Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna and M.I.A. never spoke again after SB controversy

yxi

Featured Posts

lost in limbo
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

what importance are you even talking about she was sued and that’s it. It’s not like the NFL social media shades her constantly or something like that 

nobody's saying that. she was still sued regardless.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bling
11 minutes ago, gstring said:

Wait, mia in other words... Licked Britney and Christina? I'm SHOOK

No, that was Madonna :stalkga:

giphy.gif

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

gstring
19 hours ago, The Bling said:

No, that was Madonna :stalkga:

giphy.gif

Shhooook wig flew to uranus.. :pray: when will britney and jo calderone?  :poot: oh right, and what did christina lick? Oreos? :oprah:

Little little

LordEnigma
6 hours ago, Queen of Venus said:

By the movement of one finger in the live show compared to not moving it in the rehearsal 

Whether you are fine with the finger or not is not the point. In America, it is offensive and holds a meaning behind it. I really don’t give a flying **** but the GP does and if throwing the middle finger wasn’t a big deal, why did MIA have to do it? She did it because she knew it would get a reaction out of people. 

It could be potentially damaging to the performance and it took away from the performance. Can you imagine if one of Gaga’s dancers threw up the middle finger and the media followed that instead of HER perforamnce? MIA just caused a distraction that had the potential to damage the performance 🤷🏼‍♀️

And if the middle finger isn’t that big of a deal, let’s see you do it in any professional setting.

Ferrer Zorola
2 hours ago, HausOfAmericano said:

nobody's saying that. she was still sued regardless.

wow. Did you honestly expected less? how unrealistic of you 

LIFE IS GOOD

lost in limbo
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

wow. Did you honestly expected less? how unrealistic of you 

she was getting sued 16 milion dollars for showing a finger that we all have.

don't know about you tho. maybe you can tell us all the story about how only M.I.A has a middle finger.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

ShockPop

I don't understand.

Stone cold Steve Austin from wwe was uber popular with these people for a long time and the middle finger was his hand signal.

Was sensitivity and butthurt involved?

I agree that probably because of her color she may have gotten more backlash, but you can't do something like showing a middle finger on the Superbowl and think it won't cause controversy, we've always known everything has to be sugarcoated for those shows.

I personally didn't care for it and didn't catch up with the controversy until I heard people speak about it, but that usually happens to me. I remember the Britney kiss on 2003 didn't even phase me and I was an 8 year old, only later when I heard people speaking about is that I understood it was "wrong".

So yeah, americans get surprised way too easily, but still, there are rules on the Superbowl and everyone knows about them.

StrawberryBlond
11 hours ago, HausOfAmericano said:

Yet Janet was the one whose career fell down and guess who returned to the SB this year? Funny.

IT'S A FINGER

Madonna was attacked in 1989, 1992, 2003 and the whole breast thing wasn't even that blasted. Try to use some current examples that were in the same proportions to the controversy Madonna had in the 80s and 90s.

Yeah, I don't agree with Justin getting a second chance either and I'm team Janet on this one but I don't think him being allowed to come back is anything to do with him being white. It's because he's a man (and has had hits since his last performance, unlike Janet), which is a huge difference. The world is always more accepting of controversial males. They have to do something seriously bad for their career to end.

It doesn't matter that you don't find the middle finger offensive, most other people do. Try showing it your parents/teacher/boss and see what happens to you. It's considered an obscene gesture, whether you like it or not. Your opinion on it is worthwhile and all, but everyone else's matters too.

Isn't it an even better example if it was from an earlier time period? When the public were more conservative, meaning the backlash was much stronger, making a career much more likely to end? But if you do want some more current examples, what about Miley's Bangerz era? The outrage towards that time period were of Erotica proportions, from her videos to live performances to her tour to her personality in general. Not to mention, she was heavily criticised for using black women as props and fetishing/appropriating black culture. Her follow-up album, although free and although it had a controversial performance, had no cultural impact and her Younger Now album was an embarassing failure. And even more recently, Iggy Azalea in general. She only had one proper hit and the whole time, she was attacked for adopting a black accent, making bad music, appropriating black culture, rapping poorly and getting plastic surgery. Everything about her was criticised in such a cruel way that she even considered suicide. I mean, the poor girl didn't even do anything bad and any interview will show how sweet and humble she is. She just made the music she wanted, she was never hurting anyone. Her career was over before it ever really begun. And well, Katy could be next, she's being kicked around for everything from her music, voice, musical direction, hairstyle and she's lost fans like crazy. Jessie J dropped off almost completely after her debut album and she's been laughed at ever since for her ever-changing sexual orientation claims I mean, even Lana Del Rey is still struggling to be taken seriously for this day because people still think that early SNL performance defined her talent.

Every year, I see white female artists being criticised, dropping massively in success, being hated on for no reason, having their careers ruined. It's a cruel world, the recording industry for all, doesn't matter if you're black or white.

5 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Whether you are fine with the finger or not is not the point. In America, it is offensive and holds a meaning behind it. I really don’t give a flying **** but the GP does and if throwing the middle finger wasn’t a big deal, why did MIA have to do it? She did it because she knew it would get a reaction out of people. 

It could be potentially damaging to the performance and it took away from the performance. Can you imagine if one of Gaga’s dancers threw up the middle finger and the media followed that instead of HER perforamnce? MIA just caused a distraction that had the potential to damage the performance 🤷🏼‍♀️

And if the middle finger isn’t that big of a deal, let’s see you do it in any professional setting.

Just wanted to say that I thought this was absolutely awesome, especially when you pointed out the changing standards when it comes to actually using it yourself. If Gaga's performance had been overshadowed by a guest star doing something controversial, I doubt there would be this level of defending. It's only because it doesn't affect us are we prepared to say it's no big deal. This is why I'm so glad that Gaga did it solo. She couldn't have afforded any controversial side shows at this crucial moment in her career where it might well have been make or break.

Ziggy
On 2/27/2018 at 9:23 AM, panosmonster said:

Like Madonna never been provocative. I mean she is the epitome of that. Such a hypocrite. M.I.A is an amazing artist. an activist and Madge should know that and the consequences of collaborating with her.  To be honest it wasn't that bad. Middle finger? I mean ok...overreacting much? Madonna showed her f ass maaany times. haha.

also check this masterpiece

Reveal hidden contents

I think she was pissed because she was there as Madonna's guest and ended up dominating the conversation. Imagine you're working for months meticulously on a show (something Madonna is known to do) and then no one remembers your hard work, but the bad graces of the guest you invited along. That would irritate me as well and I don't even like Madonna. However, if she was pissed because of just controversy then I agree, she would be hypocritical to the extreme. The pope condemned her for god's sake :laughga:

Inferno
On 2/27/2018 at 7:15 AM, Bio said:

Exposure, maybe? A lot of young people met M.I.A. through Madonna I guess. She must have felt really stupid recording Give Me All Your Luvin' and B'Day Song lol

Such a falsehood. Madonna didn't expose her to anyone really because that song was such a mediocre failure.

MarcusBones
13 hours ago, gstring said:

Shhooook wig flew to uranus.. :pray: when will britney and jo calderone?  :poot:

wait... you don't know about this moment?

how old am I? :saladga:

DiscoStyx
On 2/27/2018 at 7:21 AM, MannyMonroe18 said:

mia-middle-finger-2012-02-05-300x300.jpg

She flipped the camera off and people were offended

America is offended by any and everything I swear :madge:

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

gstring
5 hours ago, MarcusBones said:

wait... you don't know about this moment?

how old am I? :saladga:

Don't know it was really happened, and idk it was britney and Madonna. just heard a few in infos here and there flying around about that kinda thing happened in an award show but i'm not sure :') 

Little little

The Child
On 27/02/2018 at 4:23 PM, panosmonster said:

Like Madonna never been provocative. I mean she is the epitome of that. Such a hypocrite. M.I.A is an amazing artist. an activist and Madge should know that and the consequences of collaborating with her.  To be honest it wasn't that bad. Middle finger? I mean ok...overreacting much? Madonna showed her f ass maaany times. haha.

also check this masterpiece

Hide contents

And this masterpiece too

She even says “I’m not Madonna” :reductive:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived