💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

LG CREATIVE DIRECTION Video - Lobster Eye

joannethenight

Featured Posts

joannethenight
10 hours ago, Miel said:

Love seeing this. Gaga did so much and so well from the beginning of Joanne until now, and so did Lobster Eye.

... everything except the merchandise, imo.

I think merchandise wasn't bad 

🌹

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

I have that. I mean the one in the video :poot:

Oh my bad :laughga:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Jupiter Drive

The entire Joanne era was extremely cohesive in terms of design, it felt like one streamlined experience from the release of π to where we are now. That's much more than we can say for other eras, especially ones where single covers switch design themes halfway through. 

I think the entire point of this was more for the GP's benefit than ours. As stans and stalkers, little monstrosities can pinpoint exactly when a candid and/or performance happened, but the GP can't. 2015 as a whole served as getting her back into the public's good graces, and a streamlined era where everything is cohesive only helps cement her comeback in the minds of casual listeners and fans.

sc: maryjanehunty

1 hour ago, joannethenight said:

I think merchandise wasn't bad 

It wasn't awful, but it could have been better.

I mean, the designs are definitely modern streetwear inspired and trendy, which I think is actually cool, and has been lacking in Gaga's department. The Coachella merchandise was amazing! But the designs with their prices made it much less appealing.

9 minutes ago, Jupiter Drive said:

The entire Joanne era was extremely cohesive in terms of design, it felt like one streamlined experience from the release of π to where we are now. That's much more than we can say for other eras, especially ones where single covers switch design themes halfway through. 

I think the entire point of this was more for the GP's benefit than ours. As stans and stalkers, little monstrosities can pinpoint exactly when a candid and/or performance happened, but the GP can't. 2015 as a whole served as getting her back into the public's good graces, and a streamlined era where everything is cohesive only helps cement her comeback in the minds of casual listeners and fans.

Good point. I was actually thinking, from around TF/M all the way through ARTPOP, she would have specific looks for each single (there are specific styles for Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, BTW, Judas, TEOG, YoĂź and I, MTN, Applause, GUY single phases), and that she didn't do it this time around.

While it did seem a little less exciting than before, it definitely helped consolidate Joanne in a very cohesive manner.

3 points in and ready for more

Jupiter Drive
2 minutes ago, Miel said:

Good point. I was actually thinking, from around TF/M all the way through ARTPOP, she would have specific looks for each single (there are specific styles for Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, BTW, Judas, TEOG, YoĂź and I, MTN, Applause, GUY single phases), and that she didn't do it this time around.

While it did seem a little less exciting than before, it definitely helped consolidate Joanne in a very cohesive manner.

Exactly. I feel that's the point that everyone is missing. Design and branding are very important concepts for companies, the same concept goes for artists. If every single she was promoting featured a different look the general public would become easily confused as to when something happened - not something you want when your public standing as an artist is still a little shaky. 

sc: maryjanehunty

Just now, Jupiter Drive said:

Exactly. I feel that's the point that everyone is missing. Design and branding are very important concepts for companies, the same concept goes for artists. If every single she was promoting featured a different look the general public would become easily confused as to when something happened - not something you want when your public standing as an artist is still a little shaky. 

I agree. I guess the small caveat is that, for monsters who have been so used to that particular pattern, it can seem kind of... dragging. But in the bigger picture, it definitely makes it so much easier for the larger public to recognize and consume a cohesive aesthetic.

The aesthetic of Joanne is very recognizable- that hat, denim, pink. Hell, I have friends that come up to me jokingly and say "that's so Joanne" to anything milennial pink, like... what kind of impact.

3 points in and ready for more

LaMaisonGaga
Just now, Irrelevant said:

I think I might've found her glasses

rockerfish_02Y_1.jpg

@ARTPOPthatbooty is this useful :selena: http://www.gentlemonster.com/shop/ver1_detail.php?it_id=1474956834&cata=c0

Haha thanks but I was quicker than you back in April :hor: 

http://lamaisongaga.tumblr.com/post/159652325987/fashion-credits-lady-gaga-at-coachella-night-i

lamaisongaga.com

doppelganger
On 1/2/2018 at 9:58 PM, MarcusBones said:

+ Ruth Hogben

showstudio.com/contributor/ruth_hogben

Ruth made video content for SHOWSTUDIO. Andrea also worked with SHOWSTUDIO. Gaga worked extensively with SHOWSTUDIO at the tail end of TFM and the beginning of BTW and she knows their talent. 

Archived