Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
life

Gaga in the studio with BloodPop

mariomania1234

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Contributions? He is credited as a producer on EVERY Joanne track.

I mean what he did on those songs. It’s obvious where he pops up over, say FJM or Mark. And on the songs those are almost always my least favorite elements of those songs.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder, if she is featured on the album, if she would co-produce along with writing, or just let BloodPop do all the production. It'd be interesting to see how this dynamic rolls out, considering she is a very involved artist.

3 points in and ready for more

On 12/22/2017 at 7:50 AM, Censored said:

He got lucky with Sorry, and he wasn't even the main producer, and everyone is overrating his basic, now.

Cheers to that and cheers to another flop.

Ypuk8EO.gif

Agree to disagree.

Gaga clearly sees something in him, why else would she produce music with him when there are a million other producers out there? They have something special together. You're comment is very opinionated, and not so factual. :awkney:

54 minutes ago, Austin said:

Agree to disagree.

Gaga clearly sees something in him, why else would she produce music with him when there are a million other producers out there? They have something special together. You're comment is very opinionated, and not so factual:awkney:

Wat. How is that even related to what I posted? :air:

Your*

it wasn't laaaahv

bloodpop doesn't really excite me, I find his recent stuff super basic and forgettable. Hopefully they make something worthwhile.

The golden age of ARTPOP-like EDM tunes seems over. Who still does it today? Today everybody is into mid-tempo-but-still-danceable songs or that "shape of you" king of stuff.

The Cure is not a bad track, but it's clearly conceived to fit today's tastes.

Gaga has three options:

- forget dance, definitely switching to rock (with a bit of electro)

- doing an entire album like The Cure (and Bloodpop style is more in this direction, listen to Madonna's rebel heart)

- being bold, and stick with her ARTPOP kind of EDM

IMO, Bloodpop could be good to produce the studio version of the more commercial songs in ASIB, while DJWS (and hopefully some European producers...) will be great for her "100% Gaga" come back

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

freebit

I hope we get to hear it soon, like Q1 kind of soon. I have a feeling it won't be as saccharine as The Cure, nor be as divisive as PI. I hope she gets the best out of him and vice versa.  

As far as his first single went, I'm so surprised it underperformed here in the US. It wasn't a bad song by any means either. I have to wonder if people are just tired of Bieber, or the song just truly didn't resonate. 

On 12/26/2017 at 5:50 PM, Ziggy said:

Hmmm...I don’t think I like his contributions to Joanne, but he does nice pop even if a little forgettable. Then again, so does RedOne. It’s Gaga, not the producer that matters. 

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that people were having reservations about how basic Bloodpop is, when they likely stan for her work with RedOne. 

On 28/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, DrewPa said:

The golden age of ARTPOP-like EDM tunes seems over. Who still does it today? Today everybody is into mid-tempo-but-still-danceable songs or that "shape of you" king of stuff.

Gaga has three options:

- doing an entire album like The Cure (and Bloodpop style is more in this direction, listen to Madonna's rebel heart)

IMO, Bloodpop could be good to produce the studio version of the more commercial songs in ASIB, while DJWS (and hopefully some European producers...) will be great for her "100% Gaga" come back

tenor.gif?itemid=3974633

21 hours ago, shabody said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3974633

Me neither TBH, but listening to the song from ASIB we listened in that video on the set, I think that the soundtrack for the movie will be a sort of mix between country-rock and The Cure-ish tunes.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Gaga released this single on purpose to "prepare" and test the audience on this new (for her) sound. 

If it concerns only the movie OST, it's fine with me. But from Gaga I want something more like "her". Her "experimenting with new sounds and genres" period lasted long enough imo. 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Smarticle

Its only been 11 days since the photo and I cant wait for the release :emma:

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

monketsharona
On 27/12/2017 at 12:50 AM, Ziggy said:

Hmmm...I don’t think I like his contributions to Joanne, but he does nice pop even if a little forgettable. Then again, so does RedOne. It’s Gaga, not the producer that matters. 

Agree on this though there some people that match a lot better with her than others... 

2 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Agree on this though there some people that match a lot better with her than others... 

I concur. I’m just trying to be optimistic and maintain excitement lol

Can someone tell me how he contributed to Joanne? What are specifically the pop elements he added to those songs? 'Cause I don't think it's possible to tell really :shrug:

Also, not really interested in her being on his album. These colaborations never really brought anything exciting for me.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:28 AM, DrewPa said:

Gaga has three options:

In regards to your first point, most of Gaga’s songs are mid tempo anyway. Bad Romance was always the slowest song in a club playlist, for example lol I imagine the speed of her songs will still be within that area so she can be able to sing them live without too much difficulty (Judas).

MaryJaneHolland
On 12/28/2017 at 9:28 AM, DrewPa said:

Gaga has three options:

All of these are a no tbh D4CsoxJ.gif

Archived