opinion

Katy's Impact on Gaga

shame

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VOLANTIS

Why would you want to drag Katy like this is what I'm trying to wrap my head around.. :saladga:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

shame
1 hour ago, 666 others said:

This ain't Katy Perry either. :selena:

Looks like ha to me...  :selena: If it isn't then who is it? :awkney:

ab8d4d77e71f5e802272755abca242fa--a-lady-lady-gaga.jpgzooeydeschanel.png

It's obviously Katy but go off :interestinga:

angels forever, forever angels

shame
25 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Why would you want to drag Katy like this is what I'm trying to wrap my head around.. :saladga:

ME drag KATY? Never lol I'm a fan! I just found these similarities in their artistry interesting :reductive: Just trying to point out maybe the two are closer than we think! :kara:

Jessica Germ
20 hours ago, StarryNight said:

pop-stars-after-ladygaga-01.jpg

:trollga:

I also have the full photo. SpillT my tea downloading it 

Bloodyjack
20 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

We often think Gaga is the main influencer for the other pop girls...

orig-21511448.jpg:stalkga:

...but what if we were underestimating Katy’s impact, especially on Gaga?

Exhibit A
In an early alternate MV of Thinking of You, Katy ends up killing her boyfriend in bed. This was around 2006-7. A year or two later, Gaga is deemed a notorious Boyfriend Killer in several of her music videos.
The similarity is more striking in Bad Romance.

UEF0dvZ.png

outlook-4.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Reveal hidden contents

Exhibit B
In 2010, Katy released the E.T. music video, where Katy wore interesting avant-garde makeup while gravitating in space in a unique latex costume. A year later, Gaga released the BTW video, which emulated the extraterrestrial vibe of E.T.  

Katy-Perry-and-Lady-Gaga-Born-this-way-and-E-T-katy-perry-vs-lady-gaga-20747202-322-700.jpgarticle-1301672839249-0b6fc32700000578-4

Exhibit C
Katy covered Gaga’s BTW song at a show sometime around March 11, 2011 where she sang it in a country-esque toned-down acoustic tone. Two weeks later, Gaga releases Born This Way (Country Road Version) on YT which sounds pretty similar to Katy’s version, or at least perhaps took cues from its style.

Exhibit D
Katy’s 2013 song called ‘By the Grace of God’ is about wanting to give up (on life) but then finding solace in God’s love.
LYRICS:
Looked in the mirror and decided to stay
Wasn't gonna let love take me out
That way

Gaga’s 2016 Christian ballad ‘Million Reasons’ bears some resemblance as it also talks about wanting to give up something but then holding onto that one true reason (aka faith) to keep going.
LYRICS:
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay

Both songs emphasize the need for “staying”. Katy’s ballad about self-worth probably inspired Gaga to venture into a toned-down era. After all, Gaga was in the audience during Katy's BTGOG Grammy performance. Hence, we eventually got Joanne.

Exhibit E
This one is probably more self-explanatory. Check out the hair and makeup.
MTV VMAs 2017
unknown.png?width=800&height=472

2018 Grammys
Lady-Gaga-2018-Grammys.jpg

So what is the truth? :oprah:

Is Katy just as influential as Gaga and have they mutually inspired each other in their work? They’re both personally close to each other so it must be that they sometimes share their ideas and help each other out in the industry! :hug:

ab8d4d77e71f5e802272755abca242fa--a-lady-lady-gaga.jpg:flutter:

Thots? :kara:

This is so far fetched lol I doubt Gaga has the time to sit around and watch an old alternative Katy video that wasn't even used

shame
2 hours ago, Bloodyjack said:

This is so far fetched lol I doubt Gaga has the time to sit around and watch an old alternative Katy video that wasn't even used

oops :giggle:

B8MuJtk.png

Spoiler

:trollga:

brit4ever
23 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

...but what if we were underestimating Katy’s impact, especially on Gaga?

Exhibit A
In an early alternate MV of Thinking of You, Katy ends up killing her boyfriend in bed. This was around 2006-7. A year or two later, Gaga is deemed a notorious Boyfriend Killer in several of her music videos.
The similarity is more striking in Bad Romance.

UEF0dvZ.png

outlook-4.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Britney was the first to kill her lover in Toxic's MV, Katy is coppying her, exposed. :poot: 

BuyMeLegs
2 hours ago, brit4ever said:

Britney was the first to kill her lover in Toxic's MV, Katy is coppying her, exposed. :poot: 

Lady Gaga killed Lina Morgana and nobody bats an eye. :poot:

shame
16 hours ago, Sirius094 said:

lmao, this is the biggest reach I have witnessed :stalkga: since I've been here

I even beat out those Twitter users accusing Gaga of transphobia? I'm honoured :diane:

shame
6 hours ago, brit4ever said:

Does she? I've actually never watched the Toxic MV in full, I've only seen snippets on award shows :selena:

brit4ever
4 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

Does she? I've actually never watched the Toxic MV in full, I've only seen snippets on award shows :selena:

giphy.gif

Also, how come you never watched the video? :poot: 

shame

mess I didn't know there was a plot :wtfga: I always thought it was just her feelin herself in a white void :poot:

there were millions of gifs like this one so I thought I technically already saw the video :sharon:

giphy.gif

I'll go check it out now :lolly:

ShayCristoforo

Katy had an album called One Of The Boys and Gaga had Boys Boys Boys!!  The Teenage Dream Monster album is CONFIRMEDT

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived