Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Gaga's changing face

Helxig

Featured Posts

Helxig

Because Gaga's changing face is always a very hot topic of debate, I wanted to say to those who are being critical that it's a combination of factors.

Edit: I believe that Gaga can do whatever she wants to her face. This isn't meant to be a criticism of her appearance. I believe in freedom of expression and I'm very open to cosmetic enhancements. This thread is meant in defence against the people who say nasty things and call her 'unrecognisable'. I've always been known on this site to praise her appearance. I think she looks beautiful and sexy at the start of her career, and now, with injectables, and without.

Here are some non-cosmetic reasons that I believe have shaped her appearance over the years:

- She's lost some volume in her face (her baby fat). Partially because she's 31, but also because of a very stressful life. We all know this fact: anyone who has lived through 10 years of stress, drug abuse, no sleep, eating disorders, and chronic pain becomes 'haggard' and sunken in. She definitely isn't haggard, but her cheeks aren't full in the same way they used to be.

-She's stored fat under her chin and neck area. Partially because she's developed a 'double chin'. This happens to anyone nearing their 30's who is genetically predisposed to have one, and both of her parents do. But this is also because she isn't anorexic any more, which is a good thing. She's healthy.

- She's had her wisdom teeth removed. Yes, removing teeth can change a person's facial structure. When I had my braces put on my orthodontist told me all about this. The more teeth you remove, the more the jaw bone shrinks and changes shape. 

Here is some info from this website:

"Many people will find that their jaw structure and facial features are more defined after wisdom teeth surgery. In fact, many professional models have their wisdom teeth removed to give them the look of having higher cheekbones."

And a handy little chart in this spoiler tag:

Spoiler

bone-loss.png

But of course on top of these natural changes she's had:

- Fillers in and around her lips

- Fillers in her cheekbones and under her eyes

- Fillers in her chin

- Botox in her forehead, and possible around her eyes and other areas

I'm just trying to point out that her changing face isn't all cosmetic, it's about 50/50 cosmetic and other factors! :happy:

So maybe before judging someone too harshly, take into account that life happens to us all, we all age differently (my face is certainly changing in my mid-late 20's), and some changes to a person's face over ten years are natural. Not everyone is Rihanna and stays looking exactly the same! And that's okay too!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

She would love reading this thread, we all know she adores when people scrutinize her physical appearance.

Helxig
Just now, Adakam said:

She would love reading this thread, we all know she adores when people scrutinize her physical appearance.

Yeah I hope she doesn't see this because I hate talking about her appearance, or anyone's physical appearance in general. But I'm trying to defend her against all these people who rip her apart about getting some injectables.

It's her choice, and she can do whatever she wants to her face and body.  

Helxig
Just now, GAGASLAYME said:

I don't care I still love her either way:kara:

Is this thread coming across as jugemental? I was trying to defend her against all these people who heavily criticise her. Oh sh.it :saladga:

Helxig

I don't know why I bother standing up for Gaga on this cult site  :selena:

It's like everyone claims to love her but treats her the opposite.

There is a respectful way of saying it, and I think OP wasn't harsh. We are all fans, but it doesn't mean some topics are off limits, especially if it's discussed respectfully.

What he says is true and there isn't much that can reverse it. Thankfully, Gaga isn't known for her beauty the way someone like Beyonce is. She's the most talented pop star there is who also has a taste for avant garde fashion/style. She just has to keep doing that and giving great songs and she'll be fine.

GaGaAst

I am beautiful on my own way

Cause God makes no mistake  

I Am on the right track baby (am i :emma:?) 

i was born this way

she should sing like this every time someone says something to her

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

hi just curious: are fillers permanent enhancement? or is it something that you have to always do after a period of time? same question for botox.

lxdygxga
2 minutes ago, danilov said:

hi just curious: are fillers permanent enhancement? or is it something that you have to always do after a period of time? same question for botox.

They’re usually temporary and need topping up from time to time. 

Helxig
1 minute ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

There is a respectful way of saying it, and I think OP wasn't harsh. We are all fans, but it doesn't mean some topics are off limits, especially if it's discussed respectfully.

What he says is true and there isn't much that can reverse it. Thankfully, Gaga isn't known for her beauty the way someone like Beyonce is. She's the most talented pop star there is who also has a taste for avant garde fashion/style. She just has to keep doing that and giving great songs and she'll be fine.

Thank you :selena:

Just now, GaGaAst said:

I am beautiful on my own way

Cause God makes no mistake  

I Am one the right track baby (am i :emma:?) 

i was born this way

she should sing like this every time someone says something for her

Yes. If being beautiful in 'her way' is having some injectables then she's allowed to express herself in that way.

Just now, danilov said:

Fillers are a natural substance found in the human body, and they inject it under the skin in many different ways to create changes in the appearance (higher cheekbones, in hollow under eyes, in lips to make them bigger etc.). They're temporary as the body absorbs them over time, and have to be re-done every 6 months or so.

Botox is similar, it's a toxin that paralyses certain muscles in the face. It's usually injected carefully in places that have wrinkles to tighten the skin and stop the person from making big expressions. It is also temporary and has to be re-done every few months.

LaLuna

I think the OP was very respectful and only stating facts, I don't see what the problem is. Her face has changed, some of those changes are natural, some are not. That's it. No big deal. 

As long as she doesn't become Jocelyn Wildenstein's twin, she can do whatever the hell she wants. 

DoremonLove

The possibility that her face might be changing bcoz she isnt in her 20s anymore isnt even considered here. 

Agree with OP. You have explained really well:giggle:

The comments passed on her looks are so mean:lana:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived