Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Janet Jackson || janet. [CEREMONY]

Phoebe Buffay

What album should I do next?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. You can ONLY pick ONE!

• Control (1986)
    • Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 (1989)
    • The Velvet Rope (1997)
    • All For You (2001)
    • Damita Jo (2004)

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay

[#13] The Body That Loves You - 6,72

Highs: @HausOfAmericano - 9

Lows: @Inferno - 1

1e0e5805e36e6c753b4fda22ad78743a.jpg

Commentary

@That J - Easily one of the best titles a song can carry, this track sadly isn't as great. Ive always said this one hits right down the middle. I don't love it, I don't hate it. It is a sweet song with some sensual undertones but I felt like this idea is done way better with track that follows it.

@janetjackson - This song never worked for me until watching her perform it on her State of the World tour last year. It falls flat compared to other tracks on the album, especially when we have B-sides like And On And On (MASTERPIECE), but it still holds it's own on the album.

@Mirages - once again Ms. Jackson proves she is one of the best in incorporating various influences into one album without making it seems out of the place, this time latino and jazz influences

Mirages
6 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

Delete it.

No :stalkga:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
3 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

#13] The Body That Loves You - 6,72

200.gif

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Phoebe Buffay
Just now, Mirages said:

200.gif

Ikr. :grr: There are songs that are way worse than this one on the album. :madge:

Phoebe Buffay

[#12] Funky Big Band - 7,41

Highs: @Kandy life - 11

Lows: @That J @ssslyboy - 4

507cb397362248b2fc43397143b94586--janet-

Commentary

@That J - If any song truly sounds dated here, it's Funky Big Band. Honestly, I didn't really care for it when it was new.  There's alot going on in this song...perhaps too much and it becomes cluttered.

@janetjackson - Alright's less popular cousin. She's still a lot of fun.

@Mirages - from country we move on to jazz and it feels very natural, almost sounds again like a left over from her previous album Rythm Nation

lost in limbo
42 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#14] Whoops Now - 6,71

Highs: @HausOfAmericano @EvilRegal - 10

Janet-Jackson-Feet-807017.jpg

Commentary

@That J - The final track of the album shows Janet in a lighthearted playful mood while digging on music straight out of the 50's and 60's but with a slightly modern touch. Some could argue this is her saying "I was just playing" in regards to some of the riskier tracks that proceeded it. That concept would be shot away with her next release. It's a sweet fun little song complete with some Hey Girl moments at the end.

@janetjackson - Whimsical little ditty that is chock full of cheese in all the right ways. I'm here for it! And her adorable mini pony in the video!

@The Bling -  Now THIS is cute, and fun and everything 

@Mirages - Janet closes the album on a positive note, however for me the song seems most basic of the whole album and thus is my least favorite

WHAT THE ****, ARE YOU GUYS DEAF? 

29 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#13] The Body That Loves You - 6,72

Highs: @HausOfAmericano - 9

1e0e5805e36e6c753b4fda22ad78743a.jpg

Commentary

@That J - Easily one of the best titles a song can carry, this track sadly isn't as great. Ive always said this one hits right down the middle. I don't love it, I don't hate it. It is a sweet song with some sensual undertones but I felt like this idea is done way better with track that follows it.

@janetjackson - This song never worked for me until watching her perform it on her State of the World tour last year. It falls flat compared to other tracks on the album, especially when we have B-sides like And On And On (MASTERPIECE), but it still holds it's own on the album.

@Mirages - once again Ms. Jackson proves she is one of the best in incorporating various influences into one album without making it seems out of the place, this time latino and jazz influences

Sad, but it's one of the weaker songs on the album so I understand it

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Phoebe Buffay

OK, we are getting closer and closer to the top 10. So what song didn't make it? Any guesses?

rumours

Whoops now was one of my least favs on the album, but there are other songs I'd rather have seen gone before The Body That Loves You

rumours
4 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

OK, we are getting closer and closer to the top 10. So what song didn't make it? Any guesses?

Throb?

Phoebe Buffay

[#11] What'll I Do - 7,61

Highs: @MarlonBrando7 @HausOfAmericano @Kandy life - 10

Lows: @Inferno - 1

DVOjEi1UQAAmZa7.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song never got any love and what a shame. It's a banger in its own right. While more jam session with near rock sensibility, What'll I Do is a get up and move track. It's not the same dance as other songs here but it does show some versatility. Underrated!

@janetjackson - Her vocals are what sell this one. I wish it were sequenced better in the album. Would have given it a 7.5+ had it been placed after Funky or New Agenda.

@Mirages - when I first heard the album this song felt a little out of place, but I love what she did with it and love it even more than the original, pioneering those country influences

shame

If can leave the stage next

bgMyK_s-200x150.gif

That's the Way That Love Goes, Again, Where Are You Now for top 3

giphy.gif

angels forever, forever angels

lost in limbo
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#11] What'll I Do - 7,61

Highs: @MarlonBrando7 @HausOfAmericano @Kandy life - 10

Lows: @Inferno - 1

DVOjEi1UQAAmZa7.jpg

Commentary

@That J - This song never got any love and what a shame. It's a banger in its own right. While more jam session with near rock sensibility, What'll I Do is a get up and move track. It's not the same dance as other songs here but it does show some versatility. Underrated!

@janetjackson - Her vocals are what sell this one. I wish it were sequenced better in the album. Would have given it a 7.5+ had it been placed after Funky or New Agenda.

@Mirages - when I first heard the album this song felt a little out of place, but I love what she did with it and love it even more than the original, pioneering those country influences

There's weaker songs and y'all do this one dirty? :triggered: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Archived