opinion

Marry the Night, You and I and Hair were overshadowed by The Edge of Glory

edengowon

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corvus albus

Have you heard the organ breakdown? This part alone is enough to be better than half of Gagas discography. This songs brings Gagas A game as a lyricist and it's Gaga singing better than she ever did before (but not after). Why do people actually believe this? :saladga:

TEOG overshadowed every other subsequent single because it is objectively better than all of them. The only one that comes close to TEOG is Marry The Night. No discussion needed

Bloodyjack
12 minutes ago, MonsterDITD said:

It's not that TEOG doesn't deserve love, it's an epic bop but songs like Marry the Night, You and I & Hair don't have enough views/sales. I feel like TEOG and Born this Way overshadowed the rest of the Born this Way singles. Opinions?

What is overrated a new epedemic or something lol and hair wasn't

corvus albus
4 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Gotta say, I do prefer those three songs over TEOG.

Impossible :nails:

edengowon
Just now, Bloodyjack said:

What is overrated a new epedemic or something lol and hair wasn't

Hair was a promo single

the artist formerly known as melancholia

ryanripley
Just now, holy scheisse said:

Hair wasn't a single tho

it was a promo single

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Schizophonic

marry the night would have been the best second single choice and then wait a bit longer until the album along with edge, then judas, then you and i around christmas

Judas ruined everything, blame ha:triggered:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Taide

Hair is loud af and cringe. I’m sorry but it’s one of the songs I skip everytime it starts to play.

MTN is overrated. The video is a masterpiece and I love when she sings it live, but c’moon it was a fifth (or sixth) single that Gaga released in a year (Alejandro, BTW, Judas, TEOG, You and I) and it was meant to flop.

You and I is a masterpiece and my gay ass loved this song in 2011 even tho I was a kid back then.

PatrickMonster

TEOG is probably the best thing happened to humanity since sliced bread. end topic

ArtGagaPop

No it didn't overshadow anything, it saved the btw from being ruined after the mess that was judas. TEOG deserved more attention then it got. It should been the follow up to btw as the 2nd single just before the album dropped with radio deals, epic video ready for release etc. Now it's among gagas hits like paparazzi, alejandro, applause, MR etc but it could been a smash hit on the level of Poker face/bad romance. Wasted potential :nails:

Marry the night should then got it's time to shine as 3rd single during the autum to winter and then schisse should been the last ww single in spring of 2012. You and i could been a US only single during summer 2012. 

The singles were handled very bad tbh back in the btw era. each single should have gotten more time to shine and they released to many singles in too short of a time leading to over expourse. like the MR era was almost as long as the whole BTW era with 5 singles :rip:. 3 singles in 2011 would been enough then 1 or 2 in 2012 while she was touring, it would have let each single have it chart run instead of being rushed by a new single while the old one was still doing good. 

MEDONER

Marry The Night and Hair are overrated, cheesy, cringe and a loud mess and that's a fact. You and I is a fùcking masterpiece and deserves all the praise possible :lolly:

Archived