đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JT says artists go to Vegas to retire

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Why does everyone assume that Vegas residencies are for "long faded out stars"? When Celine Dion defined the Las Vegas residency for the 21st century,she was around the same age as Gaga and on top of the music world,having just come off the heels of her highly successful world tour from 1999-2000,being one of the highest selling female artists of the 90s,having the most iconic movie song of all time paired with the second highest grossing movies of all time (My Heart Will Go On/Titanic),just having a baby two years prior,then leading into five years worth of sold out shows and she could have kept the "A New Day..." show going if she wanted to,but she was aching to get back on tour (and she's still selling out shows to this day,despite not having a hit album in quite some time,but that's neither here or there). I'd say about less than half of the Vegas residencies are actually people who haven't been relevant in the grand scheme of things in the last twenty years (i.e. Donny and Marie Osmond),but otherwise Vegas is a pretty marketable place for music residencies. Don't knock it until you've done your homework. They're all living quite comfortably with these residencies and it's not "career suicide" or a "retirement plan". People pay some big bucks to see these musicians,and Gaga will certainly be no exception to this rule.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagatella

We'll see about that when he tries to perform on Superbowl after Gaga's performance 

Spoiler

:trollga: Good luck topping that! :trollga:

Archived