Jump to content
politics

Germany: Relations with the USA will never be the same again


Melech

Featured Posts

"Germany's Foreign Minister has accused US President Donald Trump of undermining German-American relations.

Sigmar Gabriel argued in a Dec. 5 speech that it is time for Germany to stand up to the United States, according to Deutsche Welle.

"The US no longer sees the world as a global community, but as a fighting arena where everyone has to seek their own advantage," Gabriel told an audience at the Berlin Foreign Policy Forum, Deutsche Welle reported.

He called on Germany to be more daring in its foreign policy and urged the European Union to be more assertive in upholding its interests.

"Germany can no longer simply react to US policy but must establish its own position…even after Trump leaves the White House, relations with the US will never be the same," he added."

https://www.opposingviews.com/i/world/german-foreign-minister-trump-has-permanently-damaged-us-german-relations

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never see the USA as before. It was always like a big brother overboard, something like a role model... now it's just this member of the family everyone is just embarrassed by it and want's to hide it's existence. 

But, i just hope we in Europe don't suffer the same faith :awkney:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic

I been knew. I've been kinda saying thinking this for a long time too. In terms of foreign relations the USA always saw themselves as some sort of highschool lunchtable queen bee that make the rules, but especially now it's time for Europe to emancipate itself politically.

Link to post
Share on other sites

calmar
18 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I been knew. I've been kinda saying thinking this for a long time too. In terms of foreign relations the USA always saw themselves as some sort of highschool lunchtable queen bee that make the rules, but especially now it's time for Europe to emancipate itself politically.

For about the past hundred years, yes. Not before that. The two world wars radically changed American foreign policy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Florian
23 minutes ago, Mythos said:

I will never see the USA as before. It was always like a big brother overboard, something like a role model... now it's just this member of the family everyone is just embarrassed by it and want's to hide it's existence. 

But, i just hope we in Europe don't suffer the same faith :awkney:

ROLE MODEL ?!

In NO WAY I'd like my country to have past or present US policies :toofunny: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, calmar said:

For about the past hundred years, yes. Not before that. The two world wars radically changed American foreign policy. 

Well true, Americas foreign policies up until Woodrow Wilson sounded very much like Trump's current ideals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Florian said:

ROLE MODEL ?!

In NO WAY I'd like my country to have past or present US policies :toofunny: 

Well, we got AfD im Bundestag, so... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

moonsago

That’s interesting and kinda true, even I, before Trump wanted so bad to move there and create a future for myself there because it seemed like such an open minded country, forward thinking, accepting, full of oportunities but now, after seeing that it’s none of that but full of evil, selfish people I don’t anymore. England here I come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Well true, Americas foreign policies up until Woodrow Wilson sounded very much like Drumpf's current ideals.

Different world, though. Those old-world policies made sense with the climate of the world at the time and the U.S.'s role in it. Nowadays they're totally backwards and make no sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...