Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

These should have been Joanne's singles

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

As as we all know Joanne only had one true hit single (Million Reasons). But the Joanne era could have produced more hits if these songs were released as singles in the following order:

1st Single: A-Yo. I would have released this song as Joanne's first single because it is the most colorful and loud song on the album. This song is also one of the most radio friendly, fun, and catchy on Joanne. A-Yo is basically the country rock version of Uptown Funk.

2nd Single: Million Reasons. This song remains unchanged for obvious reasons. I always knew this song could do well as soon as she released it as a promo for the album.

3rd Single: Dancing In Circles. This song has a tropical/latin vibe that would have fit right in with today's tropical house and reggaeton trends. Its not generic but still radio friendly enough to be played on radios. It also carries the most The Fame/Born This Way/Old Gaga vocals on the album.

4th Single: Diamond Heart or Hey Girl: If the previous singles were successful, she could have ended the era with one of these two. Both of these songs are radio friendly and showcase great melodies and vocals. 

FfFfFfFF

I agree with all of these except A-Yo as the lead and with the final single not being the title track.

It might be just me but I just don't find A-Yo catchy.

4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I agree with all of these except A-Yo as the lead and with the final single not being the title track.

I just see A-Yo as obviously designed to be a single/hit. It would have eased in the public into Joanne. 

MaryJaneHolland

1. A-YO - lead single

2. Million Reasons - one week before the album release

3. John Wayne - for Superbowl

4. Dancin' In Circles - for Coachella

5. Joanne - just for the sake of it, to close the era

I think it would've worked this way.

6 minutes ago, Sableye said:

Im surprised John Wayne didn't make the list. Maybe as a promo single?

I did consider John Wayne too simply because its one of the most fun on the album. But I feel like it's too alternative to have been successful. 

A-yo was a no brainer, can't believe they screwed it up. 

But I think it wouold need a name change to something like "Mirror on the ceiling" or something. 

Also it's not the loudest on the album. Perfect Illusion is.

The title track is an obvious final single too.

Yuuri

1 Perfect Illusion (Throw away single)

2 Million Reasons

3 Diamond Heart/A-YO (either would have slayed with the Superbowl impact)

4 Dancin' In Circles (Song of the summer)

5 Joanne (end of era)

TEANUS

1. Perfect Illusion (With promo, the GP I know who actually got to hear the song love it, haven't heard one bad thing about it) - September 2016

2. Million Reasons (Had PI been successful: top 10, platinum; MR could've came a bit later, with release right around AMAs/ VSFS, music video release on VSFS week. Either way, this was destined to be one of her longest single eras, ballads almost always have longevity, especially in the winter, SB) - November 2016

3. John Wayne (Snippet at SB, test the waters, let MR run its course, MV in mid March, make a big deal out of) - March 2017

4. The Cure (Coachella performance, release in May, promo, MV) - May 2017

5. Dancin in Circles (VMAs, Tropical sexy MV) - July 2017

6. Joanne (5FT, MV with 5FT scenes+JWT clips) - September 2017

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

GagasPussy

SMH Interscope should have faith in Gaga and give her the chance to release more singles to give exposure to the Joanne era. They always give up on Gaga and end the releasing of singles once a song has underperformed. I understand that a record label is a business and they don't want to invest money riskign the chance of a single flopping but I can't see why they wont just let Gaga release more singles. Other female artists always release a bunch of singles with videos and a lot of their songs don't even perform well on Billboard Hot 100. A-Yo, Diamond Heart, DIC, and John Wayne should have all been singles. Joanne could have been a closer for the era and summation of the message for the album. Perfect Illusion should have been a promo hype single. 

1st Single: Million Reasons

2nd Single: Perfect Illusion

3rd Single: A-YO & DIC (Double Release)

4th Single: John Wayne

5th Single: Joanne 

Archived