Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did 'Everyday is Christmas" flop

Werk

Featured Posts

Because its a bad album, and i adore her, love most of the things shes done but this was cheesy and very repetitive.

She would have done better with the classic Christmas songs, adding her own twist to them, like what she did with "California Dreamin", and turn the classics into epic covers that give you goosebumps. Even my mom was super excited for this one, was dissapointed too

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xmas music is pointless.

Its hard to make newer Christmas songs catch on. Just stick to the classics.

Also, when I think of Christmas I don’t think of SIA

BYE

DiscoHeaven23

For me, i just felt like her voice did not match Christmas music. She’s a shrieker when she sings and Christmas music is typically softer. Her promo wasn’t very good either. Gwen had great promo for hers and it worked out well for her (selling over 100K already).

Slovakialop
9 hours ago, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

Well you can actually! Its easy!

tumblr_m98o5bfjpj1qcqqpjo5_250.gif?w=245

Step 1: Open up you computer

Step 2: Open iTunes

Step 3: Use the search bar/ or scroll until you find Sia's Christmas album

Step 4: Open the album 

Step 5: Double click on Snowman and there you go. 

Do this on July 1st 2018. If it doesn't work try restarting your computer? 

200.gif 

Where is this gif from? The movie I mean

Laceface

Basically people aren't here for original, new Christmas music which is a shame because the same stuff gets so bloody repetitive. Plus she only promoted it on The Voice/Ellen like a week before Christmas as she was touring Aus/NZ. I still heard it on adverts in the UK though. It's a nice album with well written songs for the festive period. She only planned to release ONE Christmas song but the song writing process went so well she continued with an album, it wasn't planned. A lot of the songs remind me of Some People Have Real Problems in terms of style

12 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

And it was released in the summer :bon:

Late September is hardly summer anymore. I still remember the HSN advertisers that recommended buying a copy for everyone in the family for Christmas :gaycat: But I’m not doubting the longevity of the album I just thought I’d correct your argument :bon:

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Late September is hardly summer anymore. I still remember the HLN advertisers that recommended buying a copy for everyone in the family for Christmas :gaycat: But I’m not doubting the longevity of the album I just thought I’d correct your argument :bon:

It still technically is the summer. And I agree, it’s a great gift for Christmas. Doesn’t mean it’s a Christmas album.

Dominic

I heard it on the radio in the UK quite a lot which isn't bad for a Christmas album. Did it actually flop or is it just a flop in comparison to a standard album? 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

2 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

I heard it on the radio in the UK quite a lot which isn't bad for a Christmas album. Did it actually flop or is it just a flop in comparison to a standard album? 

In the US it was a flop for a standard album. However I don't know if I'd call it a flop or just that it underperformed 

Many reasons...

1. Xmas music is stuck with the classics now..

2. The Sia and Xmas connection is kinda weird..

3. Maddy - people had enough from her and she’s all over the album once again.

4. Sia’s voice is just not Xmas..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived