đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did Gaga mess up her UK promo?

Catnikko

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, melon said:

I’d disagree, you look back and Gaga has usually performed better in the UK than in the US, heck the Cure did amazing here and was top 10 radio and Coachella didn’t even air on tv here! 

the only album where Gaga hasn’t performed well in the UK has been Joanne and that’s just simply because the Gp here is not keen on Americana

Not once did I hear The Cure on UK radio :rip:

ShockPop
9 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

It was on A LOT. I don't even listen to radio but caught bits in shops.

Promo is funny in the uk. She bases it on number of viewers which doesn't really equal sales here like it does in the states. In the UK you need to target your demographic and hammer their heads in. Look at the promo steps did for their comeback. Daytime tv nuke.

33 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

The UK IMO don’t deserve all the attention they get from US artists. They don’t like Gaga’s music so the promo she makes there is useless AF.

They deserve her. Bad Romance went #1 there while #2 in the US. She has 4 #1s compared to 3 in the US.

LateToCult

To hell with X Factor UK. I remember in 2016 when she performed Million Reasons all anyone could talk about was her face.  :saladga:

ShockPop
27 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

They deserve her. Bad Romance went #1 there while #2 in the US. She has 4 #1s compared to 3 in the US.

Bad romance went #1 twice!

I think all her UK X Factor performances has its flaws imo! With the MTN one she was probably exhausted or focused on giving a good show for BBC Children In Need since they happen within the same time. 

Catnikko
14 hours ago, Sexxx said:

It's on all the mcdonalds playlists though :gaycat: I hear it twice a day

Actual patient

14 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

The UK IMO don’t deserve all the attention they get from US artists. They don’t like Gaga’s music so the promo she makes there is useless AF.

She's broke the top twenty SEVENTEEN times? Not an easy thing to do in the U.K. when you're competing with so many homegrown artists, European and American artists. The U.K. gets promo from Gaga because the U.K. always has time for her.

Just Dance - #1

Poker Face - #1

Paparazzi - #4

LoveGame - #19

Chillin' - #12

Bad Romance - #1

Telephone - #1

Alejandro - #7

Born This Way - #3

Judas - #8

The Edge of Glory - #6

Hair - #13

Marry The Night - #16

Applause - #5

Do What U Want - #9

Perfect Illusion - #12

The Cure - #19

Laceface

There's dancing at the end :huh: that performance is one of my favourites, it's perfectly theatrical and her outfit is so good & her vocals are projected.

the UK isn't here for Joanne, the rest has been well received. The Cure, DWUW did really well on radios with barely any promo. 

3 minutes ago, Laceface said:

There's dancing at the end :huh: that performance is one of my favourites, it's perfectly theatrical and her outfit is so good & her vocals are projected.

the UK isn't here for Joanne, the rest has been well received. The Cure, DWUW did really well on radios with barely any promo. 

Do What U Want would have went #1 if it got a video and a little more promo, possibly The Cure too.

Do What U Want was EVERYWHERE when it dropped.  Radio, clubs, stores... it just needed that little bit more of a push :giveup:

Laceface
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Do What U Want would have went #1 if it got a video and a little more promo, possibly The Cure too.

Do What U Want was EVERYWHERE when it dropped.  Radio, clubs, stores... it just needed that little bit more of a push :giveup:

I know right :giveup: DWUW was constantly on radio, our country was so here for that sound

1 hour ago, Benji said:

The amount of potential it had here :giveup: If only it got that tiny push. I even remember Radio 1 put G.U.Y. on rotation and hearing that a few times. 

The UK is still definitely here for Gaga. A TV performance and mv for The Cure would have done wonders. It got picked up with absolutely no promo whatsoever.

Archived