đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Disco Will Be The Next HUGE Genre

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Helxig

I was thinking something similar the other night! But you added so much more to what I was thinking!

Oh gay gods please let this be true! And please let Gaga predict this trend emerging and dabble again in her disco roots!

Her music has always been disco influenced, but smash together Joanne and disco and we will be bopping for years. Give me more of this gold:

:giveup:  dreams are free!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

Disco already had a minor comeback in the late 90s and early 00s, but it was more bugglegum pop and R&B than real disco.

I won’t hold my breath because orginal disco (from the early 70s to early 80s) was a street movement. It started in clubs, and then later on became massive in Hollywood.

But new movements don’t last long anymore because they are manufactured instead of starting organically from the streets.

Thats why EDM was barely a two year fad 2010-2012, same with trap and tropical. People move on very quickly this decade.

SchwineLove

trap music is catching momentum i think it even still haven't reached its peak. maybe mid 2018 a new trend will appear

PlanetChromatica
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Disco already had a minor comeback in the late 90s and early 00s, but it was more bugglegum pop and R&B than real disco.

I won’t hold my breath because orginal disco (from the early 70s to early 80s) was a street movement. It started in clubs, and then later on became massive in Hollywood.

But new movements don’t last long anymore because they are manufactured instead of starting organically from the streets.

Thats why EDM was barely a two year fad 2010-2012, same with trap and tropical. People move on very quickly this decade.

I think this is because when a new trend is rising, someone capitalises off the trend by making that one song that defines the trend and people get sick of it through over popularity, the song being played on the radio every minute of the day. E.g. I Got A Feeling, Sorry, Despacito...

I feel like the "disco" songs you mentioned were more of a last gasp of the previous era than a sign of things to come. I don't think we've heard whats next after trap/rap yet. 

4 hours ago, Helxig said:

I was thinking something similar the other night! But you added so much more to what I was thinking!

Oh gay gods please let this be true! And please let Gaga predict this trend emerging and dabble again in her disco roots!

Her music has always been disco influenced, but smash together Joanne and disco and we will be bopping for years. Give me more of this gold:

:giveup:  dreams are free!

this was iconic.

music aside - I wish all the men in this video would pound my b*ssy

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, ArtyRoberto said:

I think this is because when a new trend is rising, someone capitalises off the trend by making that one song that defines the trend and people get sick of it through over popularity, the song being played on the radio every minute of the day. E.g. I Got A Feeling, Sorry, Despacito...

Yes. Once a song becomes inescapably massive it almost instantly kills the genre that spawned it by encouraging plenty of cheap copycats.

Oversaturation equals backlash...sadly we Monsters knew all about that in 2012-2015 :derpga:

I feel like last 4 years has beeeeen very bad for music lovers.

How beautiful it was between 2000-2012 

I hope disco comes

Ive been begging her to do a funky/disco-esque album since like forever. She totally has the chops to do it. Ugh, hopefully someday. I honestly can't have her doing more Americana/country ish. That's all I really ask lol. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I personally think early 2000s love songs or crunk will come back.  Maybe even Aaron Carter type pop

Archived