💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Making others hate Gaga

Ronk

Featured Posts

Today on ATRL, Katy fans and Gaga fans were making their points about which artist is more successful this year.  Both sides have points when they emphasize the things that favor their artist;  streaming vs sales, NA vs worldwide, etc.  As usual, it got ugly.

But one comment by a Katy fan got my attention:  "Honestly, this pathetic Gaga vs Katy fan thing needs to stop, after all these ****ing years. I respect Gaga so much but I'm scared people like you, the fans like you are gonna turn me into a hater."

"turn me into a hater."  This speaks volumes, and I've noticed it ever since I became a LM in 2010.  We justify what we say by blaming others.  We say other artists shaded or dragged Gaga.  And we say the fans of other artists started the fights, not us.  But Gaga has come out firmly against stan wars, and against responding to hate and negativity with more hate and negativity.  This notion that LMs can turn others into haters is real.  When we do, we become a liability to Gaga, and we bring down her popularity.  Rather than blame others, we should think about the consequences of our actions.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Evan Peters

hating an artist bc of the fans is the laziest excuse ever. it's extremely easy to distance yourself from the fanbase of anything you enjoy, lol. this fanbase is full of entitled brats who love to cause drama, but disliking an artist bc of people you can actively avoid? yawn

emma roberts is an abuser

1 minute ago, Evan Peters said:

hating an artist bc of the fans is the laziest excuse ever. it's extremely easy to distance yourself from the fanbase of anything you enjoy, lol. this fanbase is full of entitled brats who love to cause drama, but disliking an artist bc of people you can actively avoid? yawn

Literally this. :flop:

I love Little Mix but I distanced myself from the fandom online because they're so toxic. :rip: 

StarstruckIllusion

I'm pretty sure straight America isn't here for all of pop female music (look how hard it's all flopping vs. rap music) because of how LGBT it's gotten over the past few years. (Trailblazed by the Born This Way era of course :gaycat: ) We been knew it's super acceptable to be LGBT, but from my observations/confessions, the straights still don't wanna get missaccused, so they don't like admitting they like pop in 2017. 

I definitely agree. I mean, Madonna's fanbase can be too much sometimes buuut that doesn't mean I can't listen to Madonna's flawless discography :madge:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, Jus said:

I definitely agree. I mean, Madonna's fanbase can be too much sometimes buuut that doesn't mean I can't listen to Madonna's flawless discography :madge:

This! The more Madonna fans dragged Gaga around 2010-2012 the more I got into her discography haha 😂 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

16 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

I agree that is how it should be.  People should be able to separate an artist from the fanbase.  But I think many people aren't able to do that, unfortunately.  I am one who believes that some of the hate Gaga has received is due to what people see as abrasive LMs.  For example, nobody likes to see their fave dragged.  When LMs drag their fave, it generates hate which shouldn't, but can, expand beyond hate of LMs to hate of Gaga.  Yes, it's lazy, but it happens.

Sneaky Oliver
6 minutes ago, MetalliGa said:

I became aBeyonce hater because of that reason:laughga:

myrtle+snow+hater.gif

I’m on my Legacy Act era

29 minutes ago, Blake said:

Literally this. :flop:

I love Little Mix but I distanced myself from the fandom online because they're so toxic. :rip: 

This is a very good approach.  I am also a Mixer, and I didn't even know their online fanbase is toxic.  I follow them because I like their music and I have found they are very good people.  It is important to me that an artist be kind and try to help others, so I check the bios and news of all my faves.  Little Mix are very nice people, so I guess any artist can attract overly defensive fans.  Maybe it's human nature to fight, but I'm in favor of doing what we can to prevent it.  Like Gaga wants to end bullying, and she has been able to ease it in some cases, and she will keep trying.

KingRedd

This is true. Most people here HATE Beyoncé. The mention of her name draws haters to just comment negatively. Most of the excuses I see is “people praise her too much” or “her fans adore her too much” lmao so yes, fans can make an artist hated easily. 

May I Read You? 😎

androiduser

stan culture and fan communities do make haters.... I was a Madonna fan and her fans turned me into somewhat of a hater.... and this forum's levels of stanning also make me see some unpleasant sides of Gaga

Luzaleja

When I see that kind of behavior (Stan wars) I usually block both sides, lol. As people have said, Madonna’s fans are very annoying, but I still enjoy her music :gaycat:  

You’re right, though. As a Gaga fan, you would think people would be kinder :sweat:

bloody g

Stan wars are stupid. Why would you argue with someone else because of their taste?

They probably aknowledge her talent, but Gaga is not their cup of tea because of multiple reasons. Cannot be simplier.

Edit: multiple as in a million reasons now on itunes

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived