The Ones Who Suffered the 4th Album Curse and The Ones Who Didn't

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Velvet
1 hour ago, TheSlash said:

:air: Technically BTW is her 2nd, bc TFM was not a full-length album :lolly: . Research before posting something like this, sis

giphy.gif

:lana:

39 minutes ago, Versace said:

Your list is so flawed 

Miley's Dead Petz isn't her 4th album , it isn't even part of her record label contract. View it as FREE and i repeat FREE mixtape. 

Aguilera flopped with her 4th album , True

Katy flopped with Witness (4th album), True

I wouldn't call Rated R a flop, that album has a #1 song under its belt being Rude Boy and two top 10 hits (three if you include Rude Boy)

Madonna flopped with Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart (what are you even talking about, she's technically a touring artist now, in that department she's always slayed)

Beyonce's 4th album is 4 lol (sis did you even bother noticing the connection) and for Beyonce's standard it was an underperformance 

Lady Gaga's 4th album is ARTPOP (please let's not be delusional and consider R&B an official album)

P!NK's Beautiful Trauma is NOT a flop for today's horrid state of music sales, in fact it's a hit. The GP adore P!NK, a flop era needs some negative response towards it. 

Demi was never on a high album wise for her to flop, no comment there. Her first two albums were kinda embarrassing but oh well.

and yes Kesha's Warrior underperformed 

56 minutes ago, Garzilazo said:

:sharon:

57 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

she never started  :poot: 

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Red Velvet

YOU ARE ALL HELPLESS ****ING JERKS THAT ARE SO DELUSIONAL AT RUMOR THREADS JUST O HAVE THE REWARD OF A HIP REPLACEMENT, GETTING SO MAD AT FANBASES WITHOUT ANY PEACE OR MERCY! IF YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE TOLD WITH SUCH PEOPLE LAUGHING AT YOU, DO THE SAME AS I DID! YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY I EVEN GAVE YOU A GOOD LAUGH YOU BASTARDS, LEAVE ME ALONE!

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

YorkieCat
1 hour ago, LukeIsGaga said:

Rock Steady, as an album, was less successful than Return To Saturn, although it did sell slightly more copies. Return To Saturn is very underrated before though.

Rock steady sold 5.5 m and Ros 3.5 m. Ros did well but if you think about Tragic kingdom, it was huge and No doubt was huuugee. Everyone was waiting for the next album after TK and it didn’t sell well compared to TK.  People were disappointed and didn’t like Ros. They even toured in small venues... 

Rated R didn’t flop tho? That album was extremely successful 

and that ded petz álbum thing was free lol so it couldn’t have flopped 

Illuminati

If you included Red and Blue then Katy didn't flop at her fourth era either cause she had Katy Hudson :rip: 

Irrelevant
47 minutes ago, Piece of Me said:

YOU ARE ALL HELPLESS ****ING JERKS THAT ARE SO DELUSIONAL AT RUMOR THREADS JUST O HAVE THE REWARD OF A HIP REPLACEMENT, GETTING SO MAD AT FANBASES WITHOUT ANY PEACE OR MERCY! IF YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE TOLD WITH SUCH PEOPLE LAUGHING AT YOU, DO THE SAME AS I DID! YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY I EVEN GAVE YOU A GOOD LAUGH YOU BASTARDS, LEAVE ME ALONE!

:emma:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

ryanripley
52 minutes ago, Piece of Me said:

i think it might be time to log off for a little while :/ 

if this was meant to be funny, where’s the funny tag? that’s why people have clocked you cus they thought you were being serious

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SlayGagaloo
1 hour ago, Piece of Me said:

It's your fault stop being overdramatic please 

Over.

BELINDA POP
1 hour ago, Piece of Me said:

You never tagged it as rumor or as funny, and if you can’t take the criticism then don’t open a thread will be my advice to you.  Now chill and fix your list already since it was a clear mess :nails:

2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

can somebody actually make a proper list?

Yeah I'm bored. Here y'all go:

FLOPPEDT (most are just underperformances except for Xtina who definitely flopped)

- Beyonce with 4

- Gaga with ARTPOP

- Katy Perry with Witness

- Christina Aguilera with Bionic

- Rihanna with Rated R

BLOCKEDT (relatively the same/similar trajectory from the 3rd album)

- Taylor Swift with Red

- Britney Spears with In the Zone

- Kesha released Rainbow, her first critically acclaimed album but lacked a huge hit unlike Animal and Warrior

- Demi Lovato with DEMI (ehhh... somewhat the same)

- Madonna with Like a Prayer

TOPPEDT

- P!nk began her reign as Queen of Australia with I'm Not Dead in 2006

- Miley Cyrus' biggest album is Bangerz (if we're counting Hannah Montana, then HM3 still has Hannah's biggest BB100 hit)

- Selena Gomez released her first solo album with her first ever hit (Come & Get It) with Stars Dance

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

brit4ever
16 minutes ago, gag said:

Yeah I'm bored. Here y'all go:

FLOPPEDT (most are just underperformances except for Xtina who definitely flopped)

- Beyonce with 4

- Gaga with ARTPOP

- Katy Perry with Witness

- Christina Aguilera with Bionic

- Rihanna with Rated R

BLOCKEDT (relatively the same/similar trajectory from the 3rd album)

- Taylor Swift with Red

- Britney Spears with In the Zone

- Kesha released Rainbow, her first critically acclaimed album but lacked a huge hit unlike Animal and Warrior

- Demi Lovato with DEMI (ehhh... somewhat the same)

- Madonna with Like a Prayer

TOPPEDT

- P!nk began her reign as Queen of Australia with I'm Not Dead in 2006

- Miley Cyrus' biggest album is Bangerz (if we're counting Hannah Montana, then HM3 still has Hannah's biggest BB100 hit)

- Selena Gomez released her first solo album with her first ever hit (Come & Get It) with Stars Dance

Britney should be in Topped, since In The Zone not only didn't flop, but it spawned 3 WW #1 hits(making Britney the only artist to have 2 albums with 3 or more WW #1 hits, the only others to do so being Madonna and Michael Jackson) compared to "Britney" that spawned only one big hit(Slave 4 U) and I don't even think it peaked in the WW Top 5. Also she won a Grammy for Toxic and Toxic is her most iconic and famose song to this day. 

Like a Prayer should also be in Topped imo.

Archived