• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

1. It’s looking like it fits or else you wouldn’t be so bothered 

2. You are absolutely NOT in the back of my mind :air: 

3. Your reputation on here is all on you and no one else

1. It bothers me because it's untrue. Amazingly, it's possible to be offended by something untrue said about you, imagine that!

2. Well, it's hard to believe you're not referring to me when you talk about racists on GGD on account of you've called me one a few times.

3. I can be controversial at times, yes, but I always makes clear that I'm talking about specific people, never over generalise, use facts wherever possible, etc. I can't help it if someone misinterprets my intentions when I try so hard to be fair and diplomatic. In this case, I'd say your reputation is also on you and no one else.

6 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

If y’all know this then why are there so many people in this thread claiming they had no clue monkey was offensive to black people? You may know but clearly others do not. 

I respect you a lot, but what I’m not going to do today is defend why putting a black kid in a monkey hoodie can be seen as problematic. Especially in 2018 where everything is called out if it’s near problematic. White people cant tell black people what is racist and what is not and you giving an “opinion” is more so saying, “why are you mad? You can’t be mad at this.” 

At the end of the day they apologized, however, I’m not going to be told what is and isn’t racist by any white person. I’m sorry can’t do it, won’t do it, not today not ever lol. So no point in even quoting me.

I only saw about 3 people in this thread who claimed this. Hardly "so many."

That's nice to hear you respect me a lot, so thanks. I understand why you think it's problematic. I even agreed in my original post that it surprised me that no one had seemed to question this (then again, I've also seen other problematic slogans that aren't racially related, so clearly, there's not just a potential racist problem afoot). But I don't think it's worth boycotts. Once again, I'm not "telling" you what to be and not to be offended by, I'm just submitting an opinion that I'd like you to at least read thoroughly and take in, even if you disagree.

I know how you feel regarding the "no one outside my group is going to tell me what to feel" idea. I'm a woman, I go through that. But I'd also like to point out that clearly, there's still problems between oppressed groups respecting one another. I've brought up sexism from the black community a few times and the black men I encountered online always denied it. Similar to what you said to Chic, this whole "we've got to defend one another no matter what" that runs through the community means that other oppressed groups might get silenced. Also, you're fine with black people defending other black people without question? But I'm assuming you'd find something very sinister and wrong about white people defending other white people, right? How can we have equality if races are so loyal to one another that they won't have anything to do with the other side?

ALGAYDO

LOL @ the white people trying to dictate what black folks should and shouldn’t be offended by :ladyhaha:

Imagine a bunch of straight guys trying to tell us gays that we shouldn’t be offended by homophobic slang :ladyhaha:

The hypocrisy, the double standards, the ignorance, the MESS :toofunny:

August Blue
Just now, Chic said:

okay and I'm saying that I as a minority deal with issues better than this, and for anyone to imply that the severity of those issues aren't comparable to other minority issues is prejudiced

Imo no one was implying that. 

We were giving you an example to make you understand that when a minority feels offended, other people don’t need to tell them different. 

And it is the same for all the minorities that suffer from prejudice. 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

1. It bothers me because it's untrue. Amazingly, it's possible to be offended by something untrue said about you, imagine that!

2. Well, it's hard to believe you're not referring to me when you talk about racists on GGD on account of you've called me one a few times.

3. I can be controversial at times, yes, but I always makes clear that I'm talking about specific people, never over generalise, use facts wherever possible, etc. I can't help it if someone misinterprets my intentions when I try so hard to be fair and diplomatic. In this case, I'd say your reputation is also on you and no one else.

Good for you, I guess? Nothing I say will stick so idc.

I’m content with my reputation on this site, yes :) 

Gia Gunn

A lot of people seem to think that 'racist' is an insult, and instead of wondering why they were called one, they become aggresive :triggered: You can be racist without intending to be

Guys, lets just stop. There is no point in arguing about this topic anymore.

At this point it has just turned into petty jabs and calling others racist simply because they do not share your point of view. Just stop.

Dominic

Guys can we try to limit the personal digs and baiting. The reports are too much  :sweat:

Please just use the ignore function if you don't like someone and their posts :neyde:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Just now, Doot said:

It's a shame that no one can give their opinions on here without being labeled as racist. sad.png

Yeah, racists always go crazy for being called out for the scumbags that they are. That's amazing, right?

StrawberryBlond
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Good for you, I guess? Nothing I say will stick so idc.

I’m content with my reputation on this site, yes :) 

Nothing I say will stick either. I've made literal lists explaining what racial causes I'm passionate about ending and you don't even acknowledge it, never mind apologise for assuming the worst of me when the reality was quite different. Just because I care about real racial issues as opposed to microaggressions doesn't make me a racist, it makes me a realist. This just goes to prove that nothing will cause you to change your mind about me. You're that proud. It's laughable.

I couldn't care less about the reputation tally. Yours is much bigger than mine but it's meaningless, so...meh.

Morphine Prince
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

Nothing I say will stick either. I've made literal lists explaining what racial causes I'm passionate about ending and you don't even acknowledge it, never mind apologise for assuming the worst of me when the reality was quite different. Just because I care about real racial issues as opposed to microaggressions doesn't make me a racist, it makes me a realist. This just goes to prove that nothing will cause you to change your mind about me. You're that proud. It's laughable.

I couldn't care less about the reputation tally. Yours is much bigger than mine but it's meaningless, so...meh.

I don’t care.

Keep laughing then, I certainly am. 

I’m speaking about reputation, not reputation points :rip: 

ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

A lot of people seem to think that 'racist' is an insult, and instead of wondering why they were called one, they become aggresive :triggered: You can be racist without intending to be

Nowadays, it seems like for white people it’s more offensive to be called racist than to actually BE a racist. And yet they call people who get offended by their unintentional racism too “sensitive” or that they’re just a bunch of “annoying SJWs” 🙄 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived