💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is My Song Good Enough to Be Recorded Professionally?

Hoss

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Salvador Sequea
1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The opinions of you guys might decide if I decide to pursue a career in the music industry or not. 

Let me tell you that our opinions shouldn't decide your career, it's all about your will. Everybody may tell you no, but if you feel like yes, it will be yes indeed :classy:.

That being said I must tell you that FL Studio usually is not the common program to build music, it's more like a mixing software, very simple. Even tho I think you nailed it with this beat. I think is actually amazing being the first one you made so, imagine the ones after :excited2:. I can totally hear this in a club or even in a Festival or something, very energetic!

Try to find a proper mic to solve the vocals and I will recommend to find this little software called Pro Tools. Is the one they use in the big industry :classy:.

Looking forward to any update :hug:!

2 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Everyone criticising him needs to realise that this is his first track..

Well criticism is to be expected when someone asks a question whether or not their art is good or not.

4 minutes ago, Salvador Sequea said:

Let me tell you that our opinions shouldn't decide your career, it's all about your will. Everybody may tell you no, but if you feel like yes, it will be yes indeed :classy:.

That being said I must tell you that FL Studio usually is not the common program to build music, it's more like a mixing software, very simple. Even tho I think you nailed it with this beat. I think is actually amazing being the first one you made so, imagine the ones after :excited2:. I can totally hear this in a club or even in a Festival or something, very energetic!

Try to find a proper mic to solve the vocals and I will recommend to find this little software called Pro Tools. Is the one they use in the big industry :classy:.

Looking forward to any update :hug:!

Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. And I will definitely check out that software because it’s been recommended to me before 

Boyboi12
37 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Do you not think it’s good? :( I kind of made it purposefully generic to sound more radio friendly 

Yeah but you should let me touch it up

TheJoanneJoker

I actually like this instrumental A LOT

great job dude, why not, try to send your demos to labels and talent agencies

1 minute ago, Beytwice said:

I actually like this instrumental A LOT

great job dude, why not, try to send your demos to labels and talent agencies

omg that's a good idea :giveup: maybe i will

TheJoanneJoker
1 minute ago, Hoss said:

omg that's a good idea :giveup: maybe i will

you should

I love it

Irrelevant
19 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Everyone criticising him needs to realise that this is his first track..

So we shouldn't criticize him? I can't listen to the song atm, but if there's no criticism, people can't learn what to do better next time.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

18 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Well criticism is to be expected when someone asks a question whether or not their art is good or not.

1 minute ago, Irrelevant said:

So we shouldn't criticize him? I can't listen to the song atm, but if there's no criticism, people can't learn what to do better next time.

YASS I want everyone to drag me :tony: it will help me make it better 

but also don’t be afraid to praise me :bon:

Do you have any musical background (i.e. can you read music, do you play piano or guitar, etc.) ? I only ask this because some of the notes clashed (at least, to my ear) as if there were melodies out of key -- and so maybe some work on the chord progressions could be improved ? 

Truly I'm impressed at the instrumental itself without looking at the lyrics because personally It took me forever to figure out how to master/mix/render songs I made in DAW softwares like the one you're using (FL Studio) so not bad for your first mix ever!

2 minutes ago, Riley said:

Do you have any musical background (i.e. can you read music, do you play piano or guitar, etc.) ? I only ask this because some of the notes clashed (at least, to my ear) as if there were melodies out of key -- and so maybe some work on the chord progressions could be improved ? 

Truly I'm impressed at the instrumental itself without looking at the lyrics because personally It took me forever to figure out how to master/mix/render songs I made in DAW softwares like the one you're using (FL Studio) so not bad for your first mix ever!

I have very little musical background tbh bedsides vocals and a mere knowledge of piano. I used to play when I was younger but abandoned it, wish i hadn’t :( At what point do you think the notes clashed? And thank you so much! Means a lot 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I have very little musical background tbh bedsides vocals and a mere knowledge of piano. I used to play when I was younger but abandoned it, wish i hadn’t :( At what point do you think the notes clashed? And thank you so much! Means a lot 

Okay upon second listen, maybe not clash but maybe just...awkward(?) melody transitions? I really can't put my finger on it - and maybe I need to hear it with the vocals/melodies of the lyrics to hear it all come together but something isn't clicking for me 

I think flow and arrangement is probably what it is but I'm not certain. 

Archived