💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Cyndi Lauper talks about Kesha's Grammy performance

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

This is why I love the 80s. Cyndi was 30 when her debut album was released! 30!!! That would never happen nowadays. Now record companies recruit underage girls and, mould them and dispose of them once they hit 30. 

I wish the spirit of the 80s was still around where you had empowering women in their 20s, 30s and 40s and over (Annie Lennox, Bette, Cher, Madonna, Laurie Anderson, Kate Bush, Arethra Franklin, Patty LaBelle and more) all being listened to by record labels who let them do their own thang! The 80s had so much art!

Tom Nook

I love Cyndi and you can tell she was deeply touched by the performance, I can’t wait to see it :heart: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Catnikko
24 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

inb4 monsters write salty comments about how kesha doesnt deserve the pop solo grammy and how praying is a mediocre song and the only reason its getting recognition is cuz of times up and me too :awkney: 

To be fair the majority of people here have been saying they'd either prefer/be happy for kesha to win so give the gals credit for participating in their low salt diet :stalkga:

Actual patient

Arturo
26 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

inb4 monsters write salty comments about how kesha doesnt deserve the pop solo grammy and how praying is a mediocre song and the only reason its getting recognition is cuz of times up and me too :awkney: 

Wheres the lie tho

huttont
1 hour ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

i saw it. sad. :rip: taste. imagine if praying was a gaga song :awkney: monsters are probably the biggest hypocrites in all of the fandoms 

Praying is a good song and I love kesha...but if it was a Gaga song, the vocals would be miles better. Kesha live doesn’t sound like the actual audio.

ZiggyZiggs
1 hour ago, huttont said:

Praying is a good song and I love kesha...but if it was a Gaga song, the vocals would be miles better. Kesha live doesn’t sound like the actual audio.

but the award isn't 'who's got better vocals' or 'who sings better live'. people are soooo misinformed about the pop categories i can't, they think 'best pop vocal performance' means what song has better vocals when that's not the case. the songs are judged as a whole, lyrics, melody, production etc. so it doesnt matter who sings better than who. it all boils down to what song the grammy voters like best

11 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

but the award isn't 'who's got better vocals' or 'who sings better live'. people are soooo misinformed about the pop categories i can't, they think 'best pop vocal performance' means what song has better vocals when that's not the case. the songs are judged as a whole, lyrics, melody, production etc. so it doesnt matter who sings better than who. it all boils down to what song the grammy voters like best

i'm confused. so it's basically an award for best pop song?

ZiggyZiggs
6 minutes ago, SFDMQ said:

i'm confused. so it's basically an award for best pop song?

yep bcuz the pop does not have an additional category called best pop song like the rap, country and r&B categories did ya'll think it was for best vocals? :laughga: 

7 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

yep bcuz the pop does not have an additional category called best pop song like the rap, country and r&B categories did ya'll think it was for best vocals? :laughga: 

well it's literally called Best Pop Vocal Performance

Lextyr97

Why are people surprised that we want Gaga to win the Grammy? Lmao we just genuinely believe Million Reasons is the better song. Nothing wrong with that. The opposite would be the case on Keshadaily so I don't get the issue. Plus, most comments are saying they're content with either winning. 

ZiggyZiggs
53 minutes ago, SFDMQ said:

bcuz it's got vocals and it's a performance :trollga: 

ZiggyZiggs
36 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Why are people surprised that we want Gaga to win the Grammy? Lmao we just genuinely believe Million Reasons is the better song. Nothing wrong with that. The opposite would be the case on Keshadaily so I don't get the issue. Plus, most comments are saying they're content with either winning. 

no one's surprised, we're just defending praying cuz people are saying it's not a great song lmao

huttont
1 hour ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

I understand that. I never said anything about the award...just that Gaga would have sang it better.

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, SFDMQ said:

23 minutes ago, huttont said:

I understand that. I never said anything about the award...just that Gaga would have sang it better.

Quoting @andy232000:  The word vocal is used by the Grammies to demórate songs with words. “Best pop Vocal” means “best pop song that contains words” aka “not an instrumental piece. 

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived