question

Would Aura been big as a lead?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2017 at 2:51 PM, JohnWayne92 said:

I personally wish they would let her release what she wants. She would back it more. AKA Venus, A-Yo. 

I think Aura as the lead would’ve flopped but Venus as a second single would’ve done fine. Imagine “Venus:The Remixes” single ep  :giveup:

BYE

SpeechIess

Aura is one of her "worst" songs, not her best, it's still semi-ok but it had no potential as being the lead, it just wasn't lead material, lmao.

Aura has one of her best and catchiest choruses. Cut the intro and give it the video that was supposed to be the Telephone continuation and it would've been a potential hit no doubt about it.

RochestrMonstr

I think it could have done well. Applause wasn't even really that "radio friendly", certainly no less or more than some of the other tracks, including Aura in my opinion. 

People said Applause would flop when it came out. I remember Perez specifically (I know, that's literally the worst time of Gaga's career I could choose to mention him, but he had a point) saying how he didn't believe it was relatable, comparing it to Bad Romance in that respect. Something about how everyone could relate to being in a Bad Romance, but not everyone could relate to Applause's message, going as far as saying it would probably only do well in clubs (I'm paraphrasing, but i'm sure this can be found somewhere). 

But I think, despite early predictions that it would flop, Applause was saved by two things. It was saved by being a lead single of a follow-up to a successful album, and it was saved by being "catchy" enough (although by no means in-line with what was popular on the radio in 2013). Aura also could have met all of these criteria in my opinion, along with other songs on ARTPOP.

On that note, I think if Applause was the third single, it would have flopped just as hard as G.U.Y. if released under the same circumstances. 

ToxicHot

Aura, as EPIC as it is... I feel like it would've flopped harder than Perfect Illusion. :( 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Not Radio friendly at all

BUT

I Love it much more from applause..

It would give great artistic gagaish visuals (can u imagine a possible video telephone-killer sequel style..?) 😱❤️👑

Just now, HermesGr said:

Not Radio friendly at all

BUT

I Love it much more from applause..

It would give great artistic gagaish visuals (can u imagine a possible video telephone-killer sequel style..?) 😱❤️👑

Imagine after that..

2nd single n video #Venus 👑

3rd single #ARTPOP (stylished as dark fallen killed angel from the bigining of #guy video) 🌚

Tbh Gaga only works when it's out there and wild. That's when she shine through, Aura is a perect example of it.

But the public was way too fed up with her, it would only damage even more.

I dont know i can imagine it getting a life of it's own, but it's the wildest of the cards, certainly no radio would pick it, like at all

gabeoz

I could have been a huge hit if the beginning was toned down and it was given a couple of more verses. 

Laceface

They were looking for any reason to rip her into shreds so probably would have dragged her for the Burqa lyric. 

Naor Daniel

If it was more similar to the demo, without the extra intro and heavy production, it could be a hit.

I'm just not sure about the "do you wanna see me naked lover", I don't think it would be well accepted by the GP and radio.

monster4life231

Gaga was never a flop so I don't know why yall keep saying it. smh.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Archived