent some sort of crime now? And you'll find that when you're educated, like I am, you tend to write a lot. Plus, I like writing, so sue me.

Harry
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's not bingo if you already knew it would happen. Seriously, do you think this is witty or something?

So you admit that you're predictable?

Borislshere
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

And you'll find that when you're educated, like I am,

giphy.gif

StrawberryBlond
15 minutes ago, Harry said:

So you admit that you're predictable?

No, I'm saying that it's typical of you and your ilk to come out with these preemptive warnings every time a topic arises that I usually show up in. It's a forum, the whole point is to post your opinions. It's not unusual or funny to see a person enter a thread. I don't do the same for you, why do you do it for me? I notice that none of you have even posted your own thoughts on the topic or responded to anything I said about it. It just goes to show that you just use threads like this as a vehicle to insult me and it's doing my head in. Leave me the hell alone.

Just now, Devyn said:

giphy.gif

You think it's funny to laugh at educated people? I passed Higher English and a have a university degree from one of the world's top universities. Think you'll find that's the definition of educated. But apparently it's cool to be unintelligent and not express yourself well. Not in my book. I really pity people who think it's uncool to put your thoughts out there in an eloquent manner.

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I’m so lost as to the feud that is ensuing. :laughga:

The same people use any excuse to belittle and insult me because they don't agree with what I have to say on all manner of things. Whenever a thread comes up with a topic that sounds like something I usually like to respond to, they say stuff like "I wonder if that member's going to show up" and suchlike. It's the same bunch of people every time. It's victimisation and bullying and I'm not standing for it anymore. It's not like I don't have friends of my own here but they're not the type to be so petty as to bring down other members to boost me up because they're too mature for that. Somehow, posting my thoughts on a forum, the entire point of such a site, is too much for certain people to take and they find my mere involvement to be a source of comedy. Thing is, I was never nasty to them. They just came out one day and started being mean to me. It's pure power play at this point in an attempt to force me off this forum so they don't have to see my opinions anymore. Thing is, I've never once attempted to silence them or laugh at what they have to say, so I don't know why they seem to think it's acceptable to do it to me. It doesn't matter how many times they get warned, they never learn.

ryanripley

i cant stop laughing

also blue is so cute :wub:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RAMROD

Can you guys please quarrel in your own domain, please?! We have PM for a reason, OK? Hijacking a thread for this out if topic stuffs isn’t exactly cool or something. Get a room!

tenor.gif?itemid=4610776

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Can you guys please quarrel in your own domain, please?! We have PM for a reason, OK? Hijacking a thread for this out if topic stuffs isn’t exactly cool or something. Get a room!

tenor.gif?itemid=4610776

They don't want to talk by PM, that's part of the problem. Made up their mind about me and don't want to change it by actually conversing with me and working it out. It would be great if you said this to the people who actively make posts basically silencing me before I've even entered the thread because believe me, I want it stopped as much as you.

Cuchulainn
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

They don't want to talk by PM, that's part of the problem. Made up their mind about me and don't want to change it by actually conversing with me and working it out. It would be great if you said this to the people who actively make posts basically silencing me before I've even entered the thread because believe me, I want it stopped as much as you.

I agree with this. Even if you try to PM these types they don’t respond. It’s just their attempt at publicly humiliating you without any interest in conversation. I haven’t witnessed this kind of bafoonery since the third grade tbh.

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

By how they responding, or not responding for that matter, then it is best to ignore them as much as it angers you.  I usually retire from a discussion when it gets nowhere these day sksksk

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

rumours
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The same people use any excuse to belittle and insult me because they don't agree with what I have to say on all manner of things. Whenever a thread comes up with a topic that sounds like something I usually like to respond to, they say stuff like "I wonder if that member's going to show up" and suchlike. It's the same bunch of people every time. It's victimisation and bullying and I'm not standing for it anymore. It's not like I don't have friends of my own here but they're not the type to be so petty as to bring down other members to boost me up because they're too mature for that. Somehow, posting my thoughts on a forum, the entire point of such a site, is too much for certain people to take and they find my mere involvement to be a source of comedy. Thing is, I was never nasty to them. They just came out one day and started being mean to me. It's pure power play at this point in an attempt to force me off this forum so they don't have to see my opinions anymore. Thing is, I've never once attempted to silence them or laugh at what they have to say, so I don't know why they seem to think it's acceptable to do it to me. It doesn't matter how many times they get warned, they never learn.

Maybe, you could try having a mod (who is willing) join in a group PM chat with you and the other members to mediate the conversation? That might lead to some sort of agreement/reconciliation.

ProdigyARTPOP

Everyone on this forum has the ability and the choice to speak their minds, as long as it’s in a safe and calm way. Let’s stop tearing each other down. Gaga has taught us better :hug:

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived