💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
my experience

My JWT Review (Birmingham night 2)

MillionMarkys

Featured Posts

MillionMarkys

Preface: I have very bad anxiety and I was chopping and changing my mind about going until the last minute because I thought something bad might happen. I ended up throwing away my CTM ticket and ticketmaster were ridiculously unhelpful - saying as it’s standing they cannot replace it as there’s no way to track the ticket and this might end up with the venue being overcrowded (which was crap since they were still selling regular standing tickets). So I ended up buying a regular standing ticket and queueing for hours, but when I was let in I went to the VIP desk and explained, and they only asked for my ID and gave me my lanyard and backpack. So yay me! And thankfully someone had some common sense and decency. Anyway, I digress. 

When I got in the venue I got very upset because it was overwhelming being at a concert for the first time in 2 years, and after Manchester. But I got in early and got to the front of the main stage. I always feel awkward being on my own and no one ever tries talking to me, but one woman talked to me and I thought it was really nice of her. She told me her husband bought her tickets to meet Gaga at the artRAVE and how he and their kids don’t always understand why she goes to see Gaga on her own. I thought it was so kind that she talked to me when I clearly was socially awkward, and that she even bothered when no one else did.

The first act was very good and I loved seeing Gaga so close up. I was annoyed that my pictures didn’t turn out great though (I have an iPhone SE so thought it would be good) but a lot of my videos were good. I did get a bit caught up in trying to record scenes when I could have been seeing Gaga so close up and in real life right there.

All of the acts were awesome and it did seem very polished, but I would have liked for more spontaneity. Everything seemed very planned - they got the camera out ready for the pre-cure letter and when She started reading they started filming the guy. It seemed more for the sake of recording it than I just being a nice act. 

Anyway my favourite part was the piano act. Applause and BTW on the runways were AMAZING. And TEOG made me sob which was quite embarrassing. But the nice woman from earlier saw me and put her arm on mine which was lovely. Gaga gave a speech about people who feel different and the friends they have who accept them, but she also acknowledged people who feel that way and haven’t found friends yet. And that got to me because I’m in that predicament. This act really made me wish I’d stood by the piano or that I was going to another date to stand there, and it also makes me wish Gaga would do a more intimate acoustic tour one day because that would make me so happy. It was so beautiful.

Before DiC she said something like she honoured all the parts in her on this record, and she was honouring the hooker and prostitute in her on this song which I didn’t like. I don’t like the idea of her comparing herself to a prostitute and don’t understand why she would - and what does the song have to do with that anyway? But anyway that’s just my opinion and you might disagree.

I LOVED that She said something like she’s famous but she doesn’t know what for but she’s great at Instagram filters, and then posed for her dancer to take a picture of her butt. The shade at certain people who I am NOT a fan of. 

The Cure was beautiful and I was so glad that I was so close for it. One of my favourite performances and I let myself go and enjoy the last song. I intended to bring a letter but I didn’t because I didn’t have time so I was annoyed about that. She was just a few feet away from me when she hugged the guy she did read from. Then I ran over to the piano when it had done (which annoyed lots of people) for the best tour closer ever and one of my favourite songs. Which again showed all she needed is her voice and her piano.

The front big screen wasn’t on for our show, and I know because I heard someone say. It didn’t ruin it in anyway, but to be fair I didn’t know any different. Though it would have been good to see the interludes bigger. The stages and floating catwalks are such amazing ideas and made it feel incredible. 

What I found interesting was before Joanne she said something like the tour showed a journey of her life, and all her different parts of it, but now she’s just trying to find herself. This made me curious for where she will go next and also made me wonder if she’s considering being more of a “serious” singer than an extravagant pop star because I felt like she was balancing both tonight. And if she wants to that’s fine, and she is very good at it, but I think if she wanted to go a different route she’s shouldn’t let anyone hold her back because I know I’d support her whatever is next.

It was also nice to see people of all different ages and nationalities and sexualities (because I don’t usually feel like I fit in the community) and overall just to have a night where I’m reminded that there is some good left of humanity. I cried when I left because I was so overwhelmed and proud of myself that I’d actually gone.

D4159_B7_D_C4_D0_4_A22_9_F94_6040_CA6_F5

MillionMarkys
7 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Did they film this concert too?

Yes, but less extensively than the one before. I think they were largely focused on Gaga the a few audience shots.

MillionMarkys

OMG I forgot to add she sang the chorus of Grigio Girls, it was beautiful. I was so happy.

adamsenigma
1 hour ago, MillionMarkys said:

Preface: I have very bad anxiety and I was chopping and changing my mind about going until the last minute because I thought something bad might happen. I ended up throwing away my CTM ticket and ticketmaster were ridiculously unhelpful - saying as it’s standing they cannot replace it as there’s no way to track the ticket and this might end up with the venue being overcrowded (which was crap since they were still selling regular standing tickets). So I ended up buying a regular standing ticket and queueing for hours, but when I was let in I went to the VIP desk and explained, and they only asked for my ID and gave me my lanyard and backpack. So yay me! And thankfully someone had some common sense and decency. Anyway, I digress. 

When I got in the venue I got very upset because it was overwhelming being at a concert for the first time in 2 years, and after Manchester. But I got in early and got to the front of the main stage. I always feel awkward being on my own and no one ever tries talking to me, but one woman talked to me and I thought it was really nice of her. She told me her husband bought her tickets to meet Gaga at the artRAVE and how he and their kids don’t always understand why she goes to see Gaga on her own. I thought it was so kind that she talked to me when I clearly was socially awkward, and that she even bothered when no one else did.

The first act was very good and I loved seeing Gaga so close up. I was annoyed that my pictures didn’t turn out great though (I have an iPhone SE so thought it would be good) but a lot of my videos were good. I did get a bit caught up in trying to record scenes when I could have been seeing Gaga so close up and in real life right there.

All of the acts were awesome and it did seem very polished, but I would have liked for more spontaneity. Everything seemed very planned - they got the camera out ready for the pre-cure letter and when She started reading they started filming the guy. It seemed more for the sake of recording it than I just being a nice act. 

Anyway my favourite part was the piano act. Applause and BTW on the runways were AMAZING. And TEOG made me sob which was quite embarrassing. But the nice woman from earlier saw me and put her arm on mine which was lovely. Gaga gave a speech about people who feel different and the friends they have who accept them, but she also acknowledged people who feel that way and haven’t found friends yet. And that got to me because I’m in that predicament. This act really made me wish I’d stood by the piano or that I was going to another date to stand there, and it also makes me wish Gaga would do a more intimate acoustic tour one day because that would make me so happy. It was so beautiful.

Before DiC she said something like she honoured all the parts in her on this record, and she was honouring the hooker and prostitute in her on this song which I didn’t like. I don’t like the idea of her comparing herself to a prostitute and don’t understand why she would - and what does the song have to do with that anyway? But anyway that’s just my opinion and you might disagree.

I LOVED that She said something like she’s famous but she doesn’t know what for but she’s great at Instagram filters, and then posed for her dancer to take a picture of her butt. The shade at certain people who I am NOT a fan of. 

The Cure was beautiful and I was so glad that I was so close for it. One of my favourite performances and I let myself go and enjoy the last song. I intended to bring a letter but I didn’t because I didn’t have time so I was annoyed about that. She was just a few feet away from me when she hugged the guy she did read from. Then I ran over to the piano when it had done (which annoyed lots of people) for the best tour closer ever and one of my favourite songs. Which again showed all she needed is her voice and her piano.

The front big screen wasn’t on for our show, and I know because I heard someone say. It didn’t ruin it in anyway, but to be fair I didn’t know any different. Though it would have been good to see the interludes bigger. The stages and floating catwalks are such amazing ideas and made it feel incredible. 

What I found interesting was before Joanne she said something like the tour showed a journey of her life, and all her different parts of it, but now she’s just trying to find herself. This made me curious for where she will go next and also made me wonder if she’s considering being more of a “serious” singer than an extravagant pop star because I felt like she was balancing both tonight. And if she wants to that’s fine, and she is very good at it, but I think if she wanted to go a different route she’s shouldn’t let anyone hold her back because I know I’d support her whatever is next.

It was also nice to see people of all different ages and nationalities and sexualities (because I don’t usually feel like I fit in the community) and overall just to have a night where I’m reminded that there is some good left of humanity. I cried when I left because I was so overwhelmed and proud of myself that I’d actually gone.

D4159_B7_D_C4_D0_4_A22_9_F94_6040_CA6_F5

Being a prostitute it's not a bad thing sis. :cryga:

awesome! I saw her August 5th, basically half a year ago now lol... I have pretty bad anxiety too, mainly OCD, and it makes concerts hard for me. I go pretty often anyway, but it's hard. I am going to see Katy Perry tomorrow for Witness Tour (same venue as Joanne Tour).

Overall though, it sounds like you had a good time! I try to talk to people when they're alone at concerts too. Sometimes they're nice, but other times they just want to be left alone and then I feel awkward lol

Guest ARTPOPSlays

I’m so happy you went and had a great time! It’s alwaus great to Face your fears. I also went to The JWT, I went twice. It’s definetly one you don’t wanna miss out on! Glad to hear if her great experience :) 

Sarah Millner

the show was sooo good wasnt it such a good atmosphere and how she connects with the audience is amazing. iv seen her live alot of times now and i think last night was my favourite one. i did the same for million reasons at the end was so amazing! roll on sunday in london and then again in paris (its never enough)

Tan Fei

Glad you enjoyed it ! I dont really like the letter reading part too from what i watched from videos. Still dont understand how it works and how they got picked ?

DiscoStyx
16 minutes ago, Tan Fei said:

Glad you enjoyed it ! I dont really like the letter reading part too from what i watched from videos. Still dont understand how it works and how they got picked ?

fans throw their letters on stage and she randomly picks one

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

Tan Fei
1 minute ago, gaganow said:

fans throw their letters on stage and she randomly picks one

I see . Jus find it weird that its a random letter but at the same time it seems the cameraman /they know like immediately who wrote the letter once she picked it up  :huh:

Irrelevant
3 minutes ago, Tan Fei said:

I see . Jus find it weird that its a random letter but at the same time it seems the cameraman /they know like immediately who wrote the letter once she picked it up  :huh:

Someone in GGD got his letter read I believe @spanishmonster. Maybe you can ask him?

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived