💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Marry the Night, You and I and Hair were overshadowed by The Edge of Glory

edengowon

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Hair? Wasn't that just put on iTunes and Farmville to generate hype for the album? I don't think it was ever a single, at least not in the US...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

it was a promo single

I am aware 

It wasn't a single. 

ryanripley
21 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Hair? Wasn't that just put on iTunes and Farmville to generate hype for the album? I don't think it was ever a single, at least not in the US...

wikipedia says it's a WW promo single

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

BuyMeLegs
5 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

Hair wasn't an official single but it should have been instead of Judas

:triggered:

Hair was amazing but Judas was a stepping stone in her career, IMO. Had it not been for Judas, she'd be deemed a "safe artist".

Inferno

The whole era was overshadowed by her overexposure. Thats the truth. Marry the Night being at the tail end of it never stood a chance, no matter what came before it. And You and I made little impact at all, everyone was just glossing over her by that point.

Yes, the third single overshadowed the fourth single, the fifth single, and an album track. Shocker.

TEOG is a great song and deserves its reputation.mp3 :firega: MTN was underrated and Hair would’ve done well as a single imo! 

Catnikko

They were overshadowed by messy release dates and videos coming out 5 years after they became singles :triggered:

Actual patient

Catnikko
4 hours ago, BuyMeLegs said:

Hair was amazing but Judas was a stepping stone in her career, IMO. Had it not been for Judas, she'd be deemed a "safe artist".

That happened after Alejandro's video though :triggered: Judas just made people think she was trying to hard to be controversial 

Actual patient

Drin Lon
11 hours ago, BuyMeLegs said:

Lmao Judas is a BR copycat and the whole thing being released during Easter was just meant to be a shocker without any real meaning or substance behind it, and it obvi backfired.

Had it not been for Judas, a song like TC would have gathered more than ~35M audience on radio :triggered:

Runway
9 hours ago, Inferno said:

The whole era was overshadowed by her overexposure. Thats the truth. Marry the Night being at the tail end of it never stood a chance, no matter what came before it. And You and I made little impact at all, everyone was just glossing over her by that point.

Yoü and I sold 2.3 million copies

lJCIUmK.gif

Biggest Bitch

Hair could have been at least the 3rd most successful single from BTW. It debuted at number 12 on billboard, with 147.000 copies. (First week)

With a good promo and video I'm sure it could peak at least top 3.

Archived